Katy's "Walking on Air" Fan Made MV Concept

Fastlane

The monster hit that got away. What was she thinking? Like… seriously :rip:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tistotal said:

Cute, is it yours? Liked the remix, it’s giving Play

No-no, I found it today on my YouTube section and was shocked how good it was.  

14 minutes ago, superben said:

Snubbing Walking On Air and Legendary Lovers for Birthday and How Do We Do is just :rip: 

It spelled the beginning of the end of her career.

To this day, I still don't understand how she could shelve WOA and LL in favor of Birthday and Disease How We Do. :rip:

• Like 2

First appropriating Ancient Egyptian culture with the Dark Horse MV, Japanese culture with the Unconditionally kimono fiasco and now Ancient Greek culture with this? 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

WAIT what is this account?? :ahh:

• Haha 1

I wish she really released this song as a single back then so everyone could actually see how hard it was going to flop. Its cheap and bad. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 8

Such a dumb decision to not make this a single

So the last third of the video is Kylie's All the Lovers? :giraffe:

27 minutes ago, Klein said:

To this day, I still don't understand how she could shelve WOA and LL in favor of Birthday and Disease How We Do. :rip:

I think (this is just my gut feel) part of it had also to do with the fact that she was frustrated that the GP wasn’t responding to Unconditionally (she loved that song and she really wanted it to become a hit) and instead kept pushing for Dark Horse. I think after that she kind of rebelled and said ‘no we’re gonna do what I wanna do this time and I’m not settling for another single anymore’

Makes sense in hindsight but it was a terrible decision in the long run :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

Walking on Air and Legendary Lovers would have kept the era slaying. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised more aren't doing music videos using all the things that are available today like Unreal Engine or Unity. People used to use the Sims 2 or 3 back in the early days of YT.

It definitely would have hit and that would have been a good thing since one of the songwriters was recently found in a homeless encampment. Hindsight is 20/20.

1 hour ago, superben said:

Snubbing Walking On Air and Legendary Lovers for Birthday and How Do We Do is just :rip: 

It spelled the beginning of the end of her career.

Birthday is a good song. Definitely more commercial than Walking on Air. A diva house track would’ve been DOA for her that era lmao

I like both but Birthday is a bit better.

Edited by KMO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fingerprints

Hummingbird Heartbeat

Walking On Air

Roulette

Tucket

She always manages to give us a non single gem :jonny:

I was revisiting Prism last week, and Walking On Air definitely should’ve been a single, I think the house diva sound would’ve made it fresh to the causal listener in the 2010’s

• Like 1

Katy's post-Teenage Dream career is just an endless list of missed opportunities :gaycat6:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KMO said:

Birthday is a good song. Definitely more commercial than Walking on Air. A diva house track would’ve been DOA for her that era lmao

Please, birthday is a cute track but nothing more. It’s actually pretty regressive for her at that stage in her career and easily worse than any of the singles from TD or OOTBs.  
I don’t understand the narrative that WOA would of flopped because it’s “too gay” or “diva house”, it’s easily one of the catchiest songs from the album and brought force a slightly new sound (and growth) that Katy obviously needed at that stage of her career.

Birthday and TIHWD were actually the start of her public imagine decline, as her audience was maturing and she was seemingly getting more childish. 

-

OT

Yes this is very similar to how I imagined the MV could have been! Just obviously more original. 

• Thanks 1

Imo the singles should've been:

Roar - African appropriation

Uncle - Japanese appropriation

Dark Horse - Egyptian appropriation

Walking On Air - Greek appropriation

Legendary Lovers - Indian appropriation

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Tasty said:

It's giving G.U.Y., also the outfits and choreo are tacky, but the disco transition was cute.

Yes, with a little bit of Kylie's "All the Lovers"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.