Who will be the next Taylor Swift? Billie or Olivia or Dua or someone new?

FolkLover1989

Who will be next Taylor Swift in commercial success and consistency?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be successful like Taylor is?

Who will be the next Taylor Swift ?

I don't mean Taylor wise in music or genre etc..

But Taylor level of success and consistency? Who will be able to replicate?

The closest so far are Billie and Olivia

Discuss

Edited by FolkLover1989

No one because Taylor is an anomaly.

I think Billie will be the most succesful overall consumption wise and Dua will end up having the most global hits

• Like 1

No one

Imagine having a 1.65 m debut week for a re-recording album, two weeks top on hot 100 with two different tracks, and a tour with 1.5B box office, 17 years in your career :rip:

These girls will be very lucky and be considered as a super successful artist if they can reach half of Taylor’s success 

• Like 4

None of them will reach her sustained heights (no other female artist ever will) but Billie will have the longest and most impactful career

10 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

None of them will reach her sustained heights (no other female artist ever will) but Billie will have the longest and most impactful career

Someone obviously will, this was said about Madonna in the 2000s as well and now here we are

It might take another 20 years tho

• Like 1

Taylor Swift is such a lighting in a bottle phenomenon, there will never be another.  

Just like there will never be another Madonna or never be another Beatles.  

Now if you are asking who is the next artist to potentially enter the pantheon of legends, I would say none of the above.  Dua doesn’t release fast enough so will not have the catalogue, Billie seems to be more on the trajectory of a more successful Lana Del Rey (which is really good but not going to outsell Whitney Houston.

Olivia is a bit of a wildcard but I don’t see her having the same consistent output in the long run. 

• Thanks 1

If we live to see a successful time machine being built, I can imagine Taylor Swift travelling through time to dethrone Taylor Swift but until that moment comes it ain’t happening. 

:ryan3:

• Haha 2

None. Taylor is not on the same level as your normal pop girls so you cannot go around making comparisons like who’s the new Madonna, the new Beyonce, the new Rihanna.

Her impact is a once in a lifetime situation which has not been experienced since the Beatles and will not be experience for another half century.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Literally none of them. I don’t think anyone is going to reach Taylor’s level of success for a very long time, if at all.

Edited by JoJo

None. Taylor is a living legend. 

None of those artists will have her creative output, her vision, or her drive. 

I don’t think we will see a moment like Taylor so soon and when someone else as massive comes along it will be in completely different terms, just like Taylor was different from Madonna’s domination, Michael’s, Beatles’, etc That’s the main trait about these major pop icons: they all had their own way of owning up the music industry. So enjoy Taylor’s reign. None of these girls will be touching that, but they are still doing great

• Like 1

I echo the sentiment that there won’t really be a “next” Taylor. The same way Taylor has carved out her own lane that is entirely separate of Madonna or Michael, for example, someone else will have to pave their own way that is unique to them.

I think this site gets so caught up in asking if Taylor has “surpassed” the legends of yesterday without stopping to realize that Taylor isn’t supposed to surpass them — she’s meant to stand alongside them. Which she does, mind you. 

Edited by PoisonedIvy
  • Like 13

The main key in Taylor's longevity is going above and beyond to sustain and keep on growing the fanbase until this day, and that is pretty obvious to anyone that is aware of the industry, but the problem is that no one is welling to actually do it because it may seem simple but it requires A LOT of effort, and today's artists seem to be living in this delusion of the social media hype and that one hit is all it takes for a stable successful career, which is so far away from reality.

Really thought Olivia would be the one, because of the way she blew up and garnered a significant following quickly, but she doesn't seem to have the drive to keep on growing and may have peaked already. Not saying that Sour wasn't a once in a, mega smash era, but she kind of took the easy way this era and depended on the hype of following a huge era, this also may have been the Speak Now to her Fearless too, so we'll see anyway.

2 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

But Taylor level of success and consistency? Who will be able to replicate?

The closest so far are Billie and Olivia

How are they the closest ones when both had sophomore slumps while Dua had a massive debut and an even bigger second album? :redface: she’s clearly the most consistent one so far but there’s such a long trajectory for them to match Taylor it’s impossible to tell from 2 albums only.

None bc they all reached global fame and success in their first eras, unlike Miss Americana.

:ryan3:

• Thumbs Down 1

No one. No one has Taylor’s pen game, her brain, non-stop work ethic, and unique relationship with the fans. Her life has been like a book unfolded into songs and different genres.

none of these. taylor's career benefited from a gradual rise in stardom and not having #1s after #1s right away during her first album. she was able to create an intimate bond with the people who supported her throughout the years whereas the others have pretty much reached the insurmountable peaks of their careers pretty early 

edit: this was a compliment to taylor but unfortunately the atrl swifties who downvoted this are the most braindead individuals on this website

Edited by Credit
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I expect another phenomenon in the vibes of Lady Gaga-Britney-Billie in the future.  Sadly some of these music phenomenons get too big in the first eras and the backlash they face is huge and they lose their fire and they have their "is over moment" drowning everything.  They burn too fast. 

Taylor one? Nope cause thats something you build from years and years of evolution like a caterpillar and there's no one in this moment with that ambitiousnes.  Beyonce had it but i think she's been losing it cause she's a mother and busy. 

Edited by AvadaKedavra

There will never be another

No one

But billie is gaga

Olivia is taylor

And dua is rih

Nobody

as Taylor sings “I’m the only one of me, baby that’s the fun of me!”

2 hours ago, Credit said:

none of these. taylor's career benefited from a gradual rise in stardom and not having #1s after #1s right away during her first album. she was able to create an intimate bond with the people who supported her throughout the years whereas the others have pretty much reached the insurmountable peaks of their careers pretty early 

Not really Fearless is bigger than anything Olivia, Billie and Dua released. Success can't just be measure in terms of number of #1s....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.