Am I the only one who always laugh at the worst time/serious moments?

MoonGoodandHappy

2 days ago, a member of my family got scammed by someone and could have big problems/money problems and I laughed for hours to her face, I thought I was going to die because I coudnt even breath, it was non stop laughing in front of her. :rip: I felt so bad after. But I always have nervous laugh at serious moments.

And it always happen at the worst/most serious moments. It's terrible.

What about you ? :clown:

Edited by MoonGoodandHappy
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

yes, ur the only one

• Haha 1

Just now, ks_dollar said:

yes, ur the only one

ks_dollar:

spacer.png

MoonGoodandHappy: 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 8

i laugh when im nervous.

once someone broke into my house and i couldnt stop laughing when i needed to be quiet but it worked because they left 

654E0ED6-AD5C-42EC-BB48-B0A9EFCAB173.thu

I always laugh when things get too deep or someone tries to have a serious conversation with me, it’s a coping mechanism 

spacer.png

It's normal to chuckle at the "wrong" time cause that's how we cope with awkward/sad/shocking things but laughing at her face for hours sounds mental to me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daddy said:

It's normal to chuckle at the "wrong" time cause that's how we cope with awkward/sad/shocking things but laughing at her face for hours sounds mental to me. 

:skull:

Yes you're definitely the only one and no one did this before it's shocking tbh :eek:

4 minutes ago, Daddy said:

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/516446/theres-psychological-reason-you-laugh-worst-times

No it's normal.

4 minutes ago, MoonGoodandHappy said:

I know, I said that and I do that too but for hours is indeed mental (the link to neurodiversity is apparent and also mentioned in the article)

Laughing at the wrong time is a pretty widespread phenomenon but pissing yourself for hours is wild.

6 minutes ago, SapphireSky said:

A little laugh is normal but laughing in her face for hours is something else.. very psychotic 

OMG the "for hours" was a bit excessive. In reality it was like 25 minutes...

I think it depends on the severity of the situation. If I was informed that somebody had passed away, I can’t imagine my first instinct being to laugh, but, if somebody I knew had been scammed it might make me laugh. I’d also expect them to laugh at me if I was scammed though… :deadbanana:

I sometimes do. 

I remember two weeks ago my boss told me he had no money and i had to laugh so loud. I thought it was a joke. No one else was laughing.. why must be tell us that he doesn’t have money though :deadbanana:

50 minutes ago, Amaranth said:

You’re not the only one to do anything, you aren’t special. :bird:

1 hour ago, oduplomarte said:

yeah, you are so special

one of a kind

ugh-wendy.gif

• Haha 1

My colleague was telling another colleague how sad and worried she has been this past week because her dog is sick.  When she said her dog "is not even having her period anymore", I burst out laughing then stopped abruptly when I realised I was being insensitive. :skull: They both looked at me funny and I felt embarrassed and immature. :chick3:

I like to laugh. I have the loudest most obnoxious i-don't-care-who-is-around kind of laugh. I'm laughing right now for no reason whatsoever.

I really don’t understand the sassy or just downright rude behavior from people replying to the OP’s question. It’s this very reason I’ve stopped asking non-music questions, because most people on this forum think it’s okay to “school people” and couch it as “brutal honesty.” Being a mean gay is not a personality. 

Edited by zasderfght

i tend to do this too. 

one time at a meeting my boss started going off on a newcomer out of nowhere and i felt so awkward that i just bursted out laughing. i must've seemed like such an a**hole. i also had the reputation of being serious and never smiling at work so that made it worse :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.