your reaction if Taylor gets 0 nominations at this Grammys?

tili33

could Taylor get The Weeknd'ed?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. could Taylor get The Weeknd'ed? aka. ZERO noms?

I mean, it is possible.

I am certain what happened to The Weeknd was voters thought "oh people will surely vote for him, let me vote elsewhere" and what happened was he scored 0 nominations.

It would not be out of the realm of possibility that voters think"

1) Oh Taylor is going to get enough votes from others, let me vote for someone else - resulting in few/no nominations.

2) People actively do not vote for her because she has already won AoTY three times - resulting in few/no nominations.

I would not see it being the full extend as The Weekend, but I would not be terribly surprised if she only scores Pop, Pop Duo/Group, Pop Vocal and a SoTY nomination (which isn't bad at all - but not what everyone would anticipate).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mezik said:

I mean, it is possible.

I am certain what happened to The Weeknd was voters thought "oh people will surely vote for him, let me vote elsewhere" and what happened was he scored 0 nominations.

It would not be out of the realm of possibility that voters think"

1) Oh Taylor is going to get enough votes from others, let me vote for someone else - resulting in few/no nominations.

2) People actively do not vote for her because she has already won AoTY three times - resulting in few/no nominations.

I would not see it being the full extend as The Weekend, but I would not be terribly surprised if she only scores Pop, Pop Duo/Group, Pop Vocal and a SoTY nomination (which isn't bad at all - but not what everyone would anticipate).

actually, it was the secret Grammy 'committee' made of 20 ish people who are the reason The Weeknd, Ed Sheran, got bumped out... if I remember correctly.

I'd be shocked to be frank; she had a big year, so it's expected that she'd at least get one nomination.

Edited by réveuse

4 minutes ago, tili33 said:

actually, it was the secret Grammy 'committee' made of 20 ish people who are the reason The Weeknd, Ed Sheran, got bumped out... if I remember correctly.

He had zero support that year. He couldn’t even get a single nom in pop categories which is straight vote, no committee. 

Edited by Steve Johnson
  • Thanks 1

Midnights broke numerous records, there is no way it would be snubbed. Even at least a Best Pop Vocal Album nomination like reputation. 

I wouldn’t care she has nothing to prove anymore

The possibility exists, but that happening is pretty unlikely. Evermore ended up getting a single nom, and we found out it came in 9th/10th place in the AOTY lineup when they expanded it last minute. That was, of course, just after a win & multiple noms for Folklore. They probably didn't care to vote for her as much for Evermore (either cause they didn't feel rushed to award her again or didn't like it as much, or both). Time has passed since then and I doubt Midnights would get the same treatment (plus all the exposure & tour).

It would be extremely weird if she doesn't get into at least pop vocal considering how lacking the lineup is.

The current predicted lineup for pop vocal ablum is the following.

Chemistry – Kelly Clarkson

Endless Summer Vacation – Miley Cyrus

Guts – Olivia Rodrigo

Subtract – Ed Sheeran

Mignights – Taylor Swift

The next tier are  Post Malone  and Gracie Abraham's album. 

It would be comical if Taylor can't get in over Kelly Clarkson , Ed Sheeran or Post Malone.

'Even rep got a pop vocal album nomination. 

Honestly she doesn’t deserve an AOTY nom. I actually hope she doesn’t get nominated because it might make her put a bit more effort in for TS11

• Thumbs Down 2

she would get at least one

but i don’t think she would care that much about losing an AOTY nom like she did with rep after winning it 3 times already

I can totally see it happening. They might not nominate her in order to prevent her from getting another AOTY. It would be too much at this point. She needs to wait at least 10 years before she gets the next one. 

She's a Grammy darling, so there's zero chance she'll be snubbed.

I'd cackle at the meltdowns if she was.

spacer.png

Edited by Blue Skies

I hope she doesn't so that she goes crazy and makes another good album

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.