Is Lorde a good singer?

Marry The Gods

Is Lorde a good singer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Is Lorde a good singer?

• Yes.
    • No. She honestly can't sing.

She's good for her range, but she needs to show more versatility with her voice, It's been 10 years and she's still playing it safe

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

Are you living under a rock? Lorde has drew comparisons to Kate Bush for years now. Her vocals on Writer in the Dark were even compared to Kate’s by critics, so it’s not just something I pulled out of my arse. 

Don’t be afraid of Lorde and her bush. 

spacer.png

Honey stop memorizing Pitchfork reviews and reflect on the opportunity of comparing these two on a thread about vocals.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Filpo said:

Honey stop memorizing Pitchfork reviews and reflect on the opportunity of comparing these two on a thread about vocals.

spacer.png

you should hear her sing California live omg, it was ethereal

OT, not every artist is a 'vocals' artist and that's okay!

• Thanks 1

I don't know of any televised performances that have impressed me but she sounds really good live. It really makes all the difference if you get to see them in person.

• Thanks 1

Something about her is so off putting. 

She’s the kind of artist that should just write and let other people sing her songs. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

yes

of course atrl will think u have to have a powerful voice to be a good singer

• Thanks 1

She isn’t a great singer but she is more an adequate for the style of music she makes, sort of like Katy Perry at the start of her career before she made music she couldn’t sing live.  She’s not like Bob Dylan tho, he couldn’t sing for s**t.

• Thumbs Down 1

Seen her at the Melodrama and Solar Power tour and both time she sang live powerfully, beautifully and in a range of styles and tones. She is an incredible singer, and most importantly she has a unique voice that sets her apart.

Y'all really need to distinguish between not liking a singer's music / personality, and their voice.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VeniceBeach said:

She's good for her range, but she needs to show more versatility with her voice, It's been 10 years and she's still playing it safe

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marry The Gods said:

I watched a few performances of her live vocals on youtube and I don't think she's any different than the likes of Selena Gomez, Lumidee, or Tate McRae :michael:

Tate doesn't deserve to be grouped with the others. She very solid live.

https://www.tiktok.com/@nbcsnl/video/7303249278313499947

I don’t think her intention is being a VOCALIST. But I’ve seen her interview with David Byrne in which she says she considers her voice the greatest instrument in her music. So that stuck with me — I think her voice alone takes a great part in what makes Lorde’s music so unique and particular. You hear one note coming from her mouth and you know it’s a Lorde song because of how it stands out. 

And true, I’ve also seen her live and she sounds really good, especially considering the amount of jumping that she does. 

Not everyone needs to belt out high notes to be great! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.