K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

4 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It's smashed harder than almost every Japanese single this year by a huge margin, sis. It's at 710k on Hanteo which won't reflect on BB Japan nor Oricon, but puts it in the top 10 year-end for biggest Japanese singles already.

Since Hanteo results will not be reflected in any year end charts in Japan, achievements in Hanteo only concern Korean charts. So, the Japanese single flopped in Japan. Period.

• Replies 52k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

17 minutes ago, Joseline said:

Oh... Seems like Japanese single flopped in Japan. 

On Oricon they end up 4th place

NewJeans-Japanese-debut-single-on-the-Or

Unit doing good even in Japan

Pleasantly surprised at IS:SUE smashing like that :clap3:

I'm so happy for Nayoung! I still can't believe HYBE never debuted her, when she literally should be the best 4th gen vocalist alongside Lily and was the best singer of HYBE  :ace:

• Like 1

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Joseline said:

Oh... Seems like Japanese single flopped in Japan. 

On Oricon they end up 4th place

NewJeans-Japanese-debut-single-on-the-Or

Unit doing good even in Japan

jw released on monday 17th. nj released on friday 21st

Just now, 1qazx said:

jw released on monday 17th. nj released on friday 21st

It didn't matter much, after all, the most sales on Oricon are always made in the first 3 days. When K-pop groups release at random times, they usually sell the most on first day and then sank on the charts. If there is no high sales tomorrow, which is usually Oricon's highest sales day on Tuesday, I don't think the result will change much. But if NewJeans continues their promotions, I think they can reach 100K by the end of the year.

1 minute ago, Joseline said:

It didn't matter much, after all, the most sales on Oricon are always made in the first 3 days. When K-pop groups release at random times, they usually sell the most on first day and then sank on the charts. If there is no high sales tomorrow, which is usually Oricon's highest sales day on Tuesday, I don't think the result will change much. But if NewJeans continues their promotions, I think they can reach 100K by the end of the year.

still jw has 7 days of tracking while nj has 3 days. and svt is super popular in japan and nj just debut.

1 minute ago, 1qazx said:

still jw has 7 days of tracking while nj has 3 days. and svt is super popular in japan and nj just debut.

Please read again what I said.

• Haha 1

OMG WHAT IS THIS? A PHOTOBOOK???

GQ7aC2IWQAAuS6g?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Joseline said:

Please read again what I said.

zerobase one sold 187,694 first day, 302,315 1st week. lsrf sold 132,621 first day, 222,286 1st week. so 3 days is not the most sales

4 minutes ago, Joseline said:

OMG WHAT IS THIS? A PHOTOBOOK???

GQ7aC2IWQAAuS6g?format=jpg&name=medium

this man has gone full wh*re and I could not be more in support :swing:

1 minute ago, 1qazx said:

zerobase one sold 187,694 first day, 302,315 1st week. lsrf sold 132,621 first day, 222,286 1st week. so 3 days is not the most sales

If you share the sales results spread over the whole week, you can see the difference in the first three days. As someone who has been following Oricon for years, I can tell you that unless there are handshake events or anything additional added to the last days, it is not possible for a single or album to sell more in the last days than in the first days.

that's crazy

spacer.png

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Joseline said:

If you share the sales results spread over the whole week, you can see the difference in the first three days. As someone who has been following Oricon for years, I can tell you that unless there are handshake events or anything additional added to the last days, it is not possible for a single or album to sell more in the last days than in the first days.

Edited by 1qazx

July 3 can't come enough 

Just now, 1qazx said:

As you can see, only one day there is a jump in sales and the reason is probably because something is being done as a promotion those days. Kpop groups do this all the time. After all, as I said, if New Jeans' sales do not increase tomorrow on Oricon's best-selling day, I don't think it will happen later.

1 hour ago, rapperjennie said:

YG is clearly desperate for income with BLACKPINK gone, 0 endorsements or solo money flowing either

a 2NE1 comeback would be great, but under YG? absolutely not after how it ended

We don't know what the meeting with YG entails, we should just wait and see. I mean tho YG should've never disbanded them to begin with, so if they can renegotiate a great contract, more power to them. They could also be meeting YG to get their trademark rights

whatever the case I'm just happy my girls are coming back

Since we're talking about japanese debut and all. 

Thee holy bible for kpop girl goup debut in Japan

Those yellow taxi drivers outfits should be in a museum 

CDN media

Edited by Odette Violet

9 minutes ago, Joseline said:

As you can see, only one day there is a jump in sales and the reason is probably because something is being done as a promotion those days. Kpop groups do this all the time. After all, as I said, if New Jeans' sales do not increase tomorrow on Oricon's best-selling day, I don't think it will happen later.

and the point is you compare nj with svt which already sold 3m albums in japan plus multiple dorm tour with a group is not even 2 years old first time have their single in japan. 

like compare bts to the rest of kpop and call every group flop.

nj debut with 300k in kr end up with 1.6m. it takes time to build their name.

Edited by 1qazx

All good visuals, so I'm expecting the same for BABYMONSTER :clap3:

Happy Page 2000!

Let's celebrate with this CLASSIC released in 2000 :clap3:

• Like 3

HAPPY 2000 PAGES with the defining Girl Group of 2000's

CDN media

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 2

When Pharita, Rami & Chiquita join the rapline, then what. Ugh…the potential BABYMONSTER have yet to unleash in insane! This is what an all-rounder group looks like

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.