Top Posters In This Topic

• kellebrity98

• Raphy23

• kyliefever2002

• Credit

i need this 

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 6:49 PM, k4rmabutterfly said:

I think for her next album she should drop the sad girl image and sound 100%, there’s so much competition with Billie, Olivia, Taylor, SZA, even Lana :devil: and let’s be honest, she’s not as good or relatable as them when it comes to her sad songs so she can’t compete with them. 

Hi, new sign up here

Will absolutely defend the slower songs and ballads, there's a type of very earnest melodrama she does - eg Stay Done, Grave - that i think no one else really touches. When I came to Think Later I expected it to be more pop than it turned out to be but there's nothing on there i'd ditch. I also think there's been a shift in them: they're not schoolyard romances and grudges anymore and have a broader appeal now (i don't think enough was done to push Run For the Hills as a chart song, releasing the album into the teeth of the christmas period was just dumb).

When she does another record i'd expect it will slant majority pop, surely bound to after Greedy, but i also think the idea that she'd completely ditch the stuff she built her career on is unlikely? These things aren't just business decisions and in interviews she puts a lot on the idea of confessional songwriting, but even if it was all business, each project seems to build the fanbase from the last one and the slower tunes are part of that, You Broke Me First is still turning some numbers over even now

Edited by makeawish
  • Like 2

Where ls run for the hills video :chick3:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, znake said:

Where ls run for the hills video :chick3:

here is run for the hills video, came out on album release day! has a certain kind of "i've known music video directors who used subtext and they were all cowards" quality to it (she's running! there are hills!) but i thought it was pretty good

Edited by makeawish
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'll be honest I was a little disappointed on first listen of this album but the past weekend I gave it another couple of streams and now I am obsessed :jonnycat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So is she doing a deluxe or?

26 minutes ago, Better Mistakes said:

I'll be honest I was a little disappointed on first listen of this album but the past weekend I gave it another couple of streams and now I am obsessed :jonnycat:

it's a grower isn't it. I think the assumption for everyone was that at least half of it would sound like Greedy but she's so good all round i think that it works fine as it is

2 minutes ago, makeawish said:

it's a grower isn't it. I think the assumption for everyone was that at least half of it would sound like Greedy but she's so good all round i think that it works fine as it is

yeah, greedy is a bit of an outlier. The album is quite reminiscent of Bebe's Better Mistakes in a weird way

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/10/2024 at 10:38 AM, kellebrity98 said:

i need this 

Sounds so good. Kinda reminds me of Cut My Hair

• Like 1

:irate: Girl  please promote 

• 2 weeks later...

idk about that date but she use these emojis all the time now and my guess is that we're getting 6 new songs which will be placed from track 9 to track 14. It would make sense since rn track 8 is we're not alike and that part of the album is newer recordings while the other half like calgary, messier were older songs and that part of the record isn't really strong in streams 

• Like 1

i know there won't be deluxe vinyl/cd but, having said that: i hope that there's a deluxe vinyl or cd. or bonus tracks on a RSD 12". or something. take my money tate fgs

Is deluxe really coming next Friday?

2 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Is deluxe really coming next Friday?

Since when is this a thing? Really?

On 3/22/2024 at 5:40 PM, kellebrity98 said:

idk about that date but she use these emojis all the time now and my guess is that we're getting 6 new songs which will be placed from track 9 to track 14. It would make sense since rn track 8 is we're not alike and that part of the album is newer recordings while the other half like calgary, messier were older songs and that part of the record isn't really strong in streams 

20 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

Since when is this a thing? Really?

idk. It was just this tweet. 

it makes sense that it might be out before the tour but do i actually believe a random stan on twitter, not really, i've not seen it anywhere else

• Like 1

mezAxJX.jpeg

DELUXE IS COMING!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kellebrity98 said:

mezAxJX.jpeg

DELUXE IS COMING!!!!

That's the tour set list, it says Stay Done (acoustic)

Go ahead gurl give us nothing after Greedy!

10 minutes ago, LCTV said:

Go ahead gurl give us nothing after Greedy!

She promoted a lot exes , what are you talking about, the only missing is run for the hills video :weeps:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, znake said:

She promoted a lot exes , what are you talking about, the only missing is run for the hills video :weeps:

be fr no one is talking about her post Greedy. Exes quite literally just exists.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, LCTV said:

be fr no one is talking about her post Greedy. Exes quite literally just exists.

that's not true. she didn't really promote it but the song pulls 1-4-1,8 m streams since release without any promo

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.