The Weeknd donates $2.5M towards humanitarian aid in Gaza

airplane

The United Nations World Food Programme announced on Friday (Dec. 1) that WFP Goodwill Ambassador The Weeknd (who now goes by his birth name, Abel Tesfaye) has directed $2.5 million from his XO Humanitarian Fund to aid the WFP’s humanitarian response in Gaza.

https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/the-weeknd-donating-4-million-emergency-meals-gaza-1235521085/amp/

Edited by airplane
  • Like 5

Isn’t this huge?

This is the first time I see an artist this big actually donating to Palestine 

Others have been barely able to say something 

• Like 4

And suddenly, i forgot about The Idol's existence :clap3:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Isn’t this huge?

This is the first time I see an artist this big actually donating to Palestine 

Others have been barely able to say something 

true or most of them think they have to donate an equal amount to Israel which just whitewashes their crimes and makes it seem like this is an equal footing type of tragedy when what Palestinians are experiencing is literally ETHNIC CLEANSING. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

And suddenly, i forgot about The Idol's existence :clap3:

came to say this :clap3:

Never been more proud to be an XO fan:clap3:Abel is nothing like the two characters he depicts in his music and the idol but a lot of people seem to forget that fact. Not a single person, man or woman, who has ever worked with Abel, has called him anything less than a gentleman and a joy to be around. It is high time people stop slandering the man and questioning who he is as a person because he embodies darkness through his art, he has said countless times that The Weeknd and Tedros are fictional characters but it still needs to be drilled into some peoples heads.

Edited by 4th Time Around
  • Like 4

King. His girlfriend has been a huge source of info about the situation among celebrities/influencers. 

I'm so glad that the tide is starting to turn where big names are going forward with recognizing the plight in Gaza. Also saw today that Olivia Colman signed a petition in response to Marissa Barrera's firing from Scream

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.