Mickey Mouse (Steamboat Willie) to become public domain in 2024

Year of Shadow

In case you thought the Disney trainwreck was over, in 2024 Steamboat Willie officially becomes public domain. 

c5ae352d7d7dc26c3e88bd6a0462bf68d86da70a

https://apnews.com/article/mickey-mouse-public-domain-disney-minnie-tigger-1dbfa3982a172334503bc8cf87302b6f

Also:

Another famous animal sidekick, Tigger, will join his friend Winnie the Pooh in the public domain as the book in which the bouncing tiger first appeared, “The House at Pooh Corner,” turns 96. 

TO FREEDOM :clap3:

lMs9vv.gif

• Thanks 1

Yeah, Steamboat Willie aka the OG Mickey Mouse is public domain in 2024 :smile:

Current artists and creators will be able to make use of Mickey, but with major limits. It is only the more mischievous, rat-like, non-speaking boat captain in “Steamboat Willie” that has become public.

yassss Tigger and Winnie cosplay c0rn :jonny6: 

Kinda weird they didn’t make a Mickey Mouse theme movie this year for thier Hundred year anniversary :deadbanana:

but then again who really wants that. But still would have made more sense

Ready for the live action Mickey Mouse film played by Vin Diesel. :heart:

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Kinda weird they didn’t make a Mickey Mouse theme movie this year for thier Hundred year anniversary :deadbanana:

but then again who really wants that. But still would have made more sense

I think they handled disney 100 messy. It was such a non event. Merch was meh, no new attractions at disneyland, at least in Paris, that exsibition was nothing special, I've seen it in München... movies have been.... just bad... I mean , I guess we have to wait another 100 years for better aniversary...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.