Will AG7 be a turning point for pop/R&B?

suburbannature

Will Ariana bring back 90s R&B/pop?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Vote, baguette

• Yes, her Daydream/Butterfly is upon us
    • She doesn’t have the range
    • I’m not sure how that would sound
    • She’ll do it but no one will move
    • She’ll release TUN 3.0
    • Spongebob
    • Her thing is something different
    • Just go listen to Daydream for the 1000th time, suburban

Hear me out.

It’s common knowledge that popular music and mainstream R&B trends have shifted from big vocals and traditional R&B production to trap-driven whisper singing. Music is cyclical and major trends will always find their way back. 90s sampling, rap features, true remixes and other elements have again become prominently used, but could Ariana’s next album be that starting point for the once-dominant 90s-00s R&B/pop meld to make a mainstream comeback? I’m talking full-chest singing, big choruses, climaxes; the works. 

People have been longing for Ariana to fully embrace this sound for some time, but will she do it and will it stick in popular music?

Discuss.

xtiliyan

No, Ariana is done commercially. The signs of decline are pretty obvious, and her nexr record will flop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yes, Ariana is one of the strongest artists in a generation commercially. The signs of an incoming r&b genre defining record are pretty obvious, and her nexr record will eat.

Of course but that's only if it's something popular and different from what others are releasing today like Fantasize 

17 minutes ago, xtiliyan said:

No, Ariana is done commercially. The signs of decline are pretty obvious, and her nexr record will flop. 

I think so too. 

she fumbled the bag so hard. This long break was a mistake. Plus the home wrecker fiasco pretty much killed her career. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Why would it be? It’ll be just another McDonalds’d album full of cheap trap beats that will sound dated in 2 years lmao

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

i want more R&B Grande but i feel like she will do something electro-pop.

No, Ariana is a follower, she has never done anything that has defined music, nor will she now.

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

wasn’t she in the studio with Max & Ilya? it’s probably going to be pop leaning.

1 hour ago, She-Rah said:

I think so too. 

she fumbled the bag so hard. This long break was a mistake. Plus the home wrecker fiasco pretty much killed her career. 

do fiascos/scandals/cancellings really have a big impact tho? i fear not

:clack:

anyway, i think she'll just go for super pop sound

• Like 1

I think she will come with a new sound (for her) and shock us. At best it will be more pop but it will still sound alot like her last albums

21 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

wasn’t she in the studio with Max & Ilya? it’s probably going to be pop leaning.

oh i lost

no

It will just be another sweetener/thank u, next. Some pop bops, some cute but forgettable r&b tracks but nothing era defining, I fear. And I like those albums.

The album is produced by Max, it’ll be a meaningless album with pop radio hits that gonna be forgotten in a year as usual

• Like 2

Yes, the people are ready for Eternally. 

• Like 1

With Max Martin on board I don't think she'll fully lean into the R&B sound

i have a feeling it might. i think this will be one of her best albums and that she will finally be able to be on that dangerous woman / swt & thank u next peak ariana level but more mature. kinda how rihanna came back stronger than ever with ANTI after putting out albums annually for years but in a pop sense. And even if she might not go #1 this time around, if the album is good it might serve longevity this time around (most of her albums burn out after approx 1-2 yeaes)

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit
  • Like 1

the daydream promo :suburban:

OT: I pray that this is the album that she levels up with, kind of like sweetener :cm:  if that means a daydream era in respects to her artistry and career

then i hope so :katie2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.