Love Again the smash hit that got away?

Naikuun

The final single from Future Nostalgia, and Dua's favorite song from the album, acclaimed by the media and THE fan-favorite, do you think it could have been a SMASH of DSN proportions with a promotional campaign similar to the first singles from the album?

In my wildest dreams Love Again was FN's lead single, and it has 3 billion streams on Spotify

It has just surpassed 300M views on YouTube, something no small thing for a dead platform within pop, and has more than 600M on Spotify. 

and it's almost outstreaming BMH and Physical.

• Like 1

It honestly deserved the push and promotion that We're Good received.

The Imanbek remix has like 57M streams as well. It's numbers are pretty decent considering it wasn't a huge chart hit in most regions.

Edited by Cheeky
  • Like 1

Absolutely! One of my favourite singles by Dua, such a classic and the use of the sample is immaculate

• Like 1

but it was a cute hit for her no?

• Like 1

One of the best song with unique sound, i don't like the video though they missed the opportunity.

It's catchy but so overrated by her fans, the GP didn't like it. Physical deserved better

• Thumbs Down 3

Should've released Love Again instead of BMH but BMH smashed so it's fine

It definitely should’ve been fully pushed instead of We’re Good which just sucks. The video is also bad and strange which didn’t help.

Yea if only her and Daniel Caesar released an MV and promoted it. sigh. a gold smasha still 

They put it on TTH the first day as a single. Which is unheard of for a post album single. They tried but the GP said no. 

Actually American GP hated it, callouts were atrocious. If anything, it got more than fair Pop airplay.

It was a pretty big radio hit in my country and I still hear it relatively often in clubs and bars – it's probably the most played Future Nostalgia track aside from Physical and Don't Start Now in those settings. So I think Love Again definitely did its thing, and overall the singles run was almost perfect (yes, We're Good was a bit underwhelming, but I'm pretty sure they only released that to gauge the fans' reaction to that different kind of sound). 

Unfortunately the GP said no :doc: 

19 hours ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Unfortunately the GP said no :doc: 

well 600 millions streams on Spotify doesn’t sound like a “no” to me :duca:

I used to hear it all the time on french radio

It’s also my favorite song from the album! It brings me back memories when I went to EDC Las Vegas in October 2021 and the song was playing nonstop at the Venetian :jonny4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.