Dua Lipa questions Apple CEO about child labor practices in the Congo

DAP

Let's be real. Whether this is PR or not, the fact that Apple even allowed this question is still shocking because corporations like them won't even acknowledge all the sh*tty exploitative things they do, even in staged "face-to-face" interviews

This is not designed for folks who already know what’s up. It’s for liberals, especially western liberals, who need a way to be invited over to the side of reality, which is the humanitarian crisis and genocide that are happening in Congo

This is about as pro-Congo liberation as you can get in western mainstream media, sadly

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

This is not designed for folks who already know what’s up. It’s for liberals, especially western liberals, who need a way to be invited over to the side of reality, which is the humanitarian crisis and genocide that are happening in Congo

Anyone stumbling into this interview and just listening to what the Apple CEO said will probably take his words at face value leading them to believe it's not a big deal and that Apple is ensuring they aren't engaging in those practices again. It won't actually matter because Dua didn't challenge him on it or tried to receive assurances that Apple would stay away from Congo and benefiting from child labor.

• Like 1

Definitely staged, I saw smaller artists' interviews backstage and everything is agreed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She is way too weak to ask a question like that as a result of her own curiosity. And she is way too bad at acting to make someone believe this is not a staged and cheap PR. What a brainwashed troll. I guess that happens when you have too much money and are drunk two times a week since 2020.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

On that sheet of questions was not a single word that wasn't discussed with Apple before the interview. 

• Like 1

I thought she was going in until it seem the CEO actually had that response very rehearsed to save face :deadbanana2:

Edited by BrokenMachine

this was pr promo. 

He's the CEO of the biggest company in the world, no way did Apple not pre-approve all questions, including this one.

Nevertheless, it's still a big deal to interview him, so congrats to Dua. :clap3:

• Like 1

Fake or not at least somebody has talked about this in the media. Literally millions of Africans (not just in the Congo) have died and been enslaved so we can lineup for tablets and cell phones and talk about pop girls on ATRL.

It's been happening longer than anyone can imagine and we all ignore it and only care about our own sociopolitical issues. 

• Like 1

Honestly Congo is going through a lot right now. And dua is bringing awareness. I never knew about the cobalt crises until this thrad.

also right now in Congo almost 7 million of them are being displaced!! It is an atrocity! 

14 hours ago, ket said:

Disgusting of dua to partake in this if its staged

Anything for a playlist placement! 

Red Carpet Inspiration GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

• Like 1

I work as an editor for a PR team. Trust me when I say that all of this stuff is staged and agreed upon before.

• Like 1

It's 2023 and ATRLers are just finding out interviews are pre-planned? :toofunny3: 

Wait before they find out that pop girls also know exactly what they're gonna be asked in any single interview they do. Gasp! 

21 minutes ago, Hurem said:

It's 2023 and ATRLers are just finding out interviews are pre-planned? :toofunny3: 

Wait before they find out that pop girls also know exactly what they're gonna be asked in any single interview they do. Gasp! 

It's not about the interview being pre planned,  its about the topic at hand, apple doesn't care about child labour and the displacement of congolese people

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.