Sugababes & Joy Anonymous - “JOY (Push the Button)“

xokuba

28 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

i think most people are just happy keisha and mutya are back together. and we know they wont work with heidi again

I think it's the other way around, Heidi won't work with them. she's done with the industry.

17 minutes ago, Joyride said:

I think it's the other way around, Heidi won't work with them. she's done with the industry.

you think she wouldnt have joined them if they asked her?

We want a full new album and for it to be promoted and released under a major label and for them to do a solid 10 date arena tour in the UK and ireland. What is going on with these girls and management my gosh? They are going to miss the wave of nostalgia

42 minutes ago, getinthezone said:

you think she wouldnt have joined them if they asked her?

why would she? the narrative being is that the OG reuinited organically, while the other girls were almost placeholders. Heidi is getting her songwriting checks without moving a finger.

PTB is such a classic so hearing it reworked was a bit unusual

However I've heard the track a few more times and now I think that this is a great idea. A poetic one even.

This has so many ingredients that made Sugababes well Sugababes

- This one reminds me of their breakout hit Freak Like Me. That song also used an old song (Adina version) and reworked it to make the song more fresh

- Now they don't use anyone's classic hit, they use their own classic instead. It's a brilliant idea to reclaim the Sugababes brand and yet keeping the old tradition they had w Freak Like Me

- It had a club vibe (rather than full pop) that has always been present in all Sugababes music

I hope they received full promotion for this reworked version (make a visual, send to radio, send remixes to clubs etc)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, IBeMe said:

We want a full new album and for it to be promoted and released under a major label and for them to do a solid 10 date arena tour in the UK and ireland. What is going on with these girls and management my gosh? They are going to miss the wave of nostalgia

What? They've been doing gigs, festivals & touring for the past 2 years and all of that independently so they earned all of the profits. 

Now they're signed to BMG, have already released a one-off single with a promise of an album next year. 

• Like 2

Heidi is still managed by the same management team who would not give Mutya time off when she gave birth to her daughter, the team who later fired Keisha, the team who allegedly used their association with Becky Hill and Polydor to attain (then leak) the MKS album. Heidi is not a victim and nobody needs the toxicity of financially negotiating a contract with their old management team for Heidi’s services.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 4:56 PM, getinthezone said:

i think most people are just happy keisha and mutya are back together. and we know they wont work with heidi again

What's the background on the falling out??

10 hours ago, Exodus said:

What's the background on the falling out??

in short, Heidi was on the label's side and wanted to continue the Sugababes as a brand and didn't stand with Keisha when she was kicked out, that's why

Edited by xokuba

On 12/23/2023 at 1:24 AM, Exodus said:

I'm lost. Why do people like Siobhan so much? Heidi was the one in the group during their commercial peak with 6 #01's and is the member I think of outside of Keisha when I think of the Sugababes.

Because Siobhan's two (flopped) solo albums are one of the best and people stan talent :spin:

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 11:54 PM, Dante Silva said:

Heidi is still managed by the same management team who would not give Mutya time off when she gave birth to her daughter, the team who later fired Keisha, the team who allegedly used their association with Becky Hill and Polydor to attain (then leak) the MKS album. Heidi is not a victim and nobody needs the toxicity of financially negotiating a contract with their old management team for Heidi’s services.

why on Earth would Heidi need management nowadays? :skull: that's probably some outdated info which that management company hasn't bothered to update on since the early 2010s

1 hour ago, Nashe said:

why on Earth would Heidi need management nowadays? :skull: that's probably some outdated info which that management company hasn't bothered to update on since the early 2010s

YCn2I7o.jpg

Not true. You can hire her (for media purposes) yourself for a few hours if you have several grand in cash to spare.

Her socials get updated regularly. Most recently her IG with a ‘Disney on Ice’ promotion. She also supports various charities. None of which she is doing for the good of her health.

She auditions regularly for TV presenting gigs (none of which she has won), usually getting beaten by Josie Gibson.

She remains close to Sarah Stennett (who first hooked her up with Sugababes). Sarah has since been allegedly involved in wholesome activities like this in her role as a representative for another artist.

Edited by Dante Silva

10 minutes ago, Dante Silva said:

YCn2I7o.jpg

Not true. You can hire her (for media purposes) yourself for a few hours if you have several grand in cash to spare.

Her socials get updated regularly. Most recently her IG with a ‘Disney on Ice’ promotion. She also supports various charities. None of which she is doing for the good of her health.

She auditions regularly for TV presenting gigs (none of which she has won), usually getting beaten by Josie Gibson.

She remains close to Sarah Stennett (who hooked her up with Sugababes). Sarah has allegedly been involved in wholesome activities like this with another artist she since represented.

LOL she has fallen into obscurity. :deadbanana4: 

1 minute ago, Maroonx said:

LOL she has fallen into obscurity. :deadbanana4: 

I don’t disagree. It is not a secret Keisha was NOT the individual Jade Ewen was waiting in the wings to replace and if Heidi had remained loyal toward Keisha it would have been Amelle who left.

Keisha knows this too, so it really is quite strange that certain people expect Keisha to behave like a simpleton, trust Heidi twice, tell Siobhan to piss off and welcome Heidi back with open arms.

• Like 1

Just now, Dante Silva said:

I don’t disagree. It is not a secret Keisha was NOT the individual Jade Ewen was waiting in the wings to replace and if Heidi had remained loyal toward Keisha it would have been Amelle who left.

Keisha knows this too, so it really is quite strange that certain people expect Keisha to behave like a simpleton, trust Heidi twice, tell Siobhan to piss off and welcome Heidi back with open arms.

Honestly after all the years Heidi spent with Keisha, you'd assume she'd be loyal to Keisha right? 

IDK how the final lineup thought they would survive without one of the founding members. There was so much backlash with the Sugababes over the "bullying" rumors as it was, and sacking Keisha just didn't help anything. In fact, it just proved there was backstage drama (despite all of the girls denying it for years)...

I'm quite happy the final line up killed the group. I abandoned them after Keisha left. I lost all respect for Heidi and Amelle... well I won't even discuss Amelle, she's always seemed fake AF to me. And Jade, I have no ill feeling towards her, coz she was hired by the label to replace Keisha.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.