Renaissance WT Movie struggles badly overseas, opens with 5.5M (official)

WildHeart

2 minutes ago, mrpartyrocker said:

Firstly, I did not spread any lies. I stated what happened at that time!

Secondly, stay on topic. This thread is about Bey and her “struggled” film. 

Oh I will. Your post wasn’t on topic anyways. Dragging swifties and calling them narcissists for no reason is not on topic. 
Anyways, on topic - film bombed outside US. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elincomprendid

• Alexz

• Cherish

• WildHeart

For a global superstar, she doesn't have global success. Mind you, the tour actually did well in Europe so the film should've done well there, too. 

• Like 4

Both are successful. I’d love to see how some of you haters in here would do at the box office with your films :santa:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I didn't make any narrative. It was you who tried to make a narrative when you said that "so essentially Beyonce was competing against films geared towards children" and implied that Eras was bigger thanks to children when in reality, it was bigger among every age group. 

You made a false claim and i wanted to quote that. I don't have to quote every part of your post, especially when it has nothing to do with the thread (international box office). 

I mean, all I did was copy a quote from the same article you posted - which explained why comparing Eras and Renaissance is non-sensical, which is what you were trying to do, no matter how much of this "I didn't say anything to compare11!!11!!" mentality you keep using. 

We all know her stats are padded and the media protects Beyoncé but this proves she ain’t no Michael Jackson . 

I loved renaissance but it’s clear she has a large niche audience 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, swissman said:

So if you understand how ATRL works, why are you telling Beyoncé fans to "move on" when they engage in a thread clearly intended to demean her?

that's what i tell Swifties too. Don't enter threads antagonizing your fave. It won't serve any purpose. 

3 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

I didn't make that statement, it is author's statement word for word. All i did was copy paste... 

IMG_6340.jpg

#4 in the UK and #6 in Australia is bad for Beyoncé because she relies too much on the english speaking countries.

Swifties are a very unique fanbase. They have a parasocial or very loyal relationship with tay similar to the believers, bts fans, pokemon ones. 
Im in a Taylor swift whatsapp group and i never been in such a passionate fangroup. They breath taylor swift. Is sometimes awesome but also scary
Something unseen with female pop singers :giraffe:  Beyonce is not doin bad  numbers for someone without that group of fans

We also forget how Beyonce pretty much stopped appealing to the charts from 2013 to 2022.
She just released artsy projects and dipped. The public is not remembering her as well. 
Her renaissance positions with singles,chart wise and tour were very very impressive for someone who didnt promote for years and was in the underground mostly.....

Taylor has been consistently in the picture since 2014. She's been releasing and havin big moments in Pop Culture and pushing for those Nr1 songs. 

The comparisons are not fair at all.  

Beyonce and Taylor are probably the only ones able to pull these numbers on Theathers. 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Swifties are a very unique fanbase. They have a parasocial or very loyal relationship with tay similar to the believers, bts fans, pokemon ones. 
Im in a Taylor swift whatsapp group and i never been in such a passionate fangroup. They breath taylor swift. Is sometimes awesome but also scary

Taylor has been actively working on this parasocial relationship since at least the Fearless era... Beyoncé went the opposite direction for the whole past decade with her goddess image and lack of fan interaction. I have no idea how people get that obsessed with a celebrity, it's weird, they need to be studied. Either way, does this topic really warrant 12 pages of discussion? :toofunny2:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TROJAN said:

Both are successful. I’d love to see how some of you haters in here would do at the box office with your films :santa:

I’d be straight to the $1 bin at Walmart. Buy 2 get 5 free :santa:

32 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Taylor has been actively working on this parasocial relationship since at least the Fearless era... Beyoncé went the opposite direction for the whole past decade with her goddess image and lack of fan interaction. I have no idea how people get that obsessed with a celebrity, it's weird, they need to be studied. Either way, does this topic really warrant 12 pages of discussion? :toofunny2:

