speak for yourself :biblio:

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, May said:

speak for yourself :biblio:

519309E6-5A5C-4FCB-A352-5CEF1B5358E9.thu

• Haha 9

I have never understood the train of thought that just because we're small in comparison to the rest of the universe it means we're nothing. It's just not true!

I'm a living being, I think, I feel, I can interact with my surroundings. I have an impact on the universe, no matter how small. 

And it's possible (not likely but possible) that we're the only life in the universe. We're certainly the only life in this corner of it. Wouldn't that mean that we are EVERYTHING? There are whole galaxies out there just waiting for US

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I have never understood the train of thought that just because we're small in comparison to the rest of the universe it means we're nothing. It's just not true!

I'm a living being, I think, I feel, I can interact with my surroundings. I have an impact on the universe, no matter how small. 

And it's possible (not likely but possible) that we're the only life in the universe. We're certainly the only life in this corner of it. Wouldn't that mean that we are EVERYTHING? There are whole galaxies out there just waiting for US

You sound like you have a huge ego. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 3

people taking it literally, it's a hyperbole. :skull: cool video.

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

You sound like you have a huge ego. 

And you sound like you have poor comprehension skills. My post wasn't about me, it was about the whole human race as well as every animal and plant on our planet

• Like 1

The scale of our world is truly terrifying and the fact that our universe constantly expanding :eek:

Sometimes I wish I was born 100-200 years later into the future, when space travel hopefully becomes more advanced and accessible for ordinary humans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

Like there's no way we are the only one living in this universe.

I've always thought this. The Universe is far too big for us to be the only ones.

• Like 1

wow and to think our faves’ radio waves are traveling all that distance

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sailor Moon said:

Like there's no way we are the only one living in this universe.

I also don't believe that we are alone in the universe. Estimates suggest there are at least 100 billion planets in the Milky Way. I wouldn't be surprised if we found life in the Milky Way.

25 minutes ago, brokee said:

The thought of how big the universe is terrifying  

So you wouldn't bottom for him?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

And we're in the same universe that has Lorde :eek:

like how blessed is this omfg :clap3: suddenly we believe in god & love ha :heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.