• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

2 minutes ago, youresotoxic said:

OH WOW! SM didn't tack on their previously released singles and called it a MINI like I theorized. SLAY!!!!! :jonnycat:

We won, Siren is coming :jonny6: 

whenever y'all talk about R**ZE and it isn't Seunghan related...

GKJzYmOXIAAPcFc?format=jpg&name=small

2 minutes ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

girl magnetic is not even comparable to cupid

magnetic is only a week old and already doing cupid numbers. 

Biggest *peak* streaming days for 4th/5th gen girl groups on Spotify:

1.  FIFTYFIFTY 'Cupid (TWIN ver.)’ — 5.25m streams
2. NEWJEANS 'Super Shy' — 4.726m streams
3. ILLIT 'Magnetic' — 3.542m streams

these are peak btw. 

we don't know when magnetic will peak but i don't think it will be slowing anytime soon

you cannot be saying magnetic is as viral as cupid. 

Did you read what I wrote? I was comparing the Group X song narrative you were pushing.  I compare having a successful song with being a successful group. I didn't compare Cupid with Magnetic. Magnetic was released by an HYBE group, the K-POP company with the most international followers, and it is being well received by casual listeners so its success isn't surprising to me.  Now if Illit will replicate it or not with future releases only time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Inspirit said:

RIIZE is coming

:jonny6:

To tank if Seunghan is not there wbk

11 minutes ago, Darkling said:

I will be hoping for ENHYPEN to be payoled next comeback too, it's what they deserve!!!

sunghoon-park-sunghoon.gif

I hope so. If it's so easy why not? 

2 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

To tank if Seunghan is not there wbk

I'm sorry but I have to support Sohee no matter what

SVZ2K.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hybe invested heavily in advertising Illit across various social media platforms, I saw the dozens of millions, maybe hundreds of millions of ad views on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. It is no different from what happened with Fifty Fifty, which similarly spent millions $ on TikTok advertising, as it was revealed later in court.

It is payola, and it is normal, it is the company job to promote their artists. That doesn't diminish the quality or popularity of Illit's music. No amount of promotion can salvage a subpar song. Many artists around the world receive support from their labels, not all achieve widespread popularity.

Newjeans' previous success has shown an existing demand for that musical style, it's not surprising that there's continued interest in similar music.

IMG_1307.gif?ex=6619e025&is=66076b25&hm=

Congrats! :clap3:

• Like 1

Riize boycott is such a fail, like SM don't really care about it at all.

:clap3:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Hybe invested heavily in advertising Illit across various social media platforms, I saw the dozens of millions, maybe hundreds of millions of ad views on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. It is no different from what happened with Fifty Fifty, which similarly spent millions $ on TikTok advertising, as it was revealed later in court.

It is payola, and it is normal, it is the company job to promote their artists. That doesn't diminish the quality or popularity of Illit's music. No amount of promotion can salvage a subpar song. Many artists around the world receive support from their labels, not all achieve widespread popularity.

Newjeans' previous success has shown an existing demand for that musical style, it's not surprising that there's continued interest in similar music.

Well, this is payola or promotion done right. I don't see a problem with that. This is what K-POP fans are begging the companies behind their faves to do and this is what every single company with money should have been doing. What many users/kpoppers are saying is that HYBE is buying streams which is a completely different thing. As I said before, all these KPOP companies want Western validation so why aren't they doing the same?

• Like 2

With the Riize teasers, I really don't think aespa are coming until late May....I guess it's cool. I can focus on streaming Utada's new release for April now :foxaylove3:

• Like 1

finally admitted that there is payola involved.

/end discussions

27 minutes ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

sungchan wearing seunghan's jacket :cupid:

SM owns it, he's not gonna need

it anymore

if payola is "okay" and their company is just doing their "job" promoting ILLIT and babymonster then why are yall so offended when we say "payola" "autoplay" and "ads" :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1

BIGBANG originally released "BLUE" on February 22, 2012 at midnight KST, meaning that it took the song approximately 12 years, 1 month, and 9 days to reach the milestone.

I'm confused. Is RIIZE's mini coming in May or June?

5 minutes ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

finally admitted that there is payola involved.

/end discussions

Not the type that seemed like you were implying but speaking about myself I don't have any problem with being wrong but I need a logical point of view that makes things clear. 

3 minutes ago, Panda17 said:

Well, this is payola or promotion done right. I don't see a problem with that. This is what K-POP fans are begging the companies behind their faves to do and this is what every single company with money should have been doing. What many users/kpoppers are saying is that HYBE is buying streams which is a completely different thing. As I said before, all these KPOP companies want Western validation so why aren't they doing the same?

While I don't know how Spotify Payola works, I'm confident Spotify generally functions more like a snowball effect.

The more initial streams a song has, the more playlist reach it gains, which further increases the number of streams, which further increases the number of playlists the song is added to. Being a well known or critically acclaimed artist must accelerate the process and maybe let you jump some hoops.

For a new group like Illit, it's less about Spotify payola and more about gaining traction on other social media platforms first, which allowed them to start high on Spotify and trigger a cascading effect.

In short, good music wins :gayalipacat3: (and payola helps)

• Like 1

Wonbin and Sungchan :heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.