+1000 Taylor Swift fans fainted at today's concert in Rio de Janeiro. One girl died.

aotearoa

5 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

This is so sad. Apparently it was around 140 F / 60 C which is unbearable.

Rest in peace to the fan.

Girl there is literally NO way :rip:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• Raphy23

• Ash12345

• cat1867

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

It seems like next week there will be a cold front in Sao Paulo

Thank you!! He’s going with his sister who had surgery 2 weeks ago for a burst appendix. And their goal is to stand right at the front of the stage. 

but this is SOO sad. RIP to the girl and I hope everyone else is ok! :heart2:

Is this an open air stadium or closed roof?

2 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

140??!!! That’s literally unbearable wtf

2 minutes ago, DougAF said:

Girl there is literally NO way :rip:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/11/17/2206375/-Heat-Index-in-Rio-de-Janeiro-hits-137-3-degrees-Fahrenheit

Heat Index in Rio de Janeiro hits 137.3 degrees Fahrenheit.

More than a hundred million people in Brazil endure extraordinary and lethal temperatures. The heat index, a combination of temperature and humidity, shattered records in Rio de Janeiro with 108.5 degrees and a feel-like temperature of 137.3 F.

It's all alleged at the moment I hope it's not true.

Edited by Taeyong

Apparently it's fake?! The fire department says they've not been called to any occurrence in the concert's venue.

3 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Is this an open air stadium or closed roof?

Open air 

11 minutes ago, houdini said:

Well there it goes. something was very wrong for over a 1000 people to get injured and one person to die in a cruel way like this. Taylor should put out a statement.

I don’t agree with the way brasil does its stadium concerts. The entire floor is standing. People camp out for days (or longer) to be right up at the front of the stage. And it gets SO crowded and ppl push push and shove to get as close as possible. At the front it’s like sardines, you can’t move or breathe. People don’t drink or pee for the entire day!!!

These are not safe conditions and stadiums should put in measures to mitigate these extreme behaviours and conditions at the stadiums. 

Edited by Raphy23
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

OH MY GOD!!! 60° IS TOO MUCH!

I'm in a Taylor Swift group here in Colombia. Some of them traveled to Brazil and were sharing how they almost fainted because the water was like drinking hot tea. It was scorching hot, and you couldn't breathe  :giraffe:

One fan also mentioned feeling real sad because he was only able to stand the heat till the Reputation era part. He almost fainted-was goin crazy so he had to leave. :chick2:

Edited by AvadaKedavra

Here in Rio is currently wayyyyy too hot, like the hottest its been for MONTHS. Over 1k people passed out during the concert, according to the local news

Taylor was constantly worried and even threw bottles of water but there's nothing more she could do, the ones in charge of the stadium and safety should've known better.

RIP to her :'(

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, _love_pop_girls_ said:

That's so sad. I am going to see her in Sao Paulo and I am worried now

She will probably cancel her shows here if its true

That's very sad, RIP

13 minutes ago, Taeyong said:

140 F??????? Wouldn't that be the hottest temperature ever recorded on earth?

• Confused 1

Btw apparently tomorrow it'll be even hotter so the production team of the stadium has to do something about it before it turns into an Astroworld mess. People were literally begging for water

3 minutes ago, Taylena said:

Apparently it's fake?! The fire department says they've not been called to any occurrence in the concert's venue.

So, what’s the truth?

Just now, Miichael said:

That's very sad, RIP

I think it's a "feels-like" temperature with air, humidity and crowding, but it's not far off. It's bad enough for many fans to have passed out :sad:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Oh this is tragic.  What was the stadium management doing about the heat? 

nothing

it's an open-air stadium

and the country is facing an atypical weather phenomenon, not cruel summer yet 

Just now, Lady Claire said:

Btw apparently tomorrow it'll be even hotter so the production team of the stadium has to do something about it before it turns into an Astroworld mess. People were literally begging for water

She needs to reschedule tbh.

15 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Oh this is tragic.  What was the stadium management doing about the heat? 

Nothing. 

taylor had to beg them to give out water bottles.

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

That's very sad, RIP

It was at 140F at the stadium (amount of people together). In a desert, of course it recorded more than in Rio (out of the stadium)

Here some comments from the guys in my whatsapp group :giraffe:

"The premium track was crowded with people all packed together, the heat was unbearable, and you couldn't leave because you'd lose your spot. They don't allow water in because they have a monopoly on all the drinks inside, which cost around 7-8 reais. I didn't buy water; I bought sodas, and don't even try to drink water from the bathroom tap—it's horrible.

I was in the stands, and even then, there were moments of intense heat.

A friend was in the track area and was struggling; many times, he told me he felt like he was about to faint and had to drink a lot of water.

Yes, because the stadium authorities and the concert producer denied entry of water to the Swifties. Even Taylor had to distribute water due to the heatwave"  :chick3:

With this lack or organization and this death. I wonder if she will just never return to latinoamerica :emofish:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

I don’t agree with the way brasil does its stadium concerts. The entire floor is standing. People camp out for days (or longer) to be right up at the front of the stage. And it gets SO crowded and ppl push push and shove to get as close as possible. People don’t drink or pee for the entire day!!! These are not safe conditions and stadiums should put in measures to mitigate these extreme behaviours and conditions at the stadiums. 

I think they'll learn 

the authorities will be stricter, I hope

3 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

They don't allow water in because they have a monopoly on all the drinks inside, which cost around 7-8 reais. I didn't buy water; I bought sodas, and don't even try to drink water from the bathroom tap—it's horrible.

Yes, because the stadium authorities and the concert producer denied entry of water to the Swifties. Even Taylor had to distribute water due to the heatwave"  :chick3:

Oh my ******* god is this literally a human rights violation

9 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

I don’t agree with the way brasil does its stadium concerts. The entire floor is standing. People camp out for days (or longer) to be right up at the front of the stage. And it gets SO crowded and ppl push push and shove to get as close as possible. At the front it’s like sardines, you can’t move or breathe. People don’t drink or pee for the entire day!!!

These are not safe conditions and stadiums should put in measures to mitigate these extreme behaviours and conditions at the stadiums. 

I’m sorry but I don’t think this is the time to critic Brazilians ways to go to a concert, this clearly is out of “basic people” reach.

This is just a case of horrible management from the producers. Brazilians have held standing pits for years, that’s not the issue and using this context to express your “disapproval” of a “tradition” you are not part of seems a little dehumanizing and rude 

• Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.