K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

3 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

and the point is you compare nj with svt which already sold 3m albums in japan plus multiple dorm tour with a group is not even 2 years old first time have their single in japan. 

like compare bts to the rest of kpop and call every group flop.

nj debut with 300k in kr end up with 1.6m. it takes time to build their name.

I didn't compare them. Since they published it the same week in Japan, I put the results in the same post. Daily sales of NewJeans were already around 4-5K. Their result after 4 days of tracking is 38K. If they had not added an extra promotion to the last days, it would have been difficult for them to reach 100K anyway, even if they have 7 tracking days.

• Replies 52k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

Yg replacing that tired MV director as soon as BP are out, I hate this rat....:khalyan2:

TWICE, Red Velvet & BLACKPINK's careers feel kinda "complete" now tbh especially with twice and rv with the amount of releases they have. they've all done and achieved everything and more

BLACKPINK still needs 1 more final full album with 10 songs no skips though but yeah 

or is kpop just not the same as before even though stats wise the 4th gen achieved everything faster than the other gen? idk

This HyunA performance is sending me

The song is already cut down to just 1 minute and yet she didn't sing a single part of it. She is not even opening her mouth to lip the words until half way through the song

And yet she was holding a microphone the whole time :dies:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joseline said:

I didn't compare them. Since they published it the same week in Japan, I put the results in the same post. Daily sales of NewJeans were already around 4-5K. Their result after 4 days of tracking is 38K. If they had not added an extra promotion to the last days, it would have been difficult for them to reach 100K anyway, even if they have 7 tracking days.

you call them flop. flop compare to whom?

Let me post this talented cutie on the 2000th page

:clack:

GQyylp_XsAEiu4u?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by TheCal
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sm is just not what it once was 2.5 years ago

sMuUGhI.png

16 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

and the point is you compare nj with svt which already sold 3m albums in japan plus multiple dorm tour with a group is not even 2 years old first time have their single in japan. 

like compare bts to the rest of kpop and call every group flop.

nj debut with 300k in kr end up with 1.6m. it takes time to build their name.

why are you gagging about Newjeans vs. Seventeen when NewJeans is being outsold 10 to 1 by an 8 month old temporary group from a borderline nugu agency

NewJeans first week: 36k

Zerobaseone first week: 400k

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

you call them flop. flop compare to whom?

I said their single flopped in Japan. After all, although a single was aimed at Japan, it was not Japan-focused, the single was not even in Japanese, and this was reflected in the sales in the target country. Period.

depressed-desparate.gif

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

why are you gagging about Newjeans vs. Seventeen when NewJeans is being outsold 10 to 1 by an 8 month old temporary group from a borderline nugu agency

NewJeans first week: 36k

Zerobaseone first week: 400k

spacer.png

wakeone has been promoting produce group in japan since 2018. their whole purpose since izone was to sell in japan. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Joseline said:

I said their single flopped in Japan. After all, although a single was aimed at Japan, it was not Japan-focused, the single was not even in Japanese, and this was reflected in the sales in the target country. Period.

again flop compared to what? plenty of japanese single are not in japanese. its not the reason for the sales. period. how is that not japan focus when they promote everywhere in japan, having concert literally today.

Edited by 1qazx

1 minute ago, 1qazx said:

wakeone has been promoting produce group in japan since 2018. their whole purpose since izone was to sell in japan. 

What does izone have to do with anything

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Uh why no one share this? 

Earlier on June 24, a post was made online featuring a photo of a knife—which appears to have been copied from an online marketplace—along with the title, "I bought this to use if NewJeans holds a concert." In the post, the user threatened to use the knife against the members as they get out of their van.

The following day on June 25, a source from ADOR stated, "Currently, we are preparing enhanced safety measures with the Japanese concert planning company. At the same time in Korea, the police are investigating, and we are actively participating in the investigation." They continued, "We are making every effort to ensure that the artists can participate in scheduled activities safely."

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

What does izone have to do with anything

spacer.png

they gave wakeone the connection in japan. every group after that has been japan focus, wake one completely ignore the west and the rest of asia. 

Edited by 1qazx

The little jeansters suddenly acting like WakeOne has more pull than *thee* Hybe machine

spacer.png

again flop compared to what? plenty of japanese single are not in japanese. its not the reason for the sales. period. how is that not japan focus when they promote everywhere in japan, having concert literally today.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jmtt1i04rgdz01pae3v

they gave wakeone the connection in japan. every group after that has been japan focus, wake one completely ignore the west and the rest of asia. 

More connections than HYBE? The agency with a whole operations arm and separate label dedicated just to the Japanese market?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Awww congrats!

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

The little jeansters suddenly acting like WakeOne has more pull than *thee* Hybe machine

spacer.png

even lsrf with sakura has been active in japan since 12 dont even sell half of zerobaseone. what pull does hybe have?

2 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

even lsrf with sakura has been active in japan since 12 dont even sell half of zerobaseone. what pull does hybe have?

don't try to deflect to Sakura now sweatie

spacer.png

Just now, Save-Me-Oprah said:

don't try to deflect to Sakura now sweatie

spacer.png

that nugu bg sell 2m albums at debut plus 100k in japan. you underestimate the power of survival show. not even txt, ehp selling that amount now. 

18 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

TWICE, Red Velvet & BLACKPINK's careers feel kinda "complete" now tbh especially with twice and rv with the amount of releases they have. they've all done and achieved everything and more

BLACKPINK still needs 1 more final full album with 10 songs no skips though but yeah 

or is kpop just not the same as before even though stats wise the 4th gen achieved everything faster than the other gen? idk

I disagree when it comes to BLACKPINK. TWICE has continued a downward spiral, RV is stagnant. I wouldn't say they're declining, but they're not reaching any new peaks

whereas BLACKPINK continues to rise with every release. The "Born Pink" album has yet to be outsold by any girl group since 2022. Their tour just became the biggest for an Asian act and girl group in history. They shouldn't be included in some of these conversations

they've reached a status far beyond your every day, run of the mill kpop girl group and ain't done yet.

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Mel. said:

I disagree when it comes to BLACKPINK. TWICE has continued a downward spiral, RV is stagnant. I wouldn't say they're declining, but they're not reaching any new peaks

whereas BLACKPINK continues to rise with every release. The "Born Pink" album has yet to be outsold by any girl group since 2022. Their tour just became the biggest for an Asian act and girl group in history. They shouldn't be included in some of these conversations

they've reached a status far beyond your every day, run of the mill kpop girl group and ain't done yet.

yeah obviously every blackpink releases get bigger and bigger each time that's why I said maybe 1 more full album for the pinks

twice and rv releases, especially with twice, dont make sense anymore since the music is just not it. I guess sometimes its okay to go out on a high note than keep releasing music nobody cares or listens to anymore and just keep bloating your discography with nonsense songs. red velvet still releases good music though

• Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

yeah obviously every blackpink releases get bigger and bigger each time that's why I said maybe 1 more full album for the pinks

twice and rv releases, especially with twice, dont make sense anymore since the music is just not it. I guess sometimes its okay to go out on a high note than keep releasing music nobody cares or listens to anymore and just keep bloating your discography with nonsense songs. red velvet still releases good music though

Ntm on Twice now when they've just given us this gem!

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.