Gay man's corpse is dug up and set on fire while hundreds of people celebrate

Talento

Footage from Senegal shows the body of a man being exhumed and set on fire in the street after locals are said to have found out he was gay, in a case that has shocked the West African country.

Four men have been arrested in connection with the incident, though images from the scene show a crowd of hundreds gathering around the fire.

The 31-year-old man, named locally as Cheikh Fall, had been buried in Léona Niassene cemetery in the central Senegalese town of Kaolack on Friday evening.

According to local media, his family had tried to arrange a burial in nearby Touba, which is the holy city of the Islamic Mouride brotherhood.

However, the local authorities refused after learning the man was gay, so the family instead tried to inter him close to their home.

When the local community objected to that, they decided to perform the burial in secret at Léona Niassene cemetery.

But around 24 hours later, the body was exhumed and set alight in front of the large crowd.

Abasse Yaya Wane, the head of the Kaolack Public Prosecutor’s Office, said: ‘These extremely serious acts, which amount to barbarism, challenge the authorities and cannot go unpunished.’

In Senegal, a conservative Muslim-majority country, same-sex sexual activity is illegal for both men and women.

Those found guilty can face five years’ imprisonment, with the Human Dignity Trust saying LGBTQ+ people are ‘frequently subject to arrest and arbitrary detention where they are vulnerable to torture’.

In February last year, thousands of people gathered in Dakar, the capital of Senegal, to call for harsher punishments for LGBTQ+ people.

Ngoné Dia, a university student who took part in the demonstration, told VOA News: ‘We want them to be imprisoned, even if it’s forever. Senegal is a homophobic country and we’re proud to say it.’

https://metro.co.uk/2023/11/02/senegal-mans-body-dug-up-burned-lgbtq-19759923/

Edited by Talento
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Itsaliability

• Talento

• Communion

• Mastamaind

drop the N bomb now

edit: N for nontheism btw :bird:

Edited by truthteller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Blue Monday said:

The only thing that soothes me when I look at stuff like this is remembering that none of these monsters will ever see heaven :heart:

girl, nobody will see heaven.

• Like 13
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Zaram said:

girl, nobody will see heaven.

Not the point but thanks for the reminder 

• Like 3

I saw the video weeks ago and it really really disturbed me (especially the size of the crowd & how EUPHORIC all those people looked).

I hope the queer people stuck there will be able to accept safely.

• Like 5

I’m sick to my stomach, why are humans so brutal and hateful, this genuinely made me feel so sick 

• Like 2

Guys if you’re sensitive to brutal things don’t watch the video, i don’t feel ok after i watched 2 seconds 

11 minutes ago, truthteller said:

drop the N bomb now

Moderators HELPPP

Not surprised :rip:

13 minutes ago, truthteller said:

drop the N bomb now

what do you mean????? :deadvision:

the same country who didn’t consider rape an imprisonable offence until 2020 you could literally get more jail time for stealing livestock than raping a woman  :redface:

Edited by Yoko
  • Like 8

Maybe the npc theory is not that wrong

These are not people, they are not even animals

They are just a piece of meat with no soul or purpose in this world

A waste of space

• Like 11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.