K-Pop Thread: aespa releases super smash of the year

Ryan

45 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

"Before she appeared, K-pop was becoming a victim of its own success, repeating old formulas

But with NewJeans she introduced a new trend of easy listening and retro-style aesthetics

:clown:

:cm:

• Haha 6

• Replies 39.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• youresotoxic

• MonsterNavy

• hallucinate

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, harrythevifan said:

:clown:

You know very well what they mean. :nicole:

Edited by geniecantstophypeboy

:clap3: Passed 3 Billion

• Like 3

is that user still acting like Min Heehee Jin is the second coming of Christ

spacer.png

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

ySOvSuNQ.gif

Ugh this was a life changing moment, the way everyone went silent when king Zhang Hao started to play the violin, bring me back.

billlie-tsuki.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

:skull: Biggest frauds currently. Ain't no wonder MHJ is mad MAD 

the way it took newjeans a little while to surpass blackpink white it only took a month for illit to snatch all bp and newjeans records :skull:

26 minutes ago, Darkling said:

Ugh this was a life changing moment, the way everyone went silent when king Zhang Hao started to play the violin, bring me back.

billlie-tsuki.gif

spacer.png

11 hours ago, TheCal said:

Girl where were you? you don't know the tea? She is dating Frederic Arnault, the son of the richest man in the world:dies:

GM1bjQ-bIAA8ICG?format=jpg&name=small

11 hours ago, Red Velvet said:

im surprised u of all people dont know this :rip:

Had no clue, get money ***** :rip:

i don't follow the gossips, i just want them to fkn release music

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

:matty: their social media presence and dominance in china is unfazed despite the ongoing boycott

why are c-netz boycotting what happened

got her group out if nugudom with a hit, see when you make good music :coffee2:

Edited by hanni
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

https://www.ft.com/content/304ff2ce-c285-4c23-b129-0d073730f0cb

mirror https://archive.is/xggfP

@Panda17 Financial Times article about HYBE vs ADOR

The MHJ Payola :toofunny2:

Girl relax u ere not the second coming of jesus. Sure she had  asuccesfull career but u could erase her from KPOP and KPOP would have still be great, thriving and successfull... i mean girl plz! Even NEW JEANS which is her most sucessfull work they came at a time where kpop groups and especially GG'S are thriving.... Her NJ concept arent sth groundbreaking either concept wise she just had an eye for great timing. Its like when GF debuted with their nostalgia act when kpop was all about sexy and swifted the genre for a while.

At least if she loses the case she can work as yaoi creator... u know for the Noonas

• Haha 3

A bop

MHJ used HYBE resources with the end goal to build her own company

Hybe used MHJ creativity and name with the end goal to launch their GG lines

Its simple as that. There are no sides to take here tbh at least with the info we have so far. Both parties had their own agendas and used each other to achieve their goals.

• Thanks 2

• 🌟 Line-up: The KingDom, n.SSign, KIM WOO JIN, YOUNITE, 82MAJOR, EASTSHINE, ViV, TOZ, RESCENE, BEWAVE, SPIA, UNICODE

20 minutes ago, sunny said:

The MHJ Payola :toofunny2:

Girl relax u ere not the second coming of jesus. Sure she had  asuccesfull career but u could erase her from KPOP and KPOP would have still be great, thriving and successfull... i mean girl plz! Even NEW JEANS which is her most sucessfull work they came at a time where kpop groups and especially GG'S are thriving.... Her NJ concept arent sth groundbreaking either concept wise she just had an eye for great timing. Its like when GF debuted with their nostalgia act when kpop was all about sexy and swifted the genre for a while.

At least if she loses the case she can work as yaoi creator... u know for the Noonas

Kpop fans' mental gymnastics to devalue and degrade the work of creative people is something else. You don't see that attitude in cinema or literature. Film directors and authors are respected and looked up to. Is it because Kpop is full of kids?

:suburban:

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sunny said:

:rip::rip::rip:

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

is that user still acting like Min Heehee Jin is the second coming of Christ

spacer.png

when she's a lot more than that

• Haha 1

Red Hair or Blonde Hair Yuqi? :gaycat4:

GMPZ9wyWoAEPfJb?format=jpg&name=mediumGMLwyDbWgAAgviS?format=jpg&name=mediumGML_5sUacAAsb1m?format=jpg&name=900x900

VS

230516-G-I-DLE-Yuqi-documents-2.jpeg?v=7YUQI-Digital-Single-Could-It-Be-Concept-1050b9a9657db767bffab2541bba4ad2e3f26913

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

Kpop fans' mental gymnastics to devalue and degrade the work of creative people is something else. You don't see that attitude in cinema or literature. Film directors and authors are respected and looked up to. Is it because Kpop is full of kids?

what this has to do with the argument here? This happens everwhere! in every industry. Why do we generalise and not talk about the specific case we have here? Creative people are still workers. she wasnt an independent artirst. she works for a company. She wants her own company and because it would be hard to do it from scratch she used HYBE....

Hybe copying NJ is D move as well but at the end of the day NJ and illit are products of teh same company. U cant do anything for this. Its like how YG keeps making 2NE1 over and over again.

Edited by sunny
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, playboi said:

when she's a lot more than that

yeah she is a groomer as well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sunny said:

what this has to do with the argument here? This happens everwhere! in every industry. Why do we generalise and not talk about the specific case we have here? Creative people are still workers. she wasnt an independent artirst. she works for a company. She wants her own company and because it would be hard to do it from scratch she used HYBE....

You just said Gfriend and Newjeans creative directors were irrelevant to the group success and might as well be Mcdonalds employees who got "lucky".

55 minutes ago, sunny said:

MHJ used HYBE resources with the end goal to build her own company

Hybe used MHJ creativity and name with the end goal to launch their GG lines

Its simple as that. There are no sides to take here tbh at least with the info we have so far. Both parties had their own agendas and used each other to achieve their goals.

Except not....... Hybe got what they wanted while MHJ is still stuck and dependant on them.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, geniecantstophypeboy said:

You just said Gfriend and Newjeans creative directors were irrelevant to the group success and might as well be Mcdonalds employees who got "lucky".

I didnt said that she got lucky i said that what she did isnt so unheard of or innovative. she was important but the article makes it seems like she is such innovator and everything on kpop is so blund without her.. well its not kpop will still make money and still have amazing groups and concepts without her

as harry pointed the irony of saying kpop reharses old formulas when this is exactly what NJ DID!

7 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Except not....... Hybe got what they wanted while MHJ is still stuck and dependant on them.

She got the money now, doesnt she?  if she is that good she can start her own company and make another hit GG. NJ were never totally hers thats what she needs to understand. When u are funded and work for someone unfortunately u dont own the rights

Edited by sunny
  • Thanks 1

So has Sweat managed to make it to Melon Daily Chart yet? Wakeone really ruined two groups. 

—————————

12 minutes ago, sunny said:

yeah she is a groomer as well

you shouldn't be throwing around big words like that without knowing what they mean :suburban:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Odette Violet said:

:matty: their social media presence and dominance in china is unfazed despite the ongoing boycott

first?! insane! I was pretty sure it will be GIDLE

4hours to aespa teaser :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.