Sabrina Carpenter compares her career with “The Tortoise and The Hare” on Vanity Fair

Julia Fox

i get what shes saying but she been out for a decade and the closest she got to a hit is Nonsense, which was a moderate success and autoplayed. she can make proud statements like this if she manages to actually breakthrough because now its simply social media hype and industry connections. Its giving white chloe bailey. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

She should wipe all her old music from spotify and pretend emails i cant send is her debut album. that other stuff is literally there taking up space. not a single soul listens to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 3

Singular is her best material and the fact that the hit from her last album was in the same vein as that era speaks volumes. She should go back to that sound.

I think she did a good job in building the emails era. I feel she got a lot of goodwill from new fans and she had a great level of exposure here in Brazil as a supporting act for Taylor. I had friends checking her out ever since. If she plays her cards right her next body of work can really break her to the GP. She has enough of a base for a healthy debut.

I personally don’t like emails, but that’s because I can’t stand Julia Michaels songwriting. Even her track in GUTS is a huge no and skip for me…

6 minutes ago, houdini said:

She should wipe all her old music from spotify and pretend emails i cant send is her debut album. that other stuff is literally there taking up space. not a single soul listens to it.

I forgot that emails isn't her debut :deadbanana2:

5 minutes ago, houdini said:

I wonder where would she be right now had she not signed to Hollywood Records and drop music as an artist divorced from the Disney machinery. She seems to have a personality that is larger than that little box they put artists in

• Like 1

She's doing well enough and is having great support behind her. She went from absolutely no one across her first 4 albums to having some support and virality

Singular is amazing and deserved a proper push.

5 minutes ago, xluvxduffxmusicx said:

Singular is her best material and the fact that the hit from her last album was in the same vein as that era speaks volumes. She should go back to that sound.

Yeah and Feather went viral too. I'm sure she's realised that's the sound people want from her. Emails was still good overall though, it just wasn't as instant as the Singular albums 

1 minute ago, americanlife said:

I forgot that emails isn't her debut :deadbanana2:

It is her first album that isn’t released on Hollywood Music. Signing with Hollywood Records is instant career suicide. You can never really recover from that image of a disney girl and i believe sabrina also had zero artistic control during those first 5 albums. Olivia made the right choice signing with Geffen because she knew that if she would also sign with Hollywood Records after leaving the Disney Channel, she would’ve still been stuck making disney soundtrack music until she’s 25 like sabrina was

4 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I wonder where would she be right now had she not signed to Hollywood Records and drop music as an artist divorced from the Disney machinery. She seems to have a personality that is larger than that little box they put artists in

if she had taken some better songwriting courses she would’ve probably been much bigger. kinda like a mini christina aguilera of gen-z

• Like 1

Just now, houdini said:

if she had taken some better songwriting courses she would’ve probably been much bigger. kinda like a mini christina aguilera of gen-z

I think she needs better collaborators. Maybe the rise in her profile and Taylor networking will work in her favor for a next album, although Gracie’s album with Aaron was pretty mediocre 🫣

2 minutes ago, houdini said:

It is her first album that isn’t released on Hollywood Music. Signing with Hollywood Records is instant career suicide. You can never really recover from that image of a disney girl and i believe sabrina also had zero artistic control during those first 5 albums. Olivia made the right choice signing with Geffen because she knew that if she would also sign with Hollywood Records after leaving the Disney Channel, she would’ve still been stuck making disney soundtrack music until she’s 25 like sabrina was

The crazy thing is tho Island Records is usually very bad at promoting artists, but so far they've been doing really good with Sabrina.

She found a good sound with Nonsense and Feather, it's like a lite Ariana Grande sound, and people want that since Ariana has been in hiatus.

20 minutes ago, houdini said:

i agree to this a lot of peiplw thinks email is her debut ( including me)

Emails era was definitely huge for her career, it's been amazing to watch her slowly rise more and more over the past year.

Can't wait for what's next :clap3:

5 minutes ago, Erotic said:

her career doesn’t really exist so using a fable as reference makes sense 

Now comments like this… make absolutely no sense when she’s releasing music, touring and is she weren’t actively working on music, she’d be filming projects as she’s also an actress and doesn’t have a hard time booking roles.

1 hour ago, houdini said:

Not when sue me is her best song.  It she can delete the rest of it though

1 hour ago, houdini said:

Ah the Dove Cameron print! But we would lose too many bops if this happened…

Good for Sabrina for standing by her work :clap3:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, orange22 said:

spacer.png

not with the “Songs about Sabrina” avi sis… 

sis plsss... that album ended the favs of every single atrl user.

Seeing her eras concert clips made me very excited for her as an artist. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.