Isn’t it too early for Christmas songs dominating charts?

kellebrity98

Tate McRae’s Greedy is still number one on the Global Spotify Charts but only with 50,000 streams ahead of All I Want for Christmas is You. Isn’t it too early?

Well, Christmas songs just keeps getting bigger each year and the charts have been pretty weak lately, so it checks out the domination would start even earlier. 

I don't like it but it is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last year we got big hits in q4 to stop domination so early but well 

• Thanks 1

It is too early and I think it leads to over-saturation! I’m tired of all these songs already. If I listen to them 1 time for me it’s more than enough.

And I saw a new Xmas movie already on Netflix, my God how can they be so bad? The one with Brandy! I mean I LOVE Brandy and I’m happy she got work and it was nice to hear her gorgeous voice but all these Xmas movies, like the one one with Lindsay Lohan too! What a disaster!

• Thanks 1

Aren’t hot 100 points at an all-time low currently? That probably explains it.

• Like 1

Every year it comes earlier and earlier. We will be listening to Mariah’s AIWFC in July by 2050, I fear

As long as y’all give Omanko by Sky Ferreira some streams I don’t care.

• Thanks 2

Christmas music is much better than most of the garbage that is currently smashing so I’m glad it’s starting its dominance early 

• Thumbs Down 1

No, it's almost December. It's already started to snow here in my area. I think it's the right time.

Edited by Anthinos

It's after Thanksgiving, so no. That said, Thanksgiving was about as early as it can be in the month.

I mean it’s almost December, and most retail stores have been playing Christmas songs for weeks now, so I’m not surprised they’re already starting to chart 

imo, it is Christmas time now that American Thanksgiving is over.

So no, this feels like the right time and isn’t too early 

Yes, it's honestly annoying as hell. Personally I don't start listening to Christmas music until like one or at most two weeks before the 24th, and I stop on the 26th. 

• Like 1

Yes, and it’s honestly surprising to me how much Americans and Europeans are obsessed with Christmas music. Here in Latin America, we only start to listen to Christmas music like 5 days before the actual christmas, I guess the cold weather makes you guys enjoy Christmas for a longer time. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.