New York or Vancouver for Christmas / Holidays?

X~MoviePoP

oF Course NYC, VISIT queens and time square

vbcazs.gif

NYC probably goes more out for Christmas than Vancouver. But Vancouver has better Asian food. You can easily ski during the day and party it up in the city. Capilano Suspension Bridge, Granville Island, have uniquely Christmas festivities. And Boxing Day shopping is a bigger thing in Canada than in the US.

NYC for Christmas, Vancouver for any other time.

I live in Van though - she cute.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:51 AM, Capris Groove said:

NYC for Christmas, Vancouver for any other time.

I live in Van though - she cute.

What stuff is there to do in Vancouver for Christmas? I dont ski lol.

5 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

What stuff is there to do in Vancouver for Christmas? I dont ski lol.

Granville Island, Capilano Suspension Bridge (gorgeous), The Nutcracker, Christmas markets, basically anything a major city offers around Christmas. But in NYC it will obviously be grander.

Vancouver is the moment because if its stunning nature and views. The mountains will be snow capped. Go to a cabin for a couple days and be festive.

On 11/10/2023 at 2:07 AM, Weld_E said:

New York during Xmas is kinda magical.

I was gonna say the exact same thing. Every time I walk on 5th ave during the xmas season it takes my breath away.

I would say stay away from NYC during the summer. Avoid that place like the plague!!!

Yes I'd say NYC :smile:

Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central, Union Square, Harold Square / Macy's will have tons of holiday themed stuff. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2023 at 10:53 PM, Hey Dude said:

Yes I'd say NYC :smile:

Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central, Union Square, Harold Square / Macy's will have tons of holiday themed stuff. 

Nice, thank you for the list of suggestions. Are you from new york? Do you know how much train rides are. We would be taking the train from the bronx alot

2 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Nice, thank you for the list of suggestions. Are you from new york? Do you know how much train rides are. We would be taking the train from the bronx alot

I used to visit there a lot :smile:

They recently increased train ticket costs to $2.95 per person so it won't be cheap to get around :emofish:

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2023 at 8:23 PM, Maroonx said:

I was gonna say the exact same thing. Every time I walk on 5th ave during the xmas season it takes my breath away.

I would say stay away from NYC during the summer. Avoid that place like the plague!!!

Ooo 5th avenue. Ill add that to the list.

Any other recommendations?

On 11/13/2023 at 1:34 PM, IBeMe said:

Bronx and Brooklyn have kinda been gentrified so dont worry. Harlem is still a mess apparently. Just be a little more alert especially at night when walking back home and stuff. Dont ever go alone in neighborhoods. Stay in the big streets and when u do head home make sure there is at least one other person with you and you should be fine. 

Okay thank you. I was a bit worried, i mean we would be ubering from the bronx and taking the train everywhere most likely but i always get worried about cities with high crime rates (especially at night time). 

Are you from NYC?

Edited by X~MoviePoP

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.