A woman who had a miscarriage is now charged with abusing a corpse

Hiatus

The hospital said in response:

“The safety and security of every patient who comes to us for care is our highest priority. Out of respect for patient privacy, we will not discuss individual specifics of care.

???

But they literally called police on her. 

Edit: Okay, she tried to flush it. I don't know how I feel about it. What she did was wrong.

Edited by Anthinos
  • Like 2

why do you leave out the detail that she left the miscarried baby in the toilet and tried flushing it, clogging the toilet up, and went on with her day.

i dont think she deserves criminal charges but this is in fact disturbing behavior. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I read this before. She tried to flush it down the toilet and hide it. That’s the reason she’s being charged. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

why do you leave out the detail that she left the miscarried baby in the toilet and tried flushing it, clogging the toilet up, and went on with her day.

i dont think she deserves criminal charges but this is in fact disturbing behavior. 

:rip: How heartless. Just flush and go, she was over 5 months. She knew what she was doing. 

Edited by Shelter

Just now, Rogue said:

I read this before. She tried to flush it down the toilet and hide it. That’s the reason she’s being charged. 

Which is pretty reasonable to be honest. Its so weird that people want this to be a narrative it isnt. People who spread this story online leave out this fact for some reason 

Cameltoe Chariot
1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Not trying to be confrontational or rude here, but where exactly do you think that dead fetus would’ve ended up? It’s literally dead cells with no memories, thoughts, feelings or ANYTHING. This happens all the time and the fact of the matter is this woman was in a horrific situation that many, many other women have experienced as well, in a country that criminally charges women for their unviable pregnancies in some states.

And that’s not even considering the costs of going to the hospital in this nightmare ordeal.

i feel for this woman and i hope she can recover from this. There is absolutely no one more traumatized in this situation than her.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Which is pretty reasonable to be honest. Its so weird that people want this to be a narrative it isnt. People who spread this story online leave out this fact for some reason 

Right. It almost got me at first when I saw it on the Blogs until I dug deeper. 

3 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Not trying to be confrontational or rude here, but where exactly do you think that dead fetus would’ve ended up? It’s literally dead cells with no memories, thoughts, feelings or ANYTHING. This happens all the time and the fact of the matter is this woman was in a horrific situation that many, many other women have experienced as well, in a country that criminally charges women for their unviable pregnancies in some states.

And that’s not even considering the costs of going to the hospital in this nightmare ordeal.

i feel for this woman and i hope she can recover from this. There is absolutely no one more traumatized in this situation than her.

Of course her situation was distressing and I hope she can recover from her trauma, but it’s still reasonable to admit that her way of getting rid of the deceased fetus is concerning and definitely not the moral correct way, regardless if the deceased fetus had memories or not. People shouldnt get rid of a fetus by flushing it down a toilet. 

Watts returned on September 20 expecting to be induced to deliver her preterm pregnancy, according to The Washington Post. But for hours doctors and officials mulled the ethics of inducing labor for a woman who had been diagnosed with preterm premature rupture of membranes (PPROM), had no detectable amniotic fluid, was bleeding vaginally and had advanced cervical dilation, the Post reported. Watts eventually left.

what the heck were the medical professionals doing :deadbanana2:

According to the coroner’s office report, “Brittany stated to police that she had taken the fetus out of the toilet and placed in it a black bucket. She then told police that she put the remains near the garage in the back yard.”

now it's her fault for dealing with it herself?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

what the heck were the medical professionals doing :deadbanana2:

now it's her fault for dealing with it herself?

Probably waiting for her to discharge herself AMA for the third time in two days 

1 hour ago, Anthinos said:

Edit: Okay, she tried to flush it. I don't know how I feel about it. What she did was wrong.

When I worked at Lush my coworker shot her abortion into a toilet, flushed it, and finished her shift. It was busy season for retail and she had bills to pay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perfect Blue said:

When I worked at Lush my coworker shot her abortion into a toilet, flushed it, and finished her shift. It was busy season for retail and she had bills to pay.

I call it The Lush Flush

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.