K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

I wonder if 2NE1 can just get the name from YG and go to Teddy for their come back. 

I don't think YHS will allow it or if Teddy has time given that he is busy with his GG. 

A come back from them would be so good but I don't want to see YHS face all over it. 

I just know he will do a video announcing the whole thing, kinda like he does with BM. 

• Replies 52k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

oop

5 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

oop

BLACKPINK as the global girl group >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

other gg can compete for the local title "nation's girl group"

3 minutes ago, supertiffany said:

BLACKPINK as the global girl group >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

other gg can compete for the local title "nation's girl group"

SNSD is the one and only nation's girl group

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

I don't really think the scandals affected that much those groups and their standing with casual kpop listeners. Perhaps when it comes to HYBE groups, the sense of comradery between fandoms will be the only long lasting effect. 

I'm interested to see how things will play out for ILLIT and Le Sserafim in their next come backs. I do wonder if their teams will try something different given everything that happened. 

I wrote here that I thought Newjeans would lose international support and the controversy would affect their growth because it was clear to me. MHJ was never liked internationally so the association with HYBE helped Newjeans to captivate an audience that would never support a full MHJ group. At the moment, Newjean's success is MHJ's success and the international fans won't let her have the last laugh. Especially Armies which a part of them were always supportive of Newjeans. That's a fact. 

Newjeans comebacks are happening during and after the scandal. Everything is still extremely fresh. To me them being able to sell over 1M copies and pull off nearly 2M streams was in fact a surprise. I think their comeback at the end of the year will show the real scenario especially if new eps of that drama stop coming out and the songs have more mass appeal.

I think Illit will have massive support internationally but when it comes to Korea I'm not sure. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

You are telling me you don't know Gidle ? :tornado:

:khalyan2:

I know of that name but that's about it.

:khalyan:

the cake girls are PISSED :deadbanana4:

the guests especially kim jaewon so hot!

en

• Like 3

which kpop boy looks like him

• Like 2

4 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

oh this BOPPPPPP @Gorjesspazze9 :jonny5::jonny5:

Why do her bangers not become Massive Smash hits anymore?:hawkeye:

I blame SM for lack of promo.

Girls' Generation is the only Nations Girl Group. Yall faves can fight over made up titles by random western Stan's. :hippo:

• Like 2

:jonnycat:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrisPop said:

We need the og international gg back. Where are they?

I still don't know what JYP is doing with this group. But I actually like this song now after the constant TikTok spams my algorithm was forcing down my throat last month. 

local stans wish to have the global achievements Blackpink has cant blame the others for being pressed and bitter. 

3 hours ago, Rainy Devil said:

So are you telling me that casual listeners, as you all claimed last year, stopped streaming NewJeans new music because of the HYBE thing?

You really think the average people cared to the extent of not streaming their new music?

If people were truly turned off by the whole scandal, then why ILLIT was not affected in KR or in the global charts?

The public was more in favor of MHJ in KR but we still see the ILLIT song having longevity over there. 

cupid chart great on spotify didnt make them bigger than nj. illit is as faceless as 5050.

Watch the rest of kpop copy mhj next japanese come back, release kr version of japanese singles. There were plenty of groups release every mv for songs of the album but mhj is the first one successful promote every song of the album. After nj debut litterally every group try to make 2nd single, 3rd single happen

Edited by 1qazx

22 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I still don't know what JYP is doing with this group. But I actually like this song now after the constant TikTok spams my algorithm was forcing down my throat last month. 

The big problem of JYP with their GG is trying so hard for hits when they should build big fanbases. 

Like Twice is the main example, they have the fanbase to be one of the biggest touring force, even competing with Boy groups.

Like they should aim the same for Vcha.

• Like 1

The flops kinda snapped that one time :katie2:

14 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

cupid chart great on spotify didnt make them bigger than nj. illit is as faceless as 5050.

Watch the rest of kpop copy mhj next japanese come back, release kr version of japanese singles. There were plenty of groups release every mv for songs of the album but mhj is the first one successful promote every song of the album. After nj debut litterally every group try to make 2nd single, 3rd single happen

:bibliahh:

I'm sorry but 2nd ~3rd singles off one album have been a thing way before the New Jennies girlies were even born lol, it's just that not everyone could pull it off so people stopped doing it specially in 3rd gen lol, and considering album sales in gen 2 were very very low, promoting a new single was expensive unless the song basically startes smashing on its own or you were a very big group. 

Also, korean version of japanese/chinese releases have been a thing for a while, you guys literally think Min Heejin invented everything when she can't make New Jeans have a song that doesn't sound literally the same every single time:rip:

• Like 2

Daily reminder SNSD has global and domestic appeal for longer then some groups been active:allears: not everyone has that 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Xalric said:

The big problem of JYP with their GG is trying so hard for hits when they should build big fanbases. 

Like Twice is the main example, they have the fanbase to be one of the biggest touring force, even competing with Boy groups.

Like they should aim the same for Vcha.

The thing is you can't build a fan base off a mediocre sound like Vcha's so far, you either release quality or release niche noisy music like SK or FlopMixx. Vcha is releasing the most basic girl group music ever, like not even Little Mix would dare to release those kind of songs.

• Haha 1

Mark taste :allears:

Also give a stream to this one  :heart:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MusicFan98 said:

:bibliahh:

I'm sorry but 2nd ~3rd singles off one album have been a thing way before the New Jennies girlies were even born lol, it's just that not everyone could pull it off so people stopped doing it specially in 3rd gen lol, and considering album sales in gen 2 were very very low, promoting a new single was expensive unless the song basically startes smashing on its own or you were a very big group. 

Also, korean version of japanese/chinese releases have been a thing for a while, you guys literally think Min Heejin invented everything when she can't make New Jeans have a song that doesn't sound literally the same every single time:rip:

no one said nj was the first one do it but they are the first one in very long time successful with it. name any other album that release kr version at the same time with japanese. mhj doesnt invent thing but she makes things used to be popular popular again. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, 1qazx said:

There are groups who have release a korean version of a japanese single before. One example I can think of is SNSD with Mr. Taxi.

As for promoting every song of an album has already happened too. We saw 2NE1 with their 2nd mini do that, in which all the songs received a video and became top 10 hits. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Daily reminder SNSD has global and domestic appeal for longer then some groups been active:allears: not everyone has that 

**** SM. we really that World Tour 

The fact they occupied half of the highest grossing girl groups concerts of all time without even touring huge stadiums or outside of Asia, they were that INSANE :clap3:

Their brand recognition 17 years in is still going strong :clap3:

Edited by Odette Violet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

There are groups who have release a korean version of a japanese single before. One example I can think of is SNSD with Mr. Taxi.

As for promoting every song of an album has already happened too. We saw 2NE1 with their 2nd mini do that, in which all the songs received a video and became top 10 hits. 

all of those are 2nd gen which was 10 years ago.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.