• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

1 minute ago, Selenasworld said:

Is that hard to figure out that people is craving for Drama for their English single?

a song like Drama would probably tank for an English single - it has a very harsh kpop sound that isn’t palatable to wider western audiences

look at the global crossover hits from the genre the last couple of years: none of them really have that vibe. the closest would be Blackpink songs, and they have a much larger global fanbase (and I say this as a MY vs only being an occasional BP fan). stuff like Super Shy, Cupid, Flower, Ditto, Dynamite, etc are a lot more melodic with less abrasive production.

the problem with aespa’s earlier English releases is they felt either too juvenile or dated on arrival + they didn’t really fit their brand. something like Thirsty (English ver) would’ve done much better while still feeling very aespa

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cloudbusting said:

a song like Drama would probably tank for an English single - it has a very harsh kpop sound that isn’t palatable to wider western audiences

look at the global crossover hits from the genre the last couple of years: none of them really have that vibe. the closest would be Blackpink songs, and they have a much larger global fanbase (and I say this as a MY vs only being an occasional BP fan). stuff like Super Shy, Cupid, Flower, Ditto, Dynamite, etc are a lot more melodic with less abrasive production.

the problem with aespa’s earlier English releases is they felt either too juvenile or dated on arrival + they didn’t really fit their brand. something like Thirsty (English ver) would’ve done much better while still feeling very aespa

Flower by who? I don’t recall some huge smash except Miley 

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, Panda17 said:

I love how this song had an absurd skyrocket to Top 10 and the SECOND it reaches Top 10 it stabilizes. Sorry but it seems so fraudulent. 

• Like 4

I don't know how TWS got into top 10 so quick, but why can't HYBE payola TXT the same way? or other labels... I can name a few groups that would love this :gaycat2:

Idk TWS’s charts trajectory is weird but Boy next door flopped so idk.You can’t really prove sajeagi:clack: 

• Haha 1

NINGNING confirmed to attend Milan Fashion Week as Versace's global brand ambassador :clap3:

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

I don't know how TWS got into top 10 so quick, but why can't HYBE payola TXT the same way? or other labels... I can name a few groups that would love this :gaycat2:

Enhypen haven't even entered the top 100 in their entire career :skull:

Korea really skipped a whole generation of BG just for acknowledging only the 5th gen BG :bibliahh:

• Like 4

Tws music is not it but I think their chart is organic I mean Bombnextdoor released similar music but miles better and they bombed just like that :penguin:

2 minutes ago, FACT said:

Bombnextdoor released similar music but miles better

confused-bratz-hardchun.gif

• Haha 1

I can't believe 5th gen is really killing it, we don't deserve them

:jonny5:

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

I love how this song had an absurd skyrocket to Top 10 and the SECOND it reaches Top 10 it stabilizes. Sorry but it seems so fraudulent. 

Charts are dead so it’s easier to reach higher peak right now.

So far #34 (+71) on this week’s Circle Digital Chart, for YouTube SK, #15 on daily top songs on shorts and still not top 10 for both top mv and top song charts. Apparently the song is viral among students but it’s still hasn’t translated on YouTube. Maybe next week? 

2 minutes ago, Inspirit said:

I can't believe 5th gen is really killing it, we don't deserve them

:jonny5:

The lack of charisma and star power from these news HYBE BG :rip:

Edited by Adama

Drama would be a bad choice for English single. The lyrics would probably be cringe too knowing SM. 

Thirsty English version would have been better

Thirsty is so generic and not memorable. Like it’s a good b side but that’s it :coffee2:!

Now this what AESPA should promote in the US instead of that boring song, Life to short or whatever… 

Edited by Adama

Suddenly remembered this Korean MUA randomly releasing a bop for a MAC collab :jamming:

My coworkers at lunch reaction to me jamming out to Spicy with my AirPods on

spacer.png

Don't stop, 겁내지 마 (hey), 뱅뱅, 외쳐봐
I'm too spicy, yeah, I'm too spicy:party:

• Haha 1

Honestly I thought that Riize's chart performance was fake (Kakao/SM) but seems like I was wrong, so.... Time is the ultimate truth teller.

3 hours ago, Zack said:

NINGNING confirmed to attend Milan Fashion Week as Versace's global brand ambassador :clap3:

Girlie is also rumour to attend MET gala. The implications that has :clap3:

• Like 2

I don’t follow every step of Itzy but this title track of theirs was the first one that I really liked after Wannabe tbh. 

although I do think it would be difficult for Lia if she was here, the choreo is so sharp and quick. They really are insane dancers, like do you see the precision in each step? 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.