Winners of 1st & 3rd seasons of American Idol hate re-watching themselves on Idol

Michael196

I can’t believe it’s been almost 20 years since American Idol. I feel so old. That season made 6 year old me and my mama angry as hell lmao.

So inspirational how far they’ve both come.

Kelly and Fantasia are by far the best winners Idol has ever produced. I’m so happy Fantasia is finally getting her flowers. Hope to see her in more projects in the near future. 

• Like 3

Why Kelly need to say Fantasia smells good?

sus-suspicious.gif

• Confused 2

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Vitaly said:

Why Kelly need to say Fantasia smells good?

sus-suspicious.gif

Are we gonna do this now when someone compliments someone’s perfume?

:suburban:

• ATRL Moderator

Loving this full circle moment :jonny: They should've done this again

• Like 1

Fantasia has been a style ICON to me since around the same time Rihanna started becoming one. 2008ish. 

Let me watch these and hope they asked her for a new album. 

Fantasia being back on the mainstream circuit and doing high profile promo is amazing. That's where she deserves to be.

She has the auntie audience on lock anyway but I'd love to see her get a cute comeback moment like Jazmine did in 2021

• Like 3

• ATRL Moderator

:heart:

Love this, love them!

On 12/19/2023 at 3:38 PM, reymiu said:

what is this :rip: why is it giving blacks vs whites

On 12/19/2023 at 4:38 PM, reymiu said:

Mind you those 3 were by far the most talented contestants that season. Even Elton John was fuming and called them out for the obvious racism at the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Emmy award winner Kelly Clarkson interviewing Golden Globe nominee Fantasia Barrino :clap3:

Edited by Genius1111
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

Interview AP, here:

They were literally out there fighting for their lives every week, so not surprised. :rip:

On 12/19/2023 at 10:38 PM, reymiu said:

Nnnnn, this video is jogging some memories from 19 years ago in me.

George Huff running over to join the black girl group, thinking they were the top 3. And then Ryan Seacrest said that he joined the wrong group and that he should have been with the non-black group. :redface:

For some reason, Fantasia did not seem worried at all and she was clapping even though it was announced she was in the bottom 3. 

As Ryan announced, Jennifer had the highest number of votes the previous week, but then ended up with the lowest number of votes one week later. That's quite wild. :gaycat6:

(Looking at the AI3 article on Wikipedia, she was bottom 2 on 2 other occasions - 11th in the top 12 week and 9th in the top 10 week. So maybe the audience recognized her talents but she didn't have enough rabid fans to call in to vote?)

15 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Why is Kelly suddenly speaking with a Southern accent

0:40

Kelly Clarkson, the Texan who has spoken with a slight country accent since the very first episode of Idol? :clown:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Genius1111 said:

Nnnnn, this video is jogging some memories from 19 years ago in me.

George Huff running over to join the black girl group, thinking they were the top 3. And then Ryan Seacrest said that he joined the wrong group and that he should have been with the non-black group. :redface:

For some reason, Fantasia did not seem worried at all and she was clapping even though it was announced she was in the bottom 3. 

As Ryan announced, Jennifer had the highest number of votes the previous week, but then ended up with the lowest number of votes one week later. That's quite wild. :gaycat6:

(Looking at the AI3 article on Wikipedia, she was bottom 2 on 2 other occasions - 11th in the top 12 week and 9th in the top 10 week. So maybe the audience recognized her talents but she didn't have enough rabid fans to call in to vote?)

I can remember this like it was yesterday. 

Fantasia and LaToya were pushed heavy in the earlier rounds of the semi’s and Jennifer didn’t really have her big moment with audiences until she performed Circle of Life and Weekend in New England. 

But she was competing for votes from more of her comparable competitors like Tasia and LaToya and then of course the larger white girls bases supporting Diana, Jasmine and Jon Stephens.

it was then and still is to this day the most controversial moment in idol history because the final 4 should have been Tasia, Toya, Jen and George. 

edit it was Jen’s Circle of Life and I Have Nothing performances that connected her with audiences. Weekend In New England was another stellar performance but was the song that got her eliminated. 

Edited by FLAallday
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.