K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

Just now, youresotoxic said:

GDSgnKKWcAEUAqq?format=jpg&name=largeGDSg9GkXUAA5Ap9?format=jpg&name=largeGDShKlsWkAAo3X2?format=jpg&name=largeGDShUG5XIAIchzY?format=jpg&name=largeGDShhmLXoAAurYj?format=jpg&name=largeGDSiGmkWgAAnk9d?format=jpg&name=largeGDShKRyXQAAVUs3?format=jpg&name=large

Is that Yuqi from griddle 

spacer.png

• Replies 51.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

Min Hee Jin gave a new interview about New Jennies

Min Hee-jin, the CEO of ADOR and the chief producer of the girl group NewJeans, which brought a paradigm shift in the K-pop scene, expressed her desire to break away from conventional styles.

In an exclusive interview with the NHK special documentary "The Song That Echoes Around the World ~ The New Era of Korean-Japanese Pops (POPS)," which aired on the 7th, Min said, "I wanted to show various styles that weren't presented in the mainstream."

Min emphasizes the importance of taste and sincerity, stating, "Giving your all for others and for yourself may be an 'intangible value' that's not visible, but people feel it."

In a commercial market aiming for mass appeal, hit formulas and styles are easily revived or imitated. Min wanted to break away from this stereotypical mainstream.

This brings to mind the 'thesis-antithesis-synthesis' concept Min discussed during her appearance on tvN's "You Quiz on the Block" at the end of 2021. Hegel's dialectic, a process of contradiction and its resolution, explains the movement of things. History progresses by pointing out and opposing the contradictions of existing orders. In Hegelian terms, this is the thesis-antithesis-synthesis. The established framework is the thesis, and over time, an opposing antithesis arises. The conflict between these two transcends into a synthesis. Min applies this to the K-pop world, a process seemingly forecasted through NewJeans.

A key element is the unadorned charm of NewJeans members. In the documentary 'The Song That Echoes Around the World ~ The New Era of Korean-Japanese Pops,' there's a scene where Min Hee-jin, while recording 'Cool With You' with NewJeans member Hanni, encourages her to 'do it with your own feel,' thereby granting her creative freedom.

Min explains, "I preferred an image that is more fitting for their age, rather than one driven by business. I hoped for them to exhibit a carefree and brightly innocent appearance."

She adds, "I want to present a variety of imaginative works that evoke creativity. If at all possible, my ultimate goal is to create content that is not only non-standardized but also maximally stimulating and interesting. This is what I aspire to showcase through NewJeans."

Under Min's strategic production, NewJeans debuted in July 2022, instantly causing a sensation. Min oversaw everything from member selection to song collection, album production, and promotion. Focusing on the essence of music, NewJeans debuted without teasers, just releasing a music video.

A year after debut, their second EP "Get Up" topped the U.S. Billboard Main Album Chart 'Billboard 200,' and three songs from the album entered the 'Hot 100' single chart simultaneously. NewJeans achieved this feat in the shortest time (1 year and 4 months) among K-pop artists at the '2023 Billboard Music Awards' (BBMAs).

Min was named one of the 'Women That Have Made an Impact in Global Entertainment' by Variety in 2022 and was selected for '2023 Billboard Women in Music.' She also received the Presidential Commendation in the Overseas Market Expansion category at the '2023 Korea Content Awards' and won the Popular Arts category at the '72nd Seoul City Culture Award.' Recently, she received the Producer Award at the '38th Golden Disc Awards with Mandiri.' In her acceptance speech at the Golden Disc, Min expressed her gratitude to the fans, known as Bunnies, and asked for anticipation for NewJeans' new challenges and adventures in 2024.

Translated by Person on Reddit <-- linked here

If this doesn't solidify that Min Hee Jin is the true star of New Jeans and the group/girls are just a small part of her personal art project then yall are just blind stans

• Like 2

Just now, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Is that Yuqi from griddle 

spacer.png

the main slayer of the group, yes

jessi.gif

need Lucas back so bad

spacer.png

• Like 2

SM PLEASE do something with his hair, this is heinous

we don’t wanna have Wonbin roll up to Kwangya and see billboard trucks outside saying “you looked like shit yesterday” 

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, New Edition said:

So wait out of all the blood money Keena got for coming back to ATTRAKT how much did she actually get to keep? 

