has this year been underwhelming?

tili33

has this year been underwhelming?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. has this year been underwhelming?

Kinda the opposite for me but it flashed before my eyes like the boring years did

Like how is it almost over already :deadbanana4:

Edited by Illuminati
  • Like 1

Not really. In the beginning it was but so much great music came out this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Musically, def.

It seems that a significant portion of popular songs nowadays relies on uncreative sampling, and while I don't mean any disrespect, the nostalgia trend has become so pervasive that escaping it feels almost impossible. This trend extends even to the extensive media coverage of artists like Swift (excluding "Midnight").

• Like 1

1 minute ago, houdini said:

Not really. In the beginning it was but so much great music came out this year. 

your “will 2023 be the best year in music” threads got me hyped:deadbanana4:

OT: yeah, i expected a lot of artists to drop but they didn’t. next year will be the year!

• Haha 1

Mainstream Music wise, definitely. :dies: Easily the weakest year of the 2020’s. 

• Like 1

Y'all ask this every year. The answer is no. Y'all are just gettin old 

Edited by ontherocks
  • Haha 1

Nope! Many of my favorite artists released new music this year, and it's been one of the best years ever for video games. It finally feels like the modern gen of gaming has taken off 

Honestly no lol it's been a really memorable year for me

Spoiler

I shaved my head due to oversexualization

I discovered my dad had gone to jail for 3 years in my childhood

I discovered the history of the capital of the city that my parents had to flee a war from

My mom got diagnosed w/ cancer AND beat it

I got to work with my dream project at school

I conceptualized another full goal in life

My two remaining uncles have passed away

Britney's book came out
I started a new job that's kind of unlike anything I've done before

Like this year kind of has an it-factor to it :giraffe:

• Like 1

Yes I've only gotten one allday song and it was only a collab on a song that wasn't his ... after him teasing new album this year since march. I'm tired.

However new music from denis & 360 made up for it.

I feel 2024 will be the year to make up for this underwhelming year of music.

I'm the first one to criticize whoever says this for parroting the same thing every year but this has truly been so dreadful musically, it was looking so promising at the beginning but then kinda fizzled out. Especially on the Western/English side :rip:

Yeah, lots of releases but most of them were underwhelming tbh. New albums from Jessie Ware, Roisin, boygenius, Tove all kind of came and went

Lana, Taylor, Sufjan, and Kelela carried this year for me

**** no! At least not for me. Depeche Mode released their best album in decades (and I saw them live), as did The Rolling Stones. The Beatles released a ******* new song! Kesha released the best album of her career so far. Kelly Clarkson had a strong project, same goes for Lana. SG Lewis and Roosevelt gave me nu-disco perfection. Eurovision had a very strong cast this year. And don't forget how Kylie "PADAM! PADAM!" ruled the gay summer (although Tension was a bit underwhelming tbh).

Edited by The Next Day

Music wise its been great. But life wise, well...

mhjghxT.gif

Cupcakke’s cumback was cancelled so yes.

spacer.png

Hell no. Music, video games, movies that were/going to be released this year are the better than the previous years

It's been a good enough year for me. My favorite part of the year is always October through December anyway, so the best still has yet to come for me. It's been a pretty typical year, overall, I've had some great moments as well as some dull ones. I'm going to look back on this year favorably, for how I've grown even more as a person throughout it.

Honestly, in 2022... when we were slowly fully out from under the COVID cloud, I thought 2023 was going to be THAT b*tch but it's been... OK I guess. COVID really f*cked things up, I feel like the global economy is still trying to recover. 2023 has been OK.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.