HDD: Nicki 223k, Taylor 106k, Tate 66k (FINAL)

Squall

With the biggest female rap debut of 2023, Nicki Minaj’s Pink Friday 2 (Young Money/Republic) will open with an impressive 170-190k, easily #1 on next week’s HITS Top 50. RCA’s Tate McCrae is trending toward a first week of 40-50k, which would be largest opening of her career.

Nicki Minaj (Young Money/Republic) 170-190k
Tate McCrae (RCA) 40-50k

If you take a swig of holiday cider for every week Republic logged a #1 this year, you actually turn into Santa.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=338829&title=NEW-RELEASES%3A-PINK-POWER

Edited by Squall
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HEAVYONIT

• Pink Whitney

• Zolanski.

• justin.

all cardi needs to do is clear 170k, with eeze

/s
3bbLpOL.gif

but honestly the way yall hyped Tate up for her to debut with such low numbers is just a reality check 

Edited by XAMJ
clearly sarcams for the barbzzzzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Great numbers for Nicki, hope Tate can do at least 50k+, because if not it's going to be disappointing ngl.

Edited by Ger-55
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

This isn’t too bad, right?

• Haha 1

less than 200k with 10 variants :rip: not everyone can have Taylor level demand I see 

• Like 12
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 17

The second week drop will be entertaining 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

PF - 375k

PF RR - 253k

TPP - 244k

Queen - 185k

She needs that 190k to outsell her last

This isn't terrible imo but it could've done way more if the album quality was better, and she should have never hyped it up

Edited by DuffLavigne
  • Like 4

:clap3:way better than I thought for Nicki. She can end up higher than Queen.

Tate being a fad confirmed tho.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Just now, DirtyPony87 said:

This isn’t too bad, right?

It’s good. Label probably wishes it was double but she’s not actually delivered quality so they’re just happy the core fanbase are engaged. 

• Like 1

They are delusional… everyone Rationale was expecting 150k, but I’m pretty sure they will go up to cross 200k!

• Like 9

Nicki, like all artists with a fanbase, never had trouble with first weeks. Queen also did nearly 200k. The consistency is commendable, but the real trouble is giving the era legs and making it a success outside of the fanbase and I heard nothing on that unfinished demo project that can do that for her. Maybe one of the tracks she will tack on during the week will pull through

• Like 12

I wonder how many physicals she will sell. The fact it was not clear the full album would not be on the vinyl :deadbanana2:good thing I didn't preorder it

Queen of Rap!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pink Friday 2 is a hit :clap3: I predict 200k final numbers will go up… Me Thinks 

Tate doing 50k is what I was expecting also doing double Numbers compared to Camila Familia :eek: 

• Like 7

what happened to the “most anticipated rap album of all time”

jrAroca.gif

• Haha 9
  • Thumbs Down 8

All those AI covers, 20+ tracks, vinyls (that shouldn't count), 3 months of pre-orders and not even 200k :deadbanana: 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.