K-Pop Thread: aespa releases super smash of the year

Ryan

ย 

ย 

Why is there this perception that MHJ is a creative visionary with original ideas? She's been called out for plagiarising from numerous Western artists and concepts. Her ideas lack originality. The people going all out for her in hereย :dies:

ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

5 minutes ago, sunny said:

I didnt said that she got lucky i said that what she did isnt so unheard of or innovative. she was important but the article makes it seems like she is such innovator and everything on kpop is so blund without her.. well its not kpop will still make money and still have amazing groups and concepts without her

Without her, we would still be in fishnet hell. And that's only her most recent contribution. She was also behind Girls Generation, Shinee, F(x), Exo, Red Velvet. How is she not influential when she worked with many of the biggest idols and groups in Kpop across 3 decades? She and many other successful creative directors and producers built Kpop from the ground-up, whether you like it or not. Put some respect on their names.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Why is there this perception that MHJ is a creative visionary with original ideas? She's been called out for plagiarising from numerous Western artists and concepts. Her ideas lack originality. The people going all out for her in hereย :dies:

ย 
ย 

ย 

She is good at her job and deliver results that people, fans and the press like. Are you implying it's a coincidence she is behind SNSD and NJ, 2 of the biggest, most decorated and most influential girl groups, and f(x) Pink Tape and Newjeans Get Up, 2 of the most critically acclaimed albums? She is that good.ย :alexz:

• Like 1

ย 

Who in k-pop?ย 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 
ย 

ย 

Because there are plenty of other groups (like almost everyone) that keep copying westerm artists/styles and still fail to deliver.:bird:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Because there are plenty of other groups (like almost everyone) that keep copying westerm artists/styles and still fail to deliver.:bird:

There are plenty of nugus that deliverย :bird:

:deadbanana2:

ย 

50 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

ย 

Who in k-pop?ย 

sounds like a normal day in ncity

3 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

is that user still acting like Min Heehee Jin is the second coming of Christ

ย 

spacer.png

Now I understand what people must have felt when we were circlejerking RIIZE last fall

ย 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

When is NewJennies official comeback?

3 minutes ago, hรฉtรฉrosexuelle said:

When is NewJennies official comeback?

May 24th. Then their Japanese debut/second comeback is June 21st. But the B-side for the Japanese debut will come out in May.

ย 

After that, they'll release their album in the second half of 2024 and tour in 2025.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Chemist said:

ย 

The way they make the payola so obvious yet users here will pretend like it doesn't exist :skull:ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

After that, they'll release their album in the second half of 2024 and tour in 2025.

That was the plan before HYBE decided to destroy them. ADOR have confirmed they will go ahead with the current schedule for the next comeback, everything after June 21 is very hypothetical at the present, imo. The next 2 single albums How Sweet May 24, and Supernatural June 21 could very well be their last great projects.ย :sosad:

Posted (edited)

remove min heejin (and jaden jeong) from k-pop and your favs would still be singing over 2016 tropical house beats in front of green screens... but then again some of y'all don't seem to care at all about the quality of the music and videos and just are just trying to look at good looking people on mute judging by the groups you stanย 

Edited by playboi
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

is that user still acting like Min Heehee Jin is the second coming of Christ

ย 

spacer.png

Update: yes

ย 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ethereal said:

ย 

Who in k-pop?ย 

Half of Zerobaseone

ย 

spacer.png

aespa in 2 hours :WAP:

ย 

someone make the mean girls get in loser we're going shopping meme and replace it with kwangya :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, playboi said:

remove min heejin (and jaden jeong) from k-pop and your favs would still be singing over 2016 tropical house beats in front of green screens... but then again some of y'all don't seem to care at all about the quality of the music and videos and just are just trying to look at good looking people on mute judging by the groups you stanย 

Please elaborate on the groups u are talking about?

• Haha 1

I love Bubble Gum! It reminded me a lot of 9Muses

ย 

It sounds like something that would've been on their Heart Locker mini

I think it's difficult to perceive the contribution of certain people after a certain period of time. For me, the couple years before NJ is always gonna be defined by NMIXX type of noise. :next:

oh the amount of beauty gonna be in that roomย 

ย 

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, playboi said:

Twice, G-Friend etc all exist before NewJeans. Kpop always goes through a phase when a certain sound and music is trendy.ย 

ย 

SNSD started the cutesy-bubblegum pop trend in 2007 => 2NE1 started a mini trend of electro girlcrush pop => Sistar revived sexy-pop with Alone => Twice brought back aegyo-pop => Blackpink started the whole girlcrush frenzy.

ย 

Saying Kpop will revolve around the same soundscape without NJ's existence is purely delusional

Edited by OrgVisual

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

ย 

The power of spamming their song all over Spotify!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Tomek said:

I think it's difficult to perceive the contribution of certain people after a certain period of time. For me, the couple years before NJ is always gonna be defined by NMIXX type of noise. :next:

Itzy debut with the songs Dalla Dalla and later Wannabe are generally considered the other impactful event that marked this generation and caused a shift in Kpop. That's likely what the Korean music critic was referring to when he described Newjeans' impact over the last 5 years, "since Itzy, who debuted in 2019". Unless he meant all the way back to Blackpink. That's possible too.

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy

10 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

oh the amount of beauty gonna be in that roomย 

ย 

spacer.png

that's an edit

giphy.gif

ย 

ย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.