Did Covid ruin New Years Years resolutions for you?

barbiegrande

I feel like I have trauma from 2020 still. I can’t go into the new year having expectations, because now I’m always waiting for the other show to drop around March.

It’s probably for the best though. I think resolutions hardly ever work

No, Covid is over and was a scam. But I definitely empathize with you regarding trauma, everything that was happening in our country and our government was very bleak and depressing.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

COVID was a traumatic experience for the whole world and it will take longer than just a couple of years to get it over, if we ever do. 

• Like 3

No but it's a big reason why we have a loneliness epidemic right now. 

It destroyed opportunities to befriend people in person for awhile 

I gave up on new year's resolutions a while ago because it's always so forced. If I want to try something new or change something about my life I'll do it when I want and not at the start of a new year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not really because I've never been one for New Year's resolutions. Whenever I want to make a change in my life, I work towards it until I inevitably fail and drop it within two weeks :gaycat6:

I haven’t heard anyone say Covid since last spring. Wow like literally almost forgot 

8 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I haven’t heard anyone say Covid since last spring. Wow like literally almost forgot 

I mean, I get it. Who wants to remember that time? But the world literally stopped for at least a month and the repercussions of that are still rippling. 

• Like 1

No? If anything I took it as an opportunity to work on myself since I had so much alone time. I started working out at home which eventually helped me feel comfortable to go to the gym.

This has nothing to do with resolutions, but I definitely improved myself because of the pandemic. 

Yeah… I knew 2020 would be a huge year and decided to make a big move that later was derailed. I have a feeling 2024 will be huge.. but hopefully for good reasons :chick2:

11 minutes ago, barbiegrande said:

I mean, I get it. Who wants to remember that time? But the world literally stopped for at least a month and the repercussions of that are still rippling. 

Yeah I think a lot of people block it out cuz it was pretty traumatic and a weird time. I still can’t believe it’s 2024. Last 4 years felt like a Blip

6 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yeah I think a lot of people block it out cuz it was pretty traumatic and a weird time. I still can’t believe it’s 2024. Last 4 years felt like a Blip

those 4 years don’t feel real and feel like they’ve gone by in weeks… but at the same time feel like an eternity as well :biblio:

• Like 1

It actually helped me resolutions in a way because I wanted to read books more and because of quarantine I was able to spend more time reading books. :priceless:

I miss 2020. It sucked. But knowing it was sucking for everybody was a nice feeling. 
And also like knowing that we were all having fun in like the same ways was a nice feeling.

Never felt so connected to the universe.

Unless let’s say that it was all an act and that someone in your family was controlling your internet and you were filming a movie and basically everywhere you went everyone was wearing masks and they were posting AI on Social Media telling you to stay at home. 
And essentially it turned out that everyone except you was partying the entire year except for you.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Not at all. I barely even think about COVID anymore. My resolutions for this year are to be more sociable, save more money and be even more physically active. COVID, or not, I plan to follow through on those resolutions.

Only bad thing about covid was no concerts for years but I liked never leaving the house

But I guess now we all got so comfortable with it. We never really got over that. I haven't been clubbing, dating since covid and it really did ruin a lot of social lives.

I never made resolutions. 

I do miss having acquaintances/'activity' friends though. I love my best friends to death, but it was nice going out with more surface-level people from work and whatnot. With everything being virtual now, it's a lot harder to organize stuff like that whereas before it would naturally happen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.