K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

the fact that we STILL get ASSEMBLE24 and DALL :jonnycat: Kpop is so inchresting this year :lakitu:

• Like 2

• Replies 52k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

they deserve their flowers for inventing nj and illit!!!! 
:clack: 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, godmess said:

why are people saying MHJ is the reason youngseo got kicked from illit... How does that make sense if she was protecting nj from comparison. :biblionny:

The only real theory and connection that people are working off of is the fact that Youngseo was an ADOR trainee under MHJ, and was in the running to be in NewJeans before being transferred to BeLift and competing to be in ILLIT

Which means MHJ had access to Youngseo's personal information and potentially was involved in a "scandal" uncovering that got her kicked out right before ILLIT's debut, to damage the group

:eatpopcorn:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

Min Hee Jin is going to jail  :giraffe:

You can take her out of SM, But she still kept the SM way...

Just now, kendoll2001 said:

The only real theory and connection that people are working off of is the fact that Youngseo was an ADOR trainee under MHJ, and was in the running to be in NewJeans before being transferred to BeLift and competing to be in ILLIT

Which means MHJ had access to Youngseo's personal information and potentially was involved in a "scandal" uncovering that got her kicked out right before ILLIT's debut, to damage the group

:eatpopcorn:

:dancehall3:

Poor illit creative director nnnn serian heu what's good??

10 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

Yeah, it's not so much about HYBE copying her, but the fact that HYBE are copying AND OUTDOING her. She was probably blindsided with ILLIT being this successful and breaking her own group's records 

Illit has one trendy song. NJ was a cultural reset. Illit are doing ok but let's not rewrite history. s:wan:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

ok but we need to be real here.. as much as we all love NJ1 and how monumental it was, MHJ is kinda out of ideas. NJ1 was a debut passion project that took MHJ years to conceptualize, but now that they've already debuted she doesn't have the time or space to explore creatively on that level anymore because business. super shy was a clear decline, producing only 1 smash when NJ1 spawned 4. also, super shy's y2k visuals were extremely kitschy and lacked tasteful execution. the packaging was absolutely terrible compared to their first mini. MHJ's moodboard is running dry, i fear, but no one is saying it.

bangsihyuk probably sensed this and is fine with kicking her out, though it's still messed up to just take what she's built for a quick buck. she's probably insecure that she can't keep pushing newjeans into new territory to compete with ILLIT because let's face it... she is out of ideas.

there are a lot of other reasons, but this is a partial answer

interesting take hm 

18 minutes ago, Pluto6 said:

Yeah, it's not so much about HYBE copying her, but the fact that HYBE are copying AND OUTDOING her. She was probably blindsided with ILLIT being this successful and breaking her own group's records 

are you high?

• Confused 1

anyway what's this about Min Heehee Jin going to prison?

gretchen-giggle.gif

1 minute ago, getinthezone said:

are you high?

Are you gay?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just saw it on the top of Twitter feed :weeps:

Welp it's a wrap for NewJeans It's suck since we won't see her creation again (possibly but hope not) I understand that she want to own her company but this move was made too soon She should have waited for a bit This is heart breaking in a fictional reading way I had a feeling since the start that they didn't like that her company did so well At least SM can steal her back now just in time for their pushed-back new gg 

But I rather see her again with her own nugu company start from 0 

Just now, Pluto6 said:

Are you gay?

maybe

1 hour ago, illia said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528jiyygwc89584ds02i

This is why we love our mother She makes kpop fun and messy again The drama yes miss we love our drama QUEEN No one is doing it quite like her She is the one and only mother Heejin No one ever can serve what she just served The rebellion is glorious She should run for South Korean prime minister 
spacer.png

Edited by FACT
  • Haha 2

I don't think HYBE understands the consequences of ousting MHJ. ADOR was basically staffed by her own choices and everyone there probably feels loyalty to her. If she's removed, they'll probably all leave too. :rip:

Edited by Rhyme
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, playboi said:

-overworked and underpaid in SM

-copied and sabotaged in HYBE

Giám đốc thương hiệu HYBE tiết lộ lý do rời SM Entertainment

this woman can't catch a break  

Its true it's true It's safer her to go to Kakao after this and do it like BEP

spacer.png

NCT charting thanks to Taeyeon!

4 hours ago, Aniston's Boobs said:

rip

FNC can go to hell omfg I hate it here

spacer.png

Bang PD bite off more than he can chew :deadbanana2: He thought he could just copy MHJ's homework and she wouldn't notice. Oh it's bad for Hybe. 

spacer.png

Im going down with my mother Heejin I don't give a flying fuq That's my mother She can do it again Third time is the fuqing massive charm She did it before she can fuqing do it again A new start I believe in her 

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

ok but we need to be real here.. as much as we all love NJ1 and how monumental it was, MHJ is kinda out of ideas. NJ1 was a debut passion project that took MHJ years to conceptualize, but now that they've already debuted she doesn't have the time or space to explore creatively on that level anymore because business. super shy was a clear decline, producing only 1 smash when NJ1 spawned 4. also, super shy's y2k visuals were extremely kitschy and lacked tasteful execution. the packaging was absolutely terrible compared to their first mini. MHJ's moodboard is running dry, i fear, but no one is saying it.

bangsihyuk probably sensed this and is fine with kicking her out, though it's still messed up to just take what she's built for a quick buck. she's probably insecure that she can't keep pushing newjeans into new territory to compete with ILLIT because let's face it... she is out of ideas.

there are a lot of other reasons, but this is a partial answer

I disagree, Cool With You's MV felt more researched than anything out of their debut/winter era and showed a whole other (darker) side from the group, It's also cool that she got Erika De Casier to do the music, I'm sure she had other indie names in mind for their future eras. 

Weren't there rumors that she was gonna book Euphoria's cinematographer for their next era?

The only thing that was disappointing is the amount of promo/commercial/OST songs, I wish she had kept their discography clean but oh well.. 

4 minutes ago, thirdward said:

interesting take hm 

this is how passionate artists work. they dont want to work under the scope of business requirements (like how jaden jeong couldnt stop LOONA from devolving into a regular gg attending varieties etc. when he wanted a "secret group"), so when push came to shove, bang PD just made his own newjeans because he couldn't get MHJ to get NJ to churn out material like he's doing with Lesserafim. she's very precious with what she's built and a perfectionist at that since this is her first group she's built from the ground up, but it really feels like she's out of ideas too. where is the newjeans concept going from here? are they going to keep doing the baby concept 5 years from now?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Xtina x Gaga

2NE1 x BLACKPINK

newjeans x ILLIT

spacer.png

Edited by MonsterNavy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.