Who had the best π™œπ™€π™©π™ π™₯π™ͺ𝙣𝙠 π™’π™€π™’π™šπ™£π™© 𝙀𝙛 π™›π™šπ™’π™–π™‘π™š π™§π™–π™œπ™š?

shyboi

Who had the best goth punk moment of female rage?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who had the best goth punk moment of female rage?

• Britney's BLACKOUT era
    • Gaga's ARTPOP album rollout and promo
    • BeyoncΓ©'s LEMONADE
    • Ariana's THANK YOU, NEXT
    • Taylor's REPUTATION era
    • Kesha's GAG ORDER
    • Lana's ULTRAVIOLENCE
    • Other (mention in comments)

3 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

giphy.gif

Β 

It doesn't get more punk than Britney during that era

Edited by shyboi
  • Like 4

-Oooo Blackout was a moment

it was a Real one ...she was literally living a punk era

created something dark and totally shed her teen (let alone any sign of bubblegum,princess)

tbh I would say the only actual Type of era that someone would describe like the title.. (less on the rage ig)

Β 

-Tbh the other closest I would say, is Reputation

she was getting hated on by a Lot of people (the KimYe backlash) and was the Ssssnake

reputation was kind of different from what she used to do..it was darker undertones, lots of electro (literally reminescent of blackout actually)

you could tell she was going thru it. I remember constantly defending her during that era, since some people really were doing too much.

Β 

Β 

-Artpop, is the other era where an artist of this last, had been hated on. The music wasn't really goth or punk (at least not that much if u find evidence) ((+Gaga has always been more rock to me))

Β 

Β 

-Lemonade was the closest to Rage imo

she wasnt in a dark place with the GP - altho there were lots of casual listeners who were turned off by the music, but Bey was mainly just Praised this era (imo her most respected moment and acclaimed era).

The album showed dark moments for her, her living thru it. In the past.

But again, more rock..or at least not just punk

Β 

Β 

Β 

-I am not sure about Kesha, since I haven't really been following the era (I was actually surprised it isn't one of her older eras, but maybe it's deeper and I dont know it)

Β 

Β 

-I would add Erotica, for Madonna. (tbh and the follow-up of Bedtime Stories, since that makes a whole story)

-Janet's Velvet Rope too. Real emotion right there, probably her Best album tbh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rev8 said:

-Oooo Blackout was a moment

it was a Real one ...she was literally living a punk era

created something dark and totally shed her teen (let alone any sign of bubblegum,princess)

tbh I would say the only actual Type of era that someone would describe like the title.. (less on the rage ig)

Β 

-Tbh the other closest I would say, is Reputation

she was getting hated on by a Lot of people (the KimYe backlash) and was the Ssssnake

reputation was kind of different from what she used to do..it was darker undertones, lots of electro (literally reminescent of blackout actually)

you could tell she was going thru it. I remember constantly defending her during that era, since some people really were doing too much.

Β 

Β 

-Artpop, is the other era where an artist of this last, had been hated on. The music wasn't really goth or punk (at least not that much if u find evidence) ((+Gaga has always been more rock to me))

Β 

Β 

-Lemonade was the closest to Rage imo

she wasnt in a dark place with the GP - altho there were lots of casual listeners who were turned off by the music, but Bey was mainly just Praised this era (imo her most respected moment and acclaimed era).

The album showed dark moments for her, her living thru it. In the past.

But again, more rock..or at least not just punk

Β 

Β 

Β 

-I am not sure about Kesha, since I haven't really been following the era (I was actually surprised it isn't one of her older eras, but maybe it's deeper and I dont know it)

Β 

Β 

-I would add Erotica, for Madonna. (tbh and the follow-up of Bedtime Stories, since that makes a whole story)

-Janet's Velvet Rope too. Real emotion right there, probably her Best album tbh

Β 

Lana after all the hate of her first years too

Β 

punk is not about the music genre per se, is more the attitude and your reaction against life's punch backsΒ 

4 minutes ago, shyboi said:

Β 

Lana after all the hate of her first years too

Β 

punk is not about the music genre per se, is more the attitude and your reaction against life's punch backsΒ 

I understood it that way, when Taylor said it (not sure why ppl wanted to act obtuse and laugh at her), but I tried to take an overall look of it with these eras

the aesthetics ,what they were going thru, the music (or at least compared to what they've been releasing previously, since that matters a lot for the type of artist they are), even what they were speaking about

Β 

Lana deffo had hate in the years before Ultraviolence ..but I am not sure if she put that in her music? I never thought about it at least

I've always thought she was mainly singing about her exes/currents or just people she has had contact with (not really a lyrics person tho, I prefer the melodies and patterns and such)

the aesthetic was deffo darker..there wasn't this old-age beauty she was trying to do...She was living thru the bad moments too I imagine

But I don't think she wanted to express it That much in her music (in UV)..I think she wanted a change sound-wise and create something that was influenced of what she was listening/vibing to at that moment

But I havent seen interviews about that era, so I can't tell (why I tried not to speak too much on Kesha's)

Β 

Β 

Β 

ot: I would add P!nk's Missundaztood too

she really added that angst she had in her and influenced even some of her peers

actually, P!nk is someone who screams more punkish than anything.. she was really embodying a goth punk girl in school, in some aesthetics of that era too lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ratred R was the best gothpunk era visually, aesticatically and sonically. None of the others come close to be goth or punk

• Like 3

The greatest goth punk moment of female rage at being gaslit by an entire social structure is the original one: Barbra Streisand writing, producing, directing, and starring in Yentl.Β 

I don’t really know what qualifies as Goth punk female rage but Beyonce rage in β€˜Don’t hurt yourself’ and β€˜Ring the alarm’ is >>>>>

7 minutes ago, chaklux said:

I don’t really know what qualifies as Goth punk female rage but Beyonce rage in β€˜Don’t hurt yourself’ and β€˜Ring the alarm’ is >>>>>

don't hurt yourself, LKWMMD, piece of me, all goth punk female rageΒ 

Β 

683-ece40-fc30-431-d-w9jci.gif

• Haha 1

Oops I did it again. Pure female rage

and im SO serious

Β 

Zheani must be included in this discussion

Tokyo GIF by Databaseζ•Έζ“š

Edited by Mads Trier

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.