Which pop girl relies on streaming farms the most?

Marry The Gods

Thread title  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Thread title

And don't just name any pop girl you dislike.

7 minutes ago, Feanor said:

And how would we be able to tell this?

We couldn'tย :gaycat5:ย "streaming farms" are a loosely defined excuse for people to discredit the success of artists they dislike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Out of everyone here, why would it be Lorde and Katy Perry be serious have you seen their daily streamsย :dies:ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not people voting for Taylor when she's the only one who would still have great numbers even if you removed all streaming units altogetherย :dies:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Taylor just did 1.2m pure in 1 week & she โ€œrelies on streaming farmsโ€? The prompt might as well be vote for your least favourite/who has you most pressed

Edited by LoveInStereo
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, Klein said:

Not people voting for Taylor when she's the only one who would still have great numbers even if you removed all streaming units altogetherย :dies:

I seen a lot of people accuse her but her pure sales alone prove that she doesn't really need streaming farms. She has a large fanbase and is a GP darling and doesn't really streaming farms to boost her already massive stats.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LCTV said:

Quick everyone answer DUA LIPA they are CRAVING IT!!!!!

MTEย :ahh:

ย 

OT: Thereโ€™s no way of telling. Outside of the pop girls, BTS and Jung Kook have been accused of this the most, so I guess they would be the answer

I don't think Beyonce, Gaga, Rihanna, Katy, Ariana, Billie, Lorde(???), or Doja really give a **** about their streams beyond when they break a record or something.

ย 

Taylor, as stated, tops charts with just pure album sales alone. So I'd say Dua, since she focuses more on promoting singles and her target demographic is probably the least likely to buy albums / more likely to exclusively stream, but I don't really understand why this question matters at all?? Different artists have different demographics regardless of sharing the same genre.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marry The Gods said:

I seen a lot of people accuse her but her pure sales alone prove that she doesn't really need streaming farms. She has a large fanbase and is a GP darling and doesn't really streaming farms to boost her already massive stats.

The largest purveyors of streaming farms are artists with high physical sales, like BTS.ย 
ย 

OT: Any major streaming artist is relying on streaming farms and unscrupulous Spotify tactics - itโ€™s what you need to get ahead. Taylor Swift benefits the most from them, but Billie and Dua are most dependent on Spotify success. None of the girls are nearly as bad as Drake or JungKook and, unless youโ€™re suggesting global charts take an approach similar to South Koreaโ€™s Circle to weed out fraudulent streams, youโ€™re just trying to cause drama within fanbases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

do yall even know what a streaming farm is atpย :rip:ย supposedly dua has no fanbase but yall accuse her of having streaming farms, which is something big fanbases do (i.e. BTS fans)? make it make sense

4 minutes ago, BlossomSoul said:

How the hell are we supposed to know?

Unusual Spotify activity, odd drops in streams, a massive boost for Spotify streams starting in 2020, โ€œfansโ€ posting their yearly streams on Twitter and the summary is an impossible number of streams per one account, etc.

ย 

Drake is the perfect example. His song with Future, titled something like โ€œLife Is Good,โ€ went Diamond in the U.S. despite not being a big hit here. Its biggest market was Glendive, MT (considered to be a streaming farm in the U.S. due to its 5k population). As soon as the song hit Diamond, he took it off certain playlists on YouTube and it dropped from 3M-4M daily streams to just go to 450k daily.

duaโ€™s farms will kickoff once fraudini drops even more

• Haha 1

Whoever voted for Taylor is definitely subscribed toโ€ฆ

ย 

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Holy Ground said:

None of them! But I voted Lorde because I want her to feel includedย 

I pledge my vote to Katheryn, she HAS to be in this conversation.

ย 

OT: Latto:gaycat5:

• Haha 1

Olivia Rodrigo

ย 

It still baffles me how a relatively obscure girl released a song and two seconds later it's mega viral and breaking all kinds of streaming records. I feel like that generally doesn't happen for newer artists... or at least not that quickly. In hindsight the whole ordeal sort of reeks as an elaborate ploy to convince people that she's (somehow already) incredibly popular and launch her career. Iย wouldn't be surprised if some sort of streaming farms were used to boost her numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

global charts take an approach similar to South Koreaโ€™s Circle to weed out fraudulent streams

Apart from pausing the charts during the night to limit "zombie" streams, i don't see what more limits they could implement since Spotify already filters suspicious streams and limits how many streams an account can contribute to one song per day. I just wonder what would be your excuse if Spotify had those fraudulent streams protection, like Circle Chart, and Taylor's streams didn't change at all.ย :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.