• Björk - Post
    • Tori Amos - Boys for Pele
    • Fiona Apple - When The Pawn..
    • Jewel - Pieces Of You
    • PJ Harvey - Rid Of Me
    • Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing
    • Hole - Live Through This
    • Garbage - Garbage

I would’ve voted for Little Earthquakes if it had been a choice, but it wasn’t so I went with Post

• Thanks 1

Out of these selections, my favorite is the immaculate Post, and a very very close second is Boys For Pele. Two amazing, eminently talented women at the top of their game making great music - I love every note on both albums. Boys For Pele in particular is just so captivating because of Tori’s incredibly beautiful voice and melodies. There are so many moments on that album where I feel like I’m in a trance - all that matters is experiencing her words. Post is almost constantly that same feeling but spread out to the electronic textures and beats. Hyperballad may very well be the greatest single track of all time, in my opinion.

However, I feel that the elephant in the room here is that Post, while nearly perfect, is not even Björk’s greatest effort of the 90’s. It would fall to second for me, were Homogenic in the running.

• Like 3

For me it's Exile In Guyville. My runner ups are Rid Of Me (im coming up man-size) and So Tonight I Might See

Hmm...Surfacing because it has one of my favorite songs of that decade :celestial5:

• Like 1

love Bjork but Post is one of her worst so 

Rid Of Me is like 9/10 but TBYML and Is This Desire both clear everything else on the list

Pele is incredible too but Choirgirl Hotel the magnum opus :heart2:

Can’t say I heard them all. Surfacing is so good though. Buffy got me into that album because that’s the only way I could get the song Full Of Grace.  

Boys for Pele. Though would've been harder if you chose one of PJ's opuses Is This Desire? or To Bring You My Love instead of RoM

• Like 2

Garbage and Hole ATE I'm afraid :jonny:

“Jagged Little Pill”.

However, “Little Earthquakes” was far more influential (and less divisive) than “Boys for Pele”.

• ATRL Moderator

JLP/Garbage/Surfacing is the holy trinity in the OP. Immaculate records :jonny5: 

I love a lot of these albums but Boys for Pele is on another level :jonny: the album is amazing, song to song, i can't stress it enough

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.