New York or Vancouver for Christmas / Holidays?

X~MoviePoP

Which location should i visit for christmas holidays this year with my family tagging along?

If Nyc, whats there to do or see in nyc during winter?

If Vancouver, whats there to do or see in Vancouver during winter?

My minds telling me NYC.

(I'm the type to sight see and take pics and i like good food)...nyc just scares me a bit cause i watch law and order alot lmao.

Thoughts?

Cameltoe Chariot

Vancouver, zero question! There's a really cute christmas market in coal harbour every year, you're close to whistler, and the weather is extremely mild. They almost never have snow over actual Christmas, but it's still cool outside!

New York!

the vibes really are different i can't explain it, and there are lots to do. one of my memorable Xmases is the one i spent in NYC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vancouver only if you want to go skiing. Otherwise NYC all the way. It’s quite safe, compared to some parts of Vancouver

NYC, especially if you want to tackle the different food cuisines and obv the infamous landmarks. its not as dark as the media points it out to be, plus its always the most crowded during the holidays, so i wouldn’t worry too much

I love New York but the cost of hotels these days is insane.  Still, it is a fun place to be in Christmas time. 

46 minutes ago, CampfireSmoke said:

Vancouver only if you want to go skiing. Otherwise NYC all the way. It’s quite safe, compared to some parts of Vancouver

Please Vancouver is safer than probably any big city in the US :biblio:  

17 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Safer, cleaner and overall nicer. 

56 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Mmm..I was basing it off my experience of walking through Eastside to get to Chinatown which was the biggest mistake

4 minutes ago, CampfireSmoke said:

Mmm..I was basing it off my experience of walking through Eastside to get to Chinatown which was the biggest mistake

Downtown Eastside is known for its homeless population lol

I just been to Vancouver last week and shocked by how much open drug usage and homeless people it felt quite dangerous especially in the downtown (chinatown) area

i'd love to have a snowy Christmas .. have never experienced that before.  

I love New York but i'd feel it be overly busy.

• Like 1

Whilst I’d say Vancouver is probably better to live in, New York is the ultimate Christmas city and a place everyone should visit at least once in their life.

During Xmas go to NYC. It is stunning. Every other time of the year visit Vancouver. 

On 11/11/2023 at 9:52 PM, WEEKND said:

Vancouver 

it's pretty and full of rich men 

On 11/10/2023 at 2:03 AM, imacutiesis said:

I just been to Vancouver last week and shocked by how much open drug usage and homeless people it felt quite dangerous especially in the downtown (chinatown) area

On 11/9/2023 at 11:07 PM, Mitsouko said:

Vancouver. Do not come to New York. It is not worth the money or time here.

On 11/9/2023 at 10:49 PM, CampfireSmoke said:

On 11/9/2023 at 10:34 PM, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Vancouver, zero question! There's a really cute christmas market in coal harbour every year, you're close to whistler, and the weather is extremely mild. They almost never have snow over actual Christmas, but it's still cool outside!

See id love to visit Vancouver but im being told that there isnt much to do if you dont ski or snowboard. Another option was montreal or Quebec city but that quickly became a no. But for Vancouver i keep hearing that theres not much sight seeing or monuments. Im more the type to see things, take pics, eat and experience the atmosphere. Im afraid Vancouver is just pretty and thats it. On the other hand we dont have to pay for a Hotel in NYC cause we will be staying with extended family..issue is..that family is in the bronx NYC and the bronx doesn't have the best safety rating lol

On 11/11/2023 at 9:48 PM, Pop Life said:

There's nothing like Christmas in New York tbh

On 11/11/2023 at 2:50 PM, IBeMe said:

During Xmas go to NYC. It is stunning. Every other time of the year visit Vancouver. 

On 11/11/2023 at 1:14 PM, Robert said:

Whilst I’d say Vancouver is probably better to live in, New York is the ultimate Christmas city and a place everyone should visit at least once in their life.

On 11/11/2023 at 1:09 PM, Devin said:

NYC

On 11/10/2023 at 2:07 AM, Weld_E said:

New York during Xmas is kinda magical.

On 11/10/2023 at 2:06 AM, Alldeezy said:

i'd love to have a snowy Christmas .. have never experienced that before.  

I love New York but i'd feel it be overly busy.

On 11/9/2023 at 11:36 PM, byzantium said:

I love New York but the cost of hotels these days is insane.  Still, it is a fun place to be in Christmas time. 

On 11/9/2023 at 10:58 PM, hausofdave said:

NYC, especially if you want to tackle the different food cuisines and obv the infamous landmarks. its not as dark as the media points it out to be, plus its always the most crowded during the holidays, so i wouldn’t worry too much

On 11/9/2023 at 10:56 PM, Mezter said:

Is this even a question? NYC

On 11/9/2023 at 10:38 PM, Sabrina Carpenter said:

New York!

the vibes really are different i can't explain it, and there are lots to do. one of my memorable Xmases is the one i spent in NYC.

On 11/9/2023 at 10:39 PM, Airlie said:

New York, duh

Yah we are leaning to new york because we have a family members place to stay at for free and i really want to experience this big christmas tree and all that NYC has to offer for the holidays. I loveeee good food and I also want to see the monuments and sight see. My issue is we are staying in the bronx. Do any of you have any thoughts on the bronx or ever been? Is it as scary as i hear or is that all fake news lol.

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Yah we are leaning to new york because we have a family members place to stay at for free and i really want to experience this big christmas tree and all that NYC has to offer for the holidays. I loveeee good food and I also want to see the monuments and sight see. My issue is we are staying in the bronx. Do any of you have any thoughts on the bronx or ever been? Is it as scary as i hear or is that all fake news lol.

Bronx and Brooklyn have kinda been gentrified so dont worry. Harlem is still a mess apparently. Just be a little more alert especially at night when walking back home and stuff. Dont ever go alone in neighborhoods. Stay in the big streets and when u do head home make sure there is at least one other person with you and you should be fine. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.