What was your most useful/intelligent purchase ?

MoonGoodandHappy

What was your most useful purchase ? :giraffe:

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy

Getting Lasik eye surgery. I don't have to deal with ordering contacts or getting new prescription glasses. And I see better than 20/20 vision. 

Also, getting surgery for GERD/acid reflux. I now have only occasional acid reflux (which is normal). 

These two surgeries cost a pretty penny, and only one was covered by insurance, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 

Edited by zasderfght
  • Like 5

My best purchase that I use almost daily was a good condition Le Creuset dutch oven that I found at a thrift store for $4. I also thrifted an authentic Bottega Veneta bag for $2 but I don't really use it all that much. 

4 minutes ago, zasderfght said:

Getting Lasik eye surgery. I don't have to deal with ordering contacts or getting new prescription glasses. And I see better than 20/20 vision. 

Also, getting surgery for GERD/acid reflux. I now have only occasional acid reflux (which is normal). 

These two surgeries cost a pretty penny, and only one was covered by insurance, but if I had to do it all over again, I would in a heartbeat. 

I also got lasik and could not be happier to have done it. I recommend it to anyone who is able to get it done!

• Thanks 1

Airpods pro 2 have saved my life on countless occasions, they work even better than earplugs so they've helped me get to sleep when my neighbors are noisy or when I'm on a plane :giraffe: I'm staying in a place right now that's right in front of a construction site and they've been a godsend

• Haha 1

Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro have saved my life on countless occasions, they work even better than earplugs so they've helped me get to sleep when my neighbors are noisy or when I'm on a plane :giraffe: I'm staying in a place right now that's right in front of a construction site and they've been a godsend

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A Frappuccino. 

A compact steamer instead of an iron

Lasko Oscillating Ceramic Tower Space Heater for Home with Adjustable Thermostat, Timer and Remote Control, 22.5 Inches, Grey/Black, 1500W, 751320 have saved my life on countless occasions, they work even better than earplugs so they've helped me get to sleep when my neighbors are noisy or when I'm on a plane :giraffe: I'm staying in a place right now that's right in front of a construction site and they've been a godsend

• Like 1

Good quality clothing. Keeping a small closet, but with good pieces that last years is so nice. It can cost a bit but you aren’t buying them all the time. 

I also learned to take care of clothing by learning about how to care and clean certain fabrics. 

Spyro Reignited Trilogy back in late 2018. Every time my OCD goes mad, that game helps me lay it down. Summer Forest in particular. 

On 11/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, zasderfght said:

On 11/15/2023 at 8:13 AM, JanStan said:

I also got lasik and could not be happier to have done it. I recommend it to anyone who is able to get it done!

Ugh I wanna get lasik too because I have how inconvenient wearing glasses is (after over a decade, lol), especially during the lockdowns. However, my face looks empty and my eyes look sad without them lol

OT: Getting a brand-new car. It’s my first car and I’m glad to get one new because I don’t have to worry if anything is not working properly. Also, I get three-year roadside assistance for free!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.