She got her part of the profit from Cupid + the 3 other girls parts of the profit. I don't remember the figures reported by the korean media but it was a lot of money, between 6 and 7 figures in total.

1 hour ago, youresotoxic said:

GDSgnKKWcAEUAqq?format=jpg&name=largeGDSg9GkXUAA5Ap9?format=jpg&name=largeGDShKlsWkAAo3X2?format=jpg&name=largeGDShUG5XIAIchzY?format=jpg&name=largeGDShhmLXoAAurYj?format=jpg&name=largeGDSiGmkWgAAnk9d?format=jpg&name=largeGDShKRyXQAAVUs3?format=jpg&name=large

my chuu we love you

23 minutes ago, New Edition said:

Min Hee Jin gave a new interview about New Jennies

Translated by Person on Reddit <-- linked here

If this doesn't solidify that Min Hee Jin is the true star of New Jeans and the group/girls are just a small part of her personal art project then yall are just blind stans

She gave similar very in depth interviews before. I watched that documentary on Japanese tv, it was ~1 hour long, they talked about BTS, Lesserafim, Newjeans, Yoasobi, maybe more I forgot. The segment about Newjeans wasn't really new information.

As a creative, MHJ has been toying with this idea, to create "authenticity" for a long time, and break away from the constraints of running a business and perfecting "the Kpop formula". That would be an oxymoron. A product (a Kpop group) is manufactured, thus not authentic. But in her mind, if you create this perfectly controlled environment and give your artists liberties and opportunities to contribute or be themselves within that secure parameter, you get close to create a genuine, honest experience by the artists for the fans, or the illusion of it.

A metaphor to better explain it would be factory farm meat vs grass fed meat. The Kpop industry see and use idols as disposable commodities and throw them away when they are done with them. Entertainment companies aren't called idol factories for nothing. MHJ wants to create a better, safer environment for her artists and thinks this will result in a better experience for everyone, including the fans and along with that, better, more diverse music and idol content.

From songs using the natural timbre of each member within their vocal range, to the lack of vocal guide or more sophisticated singing technique or limited post-processing, to the introduction and refinement of non synchronized / open style dancing and asymmetrical dance formations, to a general aesthetic, physical appearance to styling to makeup more focused on naturalness and a gen Z approach to graphic design, method of communication (their own phoning app) to marketing (branding with the rabbit), I think she can be happy with what she has done with Newjeans, relatively to her intentions, Newjeans do seem like a group of young girls having fun through and through.

And her group being such a success and leading the change in Kpop in some form or another has to be the cherry on top, given her ambition to challenge the status quo.

My 2 cents :ducky:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

GDRnFcabQAADBTC?format=jpg&name=large

can’t wait to see what 2024 brings :alexz3:

spacer.png

CBX official profile photos under INB100 :heart:

Edited by hallucinate
  • Like 1

HITZY is finally back :jonny:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

the song bops but they really missed the opportunity to go way harder for the choreo :chick3:

also inb4 someone else posts

Edited by hallucinate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

I love when idols K I L L their bullies in their music videos. I hope i-fans were shook and scarred.

11 hours ago, Butters said:

:coffee2: the way lsf are definitely going back to their regularly scheduled programming/concept even after unforgiven underperformed + this smashed :deadbanana:

Perfect Night has always been their concept though

Don't let toxic Newjeansters gaslight you

Edited by illia
  • Thanks 2

Love untouchable. Hope the Knets agree. Ryujin is looking amazing w that pink hair. 

and listening to the album Born to be -> untouchable -> Mr vampire is so excellent. I was a BtB hater but it is lowkey hitting :alexz2:

tankzy came with an actual catchy song in years :clap3:

• Like 1

UNTOUCHABLE IS A MEGA BOP :jonny5:

I will listen to the album later when I can, but wow 

• Like 1

Untouchable is cute but nothing groundbreaking, the MV is giving Everglow's Slay :foxaylove2:

Anyway, Born To Be>>>

• Like 2

Itzy song is cute but I’m so disappointed with the choreography :toofunny3:! It was the perfect opportunity to show them 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.