• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AMIT

• dumbsparce

• Afterglow

• Homebrand

Didn't spotify just reported billions of profits last month? Tech companies is just so trashy and they're doing it right under their staff's nose. They fire people after their reach their bottom line and then redefine what is sufficient staff to make more for next year. They incrementally own the intellectual property built by the staff and then reduce that same staff.

• Like 1

Cameltoe Chariot

Apple Music is far superior, but people just can't let go of posting their annual Spotify Wrapped data that no one else reads

:suburban:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bentendo said:

Well, that’s probably not how those employees thought their year would be ~wrapped~

:redface::redface::redface:

37 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Apple Music is far superior, but people just can't let go of posting their annual Spotify Wrapped data that no one else reads

And the visuals get worse every year 

Why in the world was this year themed after sandwiches and MS paint?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

It happened because a lot of tech companies over hired during the pandemic

+ inflation 

4 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

+ inflation 

+ money is no longer free... higher interest rates

Tech companies heavily investing on AI just to cut costs by laying off people.

Truly disgusting.

None of ya'll have any idea how business work :deadbanana2: Restructures are always happening and especially this year with inflation and now that the Covid era is over. Literally so many major corporations are doing the same thing currently. 

7 hours ago, Homebrand said:

None of ya'll have any idea how business work :deadbanana2: Restructures are always happening and especially this year with inflation and now that the Covid era is over. Literally so many major corporations are doing the same thing currently. 

Would somebody please think of the major corporations? :monkey:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/4/2023 at 7:37 PM, harwee said:

Didn't spotify just reported billions of profits last month? Tech companies is just so trashy and they're doing it right under their staff's nose. They fire people after their reach their bottom line and then redefine what is sufficient staff to make more for next year. They incrementally own the intellectual property built by the staff and then reduce that same staff.

They also pay artists disproportionally a smaller amount per stream than Apple Music does in the States. I am not buying  they don't make much of profit BS either.

Edited by Aristotle

if only they didnt spend $200 million on joe rogan

26 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

Where did I imply that?

It's implied, it sounds like you're making up excuses for them. "It's just how business works!" has a very dark undertone when such is tied to people being able to pay their bills and buy food...

• Like 1

As a consumer, I really couldn't care less. I just want to listen to music for the lowest price possible. If that means people I'll never meet will be left jobless then so be it.

• Thumbs Down 4

8 minutes ago, AMIT said:

It's implied, it sounds like you're making up excuses for them. "It's just how business works!" has a very dark undertone when such is tied to people being able to pay their bills and buy food...

It’s not. My implication is that Spotify is not the only company laying off staff.

If you read my op again all I was saying is this is the norm for business. Restructuring and having a profitable business model for shareholders and investors too will always be a thing that companies are constantly reviewing. 

I never said it was a “good thing” for those affected but its reality unfortunately. 

20 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

As a consumer, I really couldn't care less. I just want to listen to music for the lowest price possible. If that means people I'll never meet will be left jobless then so be it.

Yikes, you're a terrible person. :biblio:

5 minutes ago, AMIT said:

Yikes, you're a terrible person. :biblio:

Are you 12? Will you be praying for them before you go to bed?

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Are you 12? Will you be praying for them before you go to bed?

No, I am a person with basic human empathy, while you are in here showing sociopathic tendencies on the internet thinking it makes you look edgy, but instead you just look like a loser. :coffee2:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.