Ice Spice - 'Y2K!'

kyliefever2002

**** every song has me SHAKING. BOP AFTER BOP :jonny5:the helllll i hope she does just 1 more album after this 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KatyPrismSpirit

• SmittenCake

• liquiddiamonds

• Alex

the album duration is 20 minutes? 

that's pathetic 

• Like 1

Damn 20 minutes for an album is crazy. That's about the length of Purr! (5 songs) and Scarlet 2 (7 songs) :dies:

I remember Nicki saying something about the label forcing her to do a 10 track album but she fought to

have a longer album. Maybe Icy should have signed :celestial5:

Spoiler

:fonso:

Waiting till midnight 

42 minutes ago, Fancyhoodlum said:

the album duration is 20 minutes? 

that's pathetic 

this some tierra whack mixtape length :deadbanana2:

The album tracks >> the singles (besides did it first, which is the best song on here)

20 minutes :rip:

These are some excellent drill music. Pop fans know nothing lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

All of the songs sound the same :rip: 

• Thumbs Down 1

Worst album of the decade possibly and also Nicki should sue for the amount of times she stole flow/bars tbh 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

13 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

maybe im tasteless but i enjoyed the whole thing

xfq96o.png 

you were right I bopped through all 20 mins lol 

• Like 1

No rap girls this decade have been able to serve what this served on tracks 2 through 7 - EXCELLENCE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So she's basically farting in my ear the whole album? 

:suburban:

BB Belt is the **** tho! 

Edited by formlessminutiae

• ATRL Moderator

Easily the worst album of the year. Those 23 minutes were so long my goodness. Completely lifeless in comparison to Like

******* switchin but they wasnt trans is such a LINE

this album has hits, despite the sloppy singles this album is solid so many bangers

Metacritic: 71

Reviews:

The Guardian: 3/5

Rolling Stone: 3.5/5

Independent: 4/5

NME: 3/5

Clash: 7/10

11 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Y'all I just listened to the whole thing since it's past midnight here and I am SHOCKED... :eek:

New songs are so surprising because they all have Yeat / Playboi Carti like instrumentals, the beats are just so good and she's trying a new flow on all of them and she sounds good too. Worst new song is the Travis feature imo, but this is not surprising since he doesn't have a good feature run. All the new tracks are better than the singles, from the singles I expected an Ice Spice we all already knew but this is all new, experimental and good.... Loved it :jonny2: a fire debut album

:clap3: :heart:

forgot to say that it ends Like..? with ease (they're not even close) so i'm surprised by some replies here saying Like is better? :rip:

there are some songs i definitely liked and will add to my rotation, i really do not like fart and gimmie though like at all and the song that came after them on the tracklist joined them cause she do not need to be yelling like that fr fr :rip: all in all it's an alright project 

23 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

forgot to say that it ends Like..? with ease (they're not even close) so i'm surprised by some replies here saying Like is better? :rip:

Deli, Princess Diana and How High alone wash this album what? I'm disappointed her EP ended up being better than her album, girlie lost the plot fr.  :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

Deli, Princess Diana and How High alone wash this album what? I'm disappointed her EP ended up being better than her album, girlie lost the plot fr.  :deadbanana2:

***** I'm Packin' or Oh Shhh alone washes those three :rip: especially How High is almost unlistenable with that pop wannabe cringe instrumental and corny flow

The album is definitely more original and way more fresh than the Like EP

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

***** I'm Packin' or Oh Shhh alone washes those three :rip: especially How High is almost unlistenable with that pop wannabe cringe instrumental and corny flow

The album is definitely more original and way more fresh than the Like EP

***** I'm Packin' sounds like a bad attempt at Doja's Demons flow, and How High is maybe her only lyrically meaningful song like whatttt you can't be serious boo :deadvision:

She tries to flex here way more than on Like?… For that only I think it's the best project. You can tell some Nicki/Carti influence on her flow in some songs and it's a nice switch. 

But Did It First is head and shoulders above everything else. No wonder it's the only song taking off. Jersey Club fits her very well. NY Drill limits her and she's already limited with topics. She should've invested in other club variations (Atlanta Bass, Jersey Club). First half sounds like one long drill song. Some parts are fine others are redundant. Second half is way more varied. Fart has a GREAT beat, too bad the lyrics were about fart and **** lol But nothing beats Did it First. She should drop another project earlier next year if she wants to have shelf life

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay but i've been shitting on this album in the thread the entire time without talking about the songs I actually enjoy lol oops.

TTYL, Did It First, Oh Shhh are the ones i'm taking and running :jamming:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.