What is Lana Del Rey's best opening track?

Diesel is Desire

Lana Del Rey Opening Tracks  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Which opening track is the best?

2. 2. Which opening track is the worst?

Best are Born to Die and Cruel World, but I had to vote for Born to Die because once you hear those first seconds of the song, it really sets out a mood for the rest of the album. As much as I love Cruel World, I gotta be honest I've never really went back to it because it's too long and loud, Ultraviolence the song would have been such a better #1 track. NFR is also ******* great - song and the album haha.

Worst has to be Text Book, as much as I love the chorus, it's just such a weird opening track for Lana standards. If it were a stand alone single, sure, but if you asked me which album is it from I'd be confused. Not complaining really, cuz mom was feeding us during COVID.

Don't really have an opinion on The Grants, it has to stand the test of time for me first.

Edited by Lana Banana

wait.... this thread wasn't opened by NOW?

• Haha 1

I can’t choose. Seeing them all laid out in front of me, Lana really knows how to nail an intro track :deadbanana4:

• Like 4

Best was between Norman ******* Rockwell and White Dress. NFR slightly edges out though 

Lana has no bad opening tracks but Text Book is probably the worst

Best is definitely White Dress or Honeymoon

Worst is Cruel World :skull: cannot listen to it nowadays 

• Like 1

White Dress > Honeymoon > Born To Die > The Grants > NFR > Love > (Ride >) Text Book > Cruel World 

Anyone who doesn't say Honeymoon is the best is just... tasteless...

Text Book is literally one of her best songs what are y'all thinking???

• Like 2

The cinematic intro of Honeymoon alone makes it her best opening track.

The Grants is also a great opening, possibly my second favorite opening in Lana's discography.

Her worst opening is obviously Text Book

The Grants, NFR or Cruel World for the best. There's not really a weak track here but I guess I'll go with Text Book.

Best: BTD > Cruel World > NFR

Worst: Honeymoon maybe, but it still slays :weeps:

NFR and The Grants make me melt 🫠

Best for me is between Honeymoon and NFR but I have to give it to Honeymoon. It really sets the tone of the entire album and is the perfect introduction for the journey that the listener is embarking on. Simply exquisite 

best: The Grants, Cruel World or NFR!

worst: Honeymoon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.