I wanna be a Youtuber/TikToker in the future (next year) and i been designin my strategy to have a parasocial-friendship-cultish relationship with my followers like Taylor :gaycat3:

Im also studying influencers like Mr Beast / Ajay :gaycat5:  My target is the Gen Alpha

lpaDCxj.gif

Edited by AvadaKedavra

57 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Something unseen with female pop singers :giraffe:  Beyonce is not doin bad  numbers for someone without that group of fans

We also forget how Beyonce pretty much stopped appealing to the charts from 2013 to 2022.
She just released artsy projects and dipped. The public is not remembering her as well. 
Her renaissance positions with singles,chart wise and tour were very very impressive for someone who didnt promote for years and was in the underground mostly.....

Taylor has been consistently in the picture since 2014. She's been releasing and havin big moments in Pop Culture and pushing for those Nr1 songs. 

The comparisons are not fair at all.  

Beyonce and Taylor are probably the only ones able to pull these numbers on Theathers. 

tea. its honestly annoying that atrlers are acting like they don't understand this of all people. we are all aware of how bey handles her career in terms of promo and fan interaction vs how taylor does. it is day and night pretty much. so why expect comparable results? they do things differently.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yah

Hopes the film already had break even point 

With all the promos she's been having and her outrageous movie ticket price, she still can't reach 30M :bibliahh:

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 2

I mean I kinda get it. As others have said Bey’s entire brand is being out of touch and not connecting with the fans. Her own fans me included feel her career choices are odd and she doesn’t give anything outside of the music, so what’s an average Joe who knows Single Ladies and Love on Top going to feel about it?

I’m excited to see this film but it’s not even JUST the show like Eras was. A lot of people don’t care about her outside of the performances too. It’s not a great result but idk I totally expected it. She’s past her commercial peak and getting people outside of those who already attended the tour to the cinema for this was never going to be easy. :rip: If she wants to see success in the modern age she needs to work towards getting people back into her. Otherwise if she’s happy w her large concentrated audience away from the public she’s doing fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KillingYourCareer said:

The only thing that Taylor does is being down to earth and not being conceited despite her clearly huge and excessive fame and wealth, something that most other artists can't do. Is not about her actively working on a parasocial relationship or however you want to call it.

Now she can't act like a normal human being without you all trying to label it as a plan to create fandoms just cause other eccentric popstars brainwashed you all :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

tea. its honestly annoying that atrlers are acting like they don't understand this of all people. we are all aware of how bey handles her career in terms of promo and fan interaction vs how taylor does. it is day and night pretty much. so why expect comparable results? they do things differently.

Well so then when comparing them as popstars you admit Beyonce has a failure in reaching the public the way Taylor does lol

istg is not that hard to admit Beyonce fails in expanding her reach among people :rip:

It's kind of amazing to me how taylor swift subtly asked her fans to stop this and they just got worse.

Another example of Taylor being global AF. Oh wow.

FSDx9yi.gif

Congrats to the top 5. I wasn't expecting to see Miley in the 2nd spot. 

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, ronelmaano13 said:

For a global superstar, she doesn't have global success. Mind you, the tour actually did well in Europe so the film should've done well there, too. 

At least people knew about the tour and where to go to see it. The distribution here has been a mess so far. Many theatres only have like 3 screenings for the entire week and some like the closest to me kept telling me they won't show it until they announced that they will be showing the film less than a week before the premiere. I've heard other people be similarly confused about it. For example my friend went to see it in a nearby city but the screening started at 10 pm and she was scared she'd miss the end because she had to catch the last train home that night. It would do much better if the screenings weren't so limited.

2 hours ago, XAMJ said:

We all know her stats are padded and the media protects Beyoncé but this proves she ain’t no Michael Jackson . 

I loved renaissance but it’s clear she has a large niche audience 

Was the media buying her tour tickets? I don't know why people didn't show up at her movie, probably because her fanbase is older and has better things to do than go to a movie theater and singalong to a filmed concert, I know I would feel silly doing that outside of an actual concert atmosphere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.