'Pink Friday 2' debuts on Spotify, 28.2M WW and 14M USA

Starkboy

Ouch. I don’t see any of these songs sticking so I’m perched for the collapse tomorrow :dies:

• Haha 3

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HEAVYONIT

• IceSpice

• KOMH

• Nickimeetsatrl

Also, female rappers do better on Apple Music than Spotify. What Nicki is doing on Apple Music right now, only a few pop girls can do. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, punisher said:

she didn’t have j cole, drake, uzi, future, lil wayne and “billie” on her album 

She also blew up 10 years later so feels like a moot point

PDami7777-1326673076269047808-min.thumb.gif.010b56e0299987a1f8f4a58a65779cad.gif

When other female rappers do much better on Apple Music y’all call it payola, but when it’s Nicki…….. 😭:rip:

people are shading these numbers because y’all shade everybody. Cardi B did 27M in 2017 when Spotify was much smaller with 11 songs

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Didn't Queen do 14M WW? I know streaming has grown a lot since 2018, but doubling the numbers doesn't seem that bad

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, punisher said:

she didn’t have j cole, drake, uzi, future, lil wayne and “billie” on her album 

3 minutes ago, abelfenty said:

And now Nicki couldn’t even debut higher than the several-months-old Paint The Town Red or Agora Hills with a Drake feature and TTH placement :gaycat2:

We know you both are haters so take your victory lap if you’d like and come back when you’re ready to have a REAL discussion about realistic expectations for a 40 year old female rapper’s 5th album released 15-years deep into her career, the fact that she can ever keep up when all of her peers dream of these numbers :clap3:

• Confused 1

This is so bad for such a huge artist

This is prime example of how twitter hype never translates to real success. Gag city where :rip:

Edited by Timeless
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, HEAVYONIT said:

Tell me you know nothing about rap without telling me you know nothing about rap. They’re MEN. Female rappers don’t perform nearly as well. The highest de but for a female rapper is Planet Her (as a “rap” album) with 29M.  

I find it funny that you always say she has no female competition in the genre and then cry every time her male peers are mentioned.
I've never seen Taylor, Beyoncé or Rihanna fans complain when they are compared to the greats of their genre, or other genres.
The initial post said that the rap genre doesn't get good numbers on Spotify when 8/20 artists with the most streams on the platform are rappers 

• Like 4

Tanked.

How do you do Scarlet numbers after all the promo you've done for basically half a year 

• Haha 1

The weekend drop is going to be a mess in here :dies:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

When other female rappers do much better on Apple Music y’all call it payola, but when it’s Nicki…….. 😭:rip:

people are shading these numbers because y’all shade everybody. Cardi B did 27M in 2017 when Spotify was much smaller with 11 songs

And how did her last few songs do?

6 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

and barbs hated on Tate when she did 3 m less with 8 tracks less, 4 songs counted, half time being in the industry and with a second album, so pathetic guess it’s karma

I hope you’re enjoying inventing things in your head :rip:

1 minute ago, HEAVYONIT said:

We know you both are haters so take your victory lap if you’d like and come back when you’re ready to have a REAL discussion about realistic expectations for a 40 year old female rapper’s 5th album released 15-years deep into her career, the fact that she can ever keep up when all of her peers dream of these numbers :clap3:

But the Bawbz told me Nicki was as big as Beyonce and Rihanna so why are these numbers not reflecting that?

• Haha 3

Just now, YellowRibbon said:

Tanked.

How do you do Scarlet numbers after all the promo you've done for basically half a year 

Promo??? There has been no promo. Her on Twitter is not promo. Be real. The rollout has been a huge mess.

Very Very very very very local male Liz whatever rappers (somethin not even like 50% us 50% world but 85% 15%) can reach very fast number ones on Apple music, with mutiple songs in the top10.

What's strange if a Nicki album made it?.

Some month ago was proven an Ed Sheeran song is there the most streamed song of all time on AM and doesn't reach 1B total streams. So it's a big platform but also it's what it is. Also it's only very used in the Us, so pretty normal than spotify numbers can seem "not on pair".

Edited by vale9001
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, HEAVYONIT said:

I hope you’re enjoying inventing things in your head :rip:

check twitter bb, every tate post is filled with barbs

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nickimeetsatrl said:

The highest debut from Pf2 is not far from Bongos numbers :rip:

• Haha 3

Just now, abelfenty said:

But the Bawbz told me Nicki was as big as Beyonce and Rihanna so why are these numbers not reflecting that?

Girl what?? If you choose to believe delusional Barbz, that’s your problem and not mine….and don’t act like every fan base doesn’t have delusional fans. Be real.

1 minute ago, YellowRibbon said:

Tanked.

girl she did no promo 💀

• Confused 1

Just now, Nickimeetsatrl said:

bongos and hot **** debuted higher than all the songs here besides the drake collab (and bongos with the second one) they’re on the same boat

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.