• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

K-netz are boring, GI-DLE are coming for blood, they always do :johnald:

2 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Let's not pretend there are more than 2-3 groups in the "5th generation". She couldn't have mentioned anyone else even if she wanted :cm:

will y'all just let me have this win? FUCK!

talktothehand.gif

58 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Chanyeol being the most powerful EXO on instagram, we love him

image0.gif?ex=65b5b367&is=65a33e67&hm=9a

Do we!?

The way he was my favorite member...

4 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

will y'all just let me have this win? FUCK!

talktothehand.gif

Ok.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Xalric said:

Do we!?

The way he was my favorite member...

Of course we do, he's cute and talented

IMG-0013.gif

• Like 1

Reminder that Exo's Korean fanbase cancelled Chanyeol for "cheating" while simultaneously cancelling Chen for having a wife & kids

so unserious

talktothehand.gif

Fe304: Break ranking:

Dash > Boom > Sonar > Run For Roses > Passionfruit > XOXO > Break The Wall

every song is 10/10 and probably my favorite release from hitmixx yet 

Sonar STILL bops

tia-sister.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Ok.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

giphy.gif

Does anyone get the feeling that two JYP gi4l groups can't be successful at the same time?

Anytime one JYP girl group starts to dip, the next one takes over. In 2019 Twice dipped, Itzy was a hit, in 2022 Itzy dipped, Nmixx draws major attention, in 2015 Miss A basically disbanded and Twice took over, in 2010 Miss A started with a high running start and Wonder girls was never the same.

JYP can't handle two successful girl groups at the same time, it seems. For whatever reason, only one can be successful or none can be successful, no in betweens.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

Does anyone get the feeling that two JYP gi4l groups can't be successful at the same time?

Anytime one JYP girl group starts to dip, the next one takes over. In 2019 Twice dipped, Itzy was a hit, in 2022 Itzy dipped, Nmixx draws major attention, in 2015 Miss A basically disbanded and Twice took over, in 2010 Miss A started with a high running start and Wonder girls was never the same.

JYP can't handle two successful girl groups at the same time, it seems. For whatever reason, only one can be successful or none can be successful, no in betweens.

Right, Vcha are about to wash everybody! Watch! Oh :stare:

56 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

K-netz are boring, GI-DLE are coming for blood, they always do :johnald:

What’s koriyans’ problem with grown women slaying with their looks 

spacer.png

Aespa needs to give us something like this.

35 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Right, Vcha are about to wash everybody! Watch! Oh :stare:

I don't think they count. They aren't competing in the same market are they?

hen it became obvious Taeyeon would be a legendary idol with a 20+ year career :jonny:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, youresotoxic said:

GD5FiP-aUAAQaYe?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FiPWbQAEostE?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FmUlakAA3wVW?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FmUmaEAAz1JG?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FpWebsAAYNVN?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FpWeasAAjPgp?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FsDMboAAPJqC?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FsDPa0AALCSn?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FugGbQAAYezd?format=jpg&name=largeGD5FugKbsAAoH4F?format=jpg&name=largeGD5Fw2JbIAArJma?format=jpg&name=large

This has got to be my favorite concept photos ever omfg 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CandyCoatedClouds said:

I don't think they count. They aren't competing in the same market are they?

I've read that before, I'm not sure why they should be excluded from Kpop conversations when they are Kpop trainees. I don't think the line some people want to draw between "Kpop groups" and "Kpop adjacent groups" has a lot of merit when all idols are under the same agency, undergoing the same training and reaching out to the same audience in a world where almost every artist is promoting internationally.

If a "global group" really does break away from the Kpop formula and ecosystem, then maybe there is some room for discussion, that has yet to happen. The only tangible difference between a group like Katseye and a group like Newjeans is, Newjeans got better schooling and speak more languages :deadbanana2: If anything, speaking more languages give Newjeans and other groups the edge when it comes to reaching out to a global audience. Who is the global group now? :gaycat5:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

This has got to be my favorite concept photos ever omfg 

Soyeon outdoing entire creative teams from the big 4 on her own needs to be studied. GI-DLE concept queens :gaycatina1:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I've read that before, I'm not sure why they should be excluded from Kpop conversations when they are Kpop trainees. I don't think the line some people want to draw between "Kpop groups" and "Kpop adjacent groups" has a lot of merit when all idols are under the same agency, undergoing the same training and reaching out to the same audience in a world where almost every artist is promoting internationally.

If a "global group" really does break away from the Kpop formula and ecosystem, then maybe there is some room for discussion, that has yet to happen. The only tangible difference between a group like Katseye and a group like Newjeans is, Newjeans got better schooling and speak more languages :deadbanana2: If anything, speaking more languages give Newjeans and other groups the edge when it comes to reaching out to a global audience. Who is the global group now? :gaycat5:

I thought the point of these kpop adjacent groups were supposed to be more international with foreign non Asian members and function like a regular western gril group? Is that not what they do?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.