Tate McRae - 'THINK LATER'

kyliefever2002

I know Greedy is still salying it on the charts, but at this point I feel like her career is fading a lot. :chick2:

She is a "new" artist to most of the world, she should be releasing colabs or more singles to keep her name in the gp's mind. Even the Ava Max team did better after SBS

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kellebrity98

• Raphy23

• kyliefever2002

• Credit

i understand she is reharsing for tour, but she needs a new single + video    asap

• 2 weeks later...

Em7JbIWVoAA3WHj.jpg

Pack you bags ladies, we'll see each other in the next era

i'm calling rca rn

spacer.png

they've deleted the tweet now and i'm not gonna believe that til i can see a source, i saw one of those accounts saying that there was definitely going to be a deluxe a few weeks back, based on an interview where she absolutely didn't say that at all. This deluxe edition has become a prime source of gossip (was there a tweet saying it was definitely going to be released on April 8 with 6 new tracks in the middle?), official announcement or it didn't happen

also, wouldn't be a bad thing. push hurt my feelings now, new standalone single in the summer ftw

meantime first clips are in from the tour, regulars in this thread will be pleased to see she's not singing much and does the splits 

edit: can't get it to embed, there's a video there tho

2nd edit: cracked it

Edited by makeawish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not doing a deluxe is such a waste.

Think Later underperformed because of the Christmas season but I see why they still rushed to release it as Greedy was doing so well. The album kinda went as soon as it came and I assumed they didn't push any new single because the next single would be on the Deluxe. Right in time for the tour.

The album hype died quickly but could've been revived by releasing a deluxe with just 4 new upbeat Greedy sisters. By not doing a Deluxe the album pretty much just died. She likely wont release any new material until november when the tour ends. I think thats too big of a gap and the Deluxe could've filled that.

I don't get why she's been teasing studio sessions if theres no new album.

But what would be on it if it did happen? given that they refocused the album mid recording i feel like her leftovers are probably slower tunes and people (not me) seem to be mad about the amount of ballads and mid-tempos on think later already. any new bops she records could be a new single anyway. I can see the reasoning of starting a new era that goes a bit harder while keeping a lot of what's good with the lower key stuff too, as long as it starts quite soon.

But also, the whole deluxe thing has been gossip from the word go. all this atrl reaction today based on one deleted tweet from a stan account is...probably more gossip.

We need Hurt My Feelings ft Jack Harlow or some other trendy pop-rapper. Would be a cute summer smash :bird:

Sabrina took her spot. :duck:

She was so talked about during TL's release timeframe and had a lot of viral memes, what happened?

It just stopped like 1 week after the album

I basically assume that while greedy has been in the top 10, no one's really been that bothered, now that and the album are dropping down the US chart maybe something will get done, or maybe not.

there should have been another single before now (and it should be hurt my feelings) but also, the album should have come out in January to focus on a third song in the first place, run for the hills was done dirty 

Edited by makeawish

12 hours ago, kyliefever2002 said:

What did the tweet say?

• Like 1

Yall are overdramatic. Greedy is still slaying and exes is on its way to 300m not to mention YBMF still gets 1m daily streams. She's outdoing most of her peers still, Think Later did better than Benson Boone and Tyla's albums

Also it was the first night of her sold out tour :clap3: she slayed

1 hour ago, Parallel said:

What did the tweet say?

IIRC it just said she'd confirmed there was no deluxe album in one of the iheartradio awards interviews, but I don't think there was a video link to it and, if it were true, someone would have noticed two weeks ago. I can fully imagine it being some massive reach that the tweeter thought better of.

1 hour ago, Parallel said:

Yall are overdramatic. Greedy is still slaying and exes is on its way to 300m not to mention YBMF still gets 1m daily streams. She's outdoing most of her peers still, Think Later did better than Benson Boone and Tyla's albums

I don't really disagree with this that much, people saying she's all washed up cos she hasn't had a song out in a few months are underestimating her (she always comes back with a bop). It does feel a bit quiet tho, would have liked to see more.

imo rfth should've been pushed tho but prob rca ******* up everything as they always do. all the popularity that came with greedy and the era is thanks to tate and her media presence on TikTok. rca is the worst label after epic, they just cannot do things well.

what went wrong (po):

greedy could've been no.1 in the us if it gets pushed in the radios earlier and an extended mix, kinda same she performed 

exes could've been top 10 if it gets more perfomances and pushed in radio in the right time

after snl grave should've been released as a promo single, it had a nice momentum on TikTok, or at least the live edition or both

album feels rushed releasewise, you can feel that it was pushed bc of greedy, january release would've been better

rfth as the third single, radio push and perfomances at iheartradio, brits

now a deluxe with a hurt my feelings remix feature with sabrina (?) they actually had lot of interaction on insta, met backstage etc

ALSO why performing greedy in every ******* show? :gaycat7:

Even though exes peaked, greedy is stable on pop radio, it's been top 10 for almost half a year, I think they're just waiting for it to drop before pushing a new single, and coming off the heels of greedy and exes whatever they push should rocket up pop radio so there's really no rush

her UK store kinda robbed me. I bought three bundles including a shirt and the white vinyl and they only sent the shirts. now they're asking me to wait until May 20th? for a replacement to be issued. replacement for what exactly... they did not send the vinyl.

there are many scraps that l worded. so, we can make a deluxe with them :biblionny:

Ok, we have a source on the deluxe thing 

Still maintain I was right not to believe a thing I saw on the internet, tho obvs I just look like an idiot now

5 hours ago, kellebrity98 said:

all the popularity that came with greedy and the era is thanks to tate and her media presence on TikTok. rca is the worst label after epic, they just cannot do things well.

i was reading a bit about record labels pushing viral hits rather than concentrating on long term careers the other day and i thought of tate, it was more about straightfwdly viral tik tok stuff than artists who already have a bit of a footprint but i feel like a lot of effort has gone into squeezing every stream out of greedy rather than building up the album/era and it kinda sucks.

but otoh there was a long time when she wasn't having hits (esp in america) and they could have ditched her then, so i feel like some sort of long term thinking has gone into her career, this is just the dollar signs flashing 

I would love if she makes a remix of Hurt my feelings with Jack Harlow and push it as a single. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.