K-Pop Thread: Lisa channels her inner ROCKSTAR, serves MPG

Ryan

Ive never watched a Lesserafim concert in person so idk if they usually sing live there. Do they? 
judging by today's performance, they probably don't right?

i mean I've been to Blackpink, Twice and GIDLE's concerts among the kpop ggs, and their mics are always on and majority of the members do justice on their parts when it comes to live vocals. I wasn't expecting complete stability in Lesserafim's vocals during this stage because their choreos are pretty intense, but I was at least hoping they would do their parts justice by focusing on and highlighting the key inflections and  projections in their songs. Only Chaewon seemed to know what she was doing in that regard. Yunjin is the best vocalist technically in the group, but she didn't seem to have that idea tbh. I mean this is nothing that some live vocal training couldn't fix. 
The real problem is that HYBE thought it was a good idea to send them like this, and without some backtrack as a failsafe mechanism. 

Edited by Witnessed ET

• Replies 52k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

the way they will get SHREDDED by Knets

3 hours ago, DelRey said:

What went wrong with them? The song was a bop :'(

Ryan Jhun didn't want to end up collapsing in a studio like Shinsadong Tiger.

:cm:

2 hours ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

BTS V, Jung Hoyeon, Tony Leung, Shin Woo-seok, IU, Bibi, Go Minsi, Akmu, Yoasobi, Rina Sawayama, Hiroshi Fujiwara, Takashi Murakami... are all friends of the house. :celestial2: I think we can expect to see more of them in the future in the "NJ universe" MHJ is creating.

MHJ quick to not let her girls get gaslighted about performing for the military like Weeekly.

1 hour ago, romiskes said:

Sakura is a big surprise for me vocal and stage presence-wise, she's doing better than Kazuha and Eunchae.

She's had enough time to work hard.

1 hour ago, New Edition said:

Was it Hybe or JYP that killed vocals in Kpop?

Because vocals have never been a thing in Kpop but I feel like ever since Twice and BTS made it big all the monkey-see-monkey-do companies just decided to go all in on throwing away vocal training (except a couple like SM) and just focusing on aesthetics.

Bighybe via their proxy Source Music with their trendsetting Gfriend choreo that even made groups like Red Velvet pre-record just to keep up in the oxygen sucking dance-aerobics arms race for attention.

So, if you're just using vocal tracks when performing, the logical next step...

40 minutes ago, futurenostalgic said:

i would like if a kpop act (esp if they're in the sahara tent) to REALLY lean into the EDM of it all, in the presentation and audio. like come on it's soooo obvious. just go for it and use every corner of that tent and make it a party. they dont have to use the band alllll the time. adding some backing track flourishes could make some songs pop more. like wake me up when a kpop act brings a DJ/their producer on stage with them. it's just way more on brand for some groups

Or just have the 2nd gen kpop acts get together and do a festival tour.

39 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

also the leather outfits in that hot weather was a choice :rip:

Check your weather app.

Edited by harrythevifan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not seeing much noise about Lesserafim in non Kpop hubs.
If Kpop wants to break through in the US, their acts need to be able to create some buzz with the locals. Irrespectively of how well all groups are doing on stage (SKZ, Ateez, TXT, NJ, LSRM...) I think only Blackpink made a bit of noise at those festivals so far, and even then, the engagement was likely more driven by fans than non fans.
Kpop has a long way to go in the west.

Just now, MonsterNavy said:

what the hell

I swear they didnt sound like that while I was watching :deadbanana2: never noticed that it was this bad :deadbanana:

You missed it like most normal people who didn't go into a festival performance playing vocal coach - replaying, clipping and sharing voice cracks and low moments from a 45 minute set. For Coachella it was fine, you could find way more voice cracks from Gwen Stefani/No Doubt earlier but no one would gaf, we would agree she still had the best performance of the night. 

8 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

If Kpop wants to break through in the US, their acts need to be able to create some buzz with the locals. Irrespectively of how well all groups are doing on stage (SKZ, Ateez, TXT, NJ, LSRM...) I think only Blackpink made a bit of noise at those festivals so far, and even then, the engagement was likely more driven by fans than non fans.

Kpop has already cemented itself as a nerd/weaboo thing at least in the US. It won't ever fully break through with locals, just like anime.

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

MHJ quick to not let her girls get gaslighted about performing for the military like Weeekly.

Is performing in front of the military a low point in someone's career? :celestial5:

NJ don't even promote on variety shows, the military is far away. :cm:

Just now, Sheep said:

Kpop has already cemented itself as a nerd/weaboo thing at least in the US. 

:rip:

The way sakura only improves when haters bully her :ghostface: A win is a win 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

I agree - also locals are kinda desensitized to the novelty of Kpop in 2024 so the fact that another new Kpop group is performing won't catch their interest like it did a few years ago. Especially if they don't already have an established, well known presence or hit songs. But I'd say it goes a long way for exposure to high profile industry/influencer folks. Just to get their name and maybe a few songs out there, in their heads. 

all the vocal fails I've seen have been from everyone but Sakura :rip: she said you're not catching me messing up on that stage

rapperjennie

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

that's what happened when you make a group so choreo heavy with minimal vocal talent to begin with

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

:rip:

It has though. :deadbanana4:

Everybody under like 25 knows/is aware of NJ's entire discography but they won't rush to stream or buy albums because they aren't weebs. :foxaylove2:

They can still obviously cultivate a larger base but they won't ever see true full mainstream acceptance, none of our kpop favs will.

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Is performing in front of the military a low point in someone's career? :celestial5:

NJ don't even promote on variety shows, the military is far away. :cm:

It's not about that, it's about equipping the girls with the tools they need to handle whenever they happen across one of their own problematic fans.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I blame BTS for all the bad vocals in hybe

those ugly talentless 7winks truly are the real enemy here

are you describing LSRF or BTS? does look like you are describing both of them :heart:

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

48 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I blame BTS for all the bad vocals in hybe

those ugly talentless 7winks truly are the real enemy here

get help, seriously

25y+ and daily/weekly ranting about the same group is pathetic

• Like 5

i didn't expect kazuha to do worse than sakura vocally :bibliahh: but wrdgaf, the set was amazing imo, hit after hit :WAP:

9 minutes ago, Zuko said:

get help, seriously

cry harder i'll be "pathetic" even my 30s :tongue:

Edited by MonsterNavy
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, MonsterNavy said:

cry harder i'll be "pathetic" even my 30s :tongue:

if you want to make hating a kpop group on some online forum your whole personality till into your 30s

you're just embarassing yourself

• Like 3

don't ARMYS in their 10s/20s/30s/40s/50s all the way till 90s or whatever, hate on every single kpop group on a daily basis? :rip:

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Zuko said:

get help, seriously

as if any of us with hundreds/thousands of posts on this website are normal. It's rarely that serious. Be calm :skull:

Edited by Sheep

Should I be worried about IVE at LOLLAPALOOZA now too :-*

sakura's 50 lives culminating in her peaking at coachella ugh what a satisfying storyline for her

kazuha. eunchae. just. what was that 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.