Jessie J - "Being Britney"

Jeremiah

The song Jessie J talked about writing for Femme Fatale has finally leaked.

Jessie also revealed the title of the track she had offered to Britney. "I may try and pitch it to someone else, but it was actually called 'Being Britney,' " she said. "So, it's actually hard to pitch it. It was a really cool song, but it is what it is; it happens for a reason. For me, one thing I love about Britney Spears is she is Britney Spears: No one can come and try and steal her path, her lane and that's what I love about her. That's what the song is about, 'I'm the sh--.' "

MTV (2011)

• Haha 2

there is a lot going on here

Edited by Katamari
  • Haha 2

Imagine Britney accepting this then Maya records it for Britney Jean. Change the title to Being Maya Marie.

Edited by americanlife
  • Haha 3

We need demos with Britney’s vocals. Tired of all these pitch demos leaking.

This song sounds almost like satire or something Madonna would record and put on Rebel Heart. 

Edited by FightDragonsWithMe
Wrong Album
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's kinda offtopic here, but whole Jessie J situation is making me really sad. I used to stan her so hard, I still do I think, but with her talent she should've become one of the greatest acts. No?

Her actual career seems like a joke, like, she's got great songs, some meh, and I think she's still finding her own niche after 13 or something years. She has a phenomenal voice and I feel like nobody in her team/record labels/management knows what to do with it. I found myself listening to her Singer 2018 covers more and not her own songs which I really liked 10 years ago. When she sings 'I Have Nothing' or 'Ain't Nobody' this is really HER, not with 'Burning Up', 'Wild' or 'It's My Party' songs nobody knows. I don't know if she would ever go back to releasing songs again, and if she does I will definitely support. But still :noparty:

• Like 2

On 12/16/2023 at 2:03 AM, Katamari said:

there is a lot going on here

The way she goes from sounding like Yolandi to Robyn... Jessie J the vocal acrobat you are

Now on third listen, this may be a misunderstood masterpiece :-x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.