Is Lorde a good singer?

Marry The Gods

Is Lorde a good singer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Is Lorde a good singer?

• Yes.
    • No. She honestly can't sing.

I watched a few performances of her live vocals on youtube and I don't think she's any different than the likes of Selena Gomez, Lumidee, or Tate McRae :michael:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

100% no, I guess atrl has spoken. End thread/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She has improved a lot since her debut tbh. She’s not the greatest vocalist or whatever but she emotes a lot and you can tell experience has made more confident to make her voice stronger but she can still get better though 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

She’s much better than Selena Gomez please bfr :deadbanana2: 

I think she’s in the category of not being a vocalist but has a serviceable voice especially for the music she makes and performs ala Taylor. 

• Thanks 1

She was very good live on the Solar Power tour. Her strength isn’t show stopping vocal abilities but she knows how to convey emotion very well with her voice. 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

and I don't think she's any different than the likes of Selena Gomez, Lumidee, or Tate McRae

gl-remini-enhanced.thumb.png.bb7f7afc24e

I think some people have it engraved into their brain that if you don’t sing like Celine or Whitney, then you can’t sing. Lorde isn’t a powerhouse vocalist, but her voice is pretty unique and distinctive and it works for the music she releases. 

The modern day Kate Bush. :clap3:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

She's a decent singer, but I like her more for her songwriting tbh.

• Like 1

Yes, she is not fantastic, but she is good. 

• Thanks 1

If Taylor Lana or Billie are praised for their vocals Lorde should too. She’s not worse than them. 

• Thanks 3

Buttt it’s obvious she’s singer songwriter type of singer making pop. Her tone and delivery is what’s selling great lyrics and melodies she created :heart:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

I think some people have it engraved into their brain that if you don’t sing like Celine or Whitney, then you can’t sing. Lorde isn’t a powerhouse vocalist, but her voice is pretty unique and distinctive and it works for the music she releases. 

The modern day Kate Bush. :clap3:

It was perfect before the last sentence, you didn't need to set her up like this :rip:

She's a good singer, even in that infamous viral performance she's actually on tune. It also sounds like she's whimpering, yes, the song is slightly out of her register, but it's the effect she was going for in Writer in the dark. It's not like the studio version is any different.

1 minute ago, Filpo said:

It was perfect before the last sentence, you didn't need to set her up like this 

She’s better than Kate of course 

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Filpo said:

It was perfect before the last sentence, you didn't need to set her up like this :rip:

Are you living under a rock? Lorde has drew comparisons to Kate Bush for years now. Her vocals on Writer in the Dark were even compared to Kate’s by critics, so it’s not just something I pulled out of my arse. 

Don’t be afraid of Lorde and her bush. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.