Is it time to admit that Ed Sheeran is bigger than The Beatles in the UK?

brazil

Ed Sheeran's music is in the most consumed ever in the British isles, with Taylor lagging at a distant second.

Overall consumption of Swift tracks in the week of 907,505 units raise her career tally to 63,975,611 – more than anyone but Ed Sheeran (97,613,053). 

Source: 

So as Swifties are saying that Taylor has or will surpass Madonna, is it safe to say that Ed Sheeran has surpassed the Beatles and MJ??!! Discuss

:clack:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

In singles units specifically, as the source that thread uses clearly states? Sure, why not. Probably not other metrics.

7 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I see the OTHs are mad.  This has been a hard month for them.  

Yall keep calling me OTH, but I keep telling ya Exile is my jam :suburban:

7 minutes ago, brazil said:

Yall keep calling me OTH, but I keep telling ya Exile is my jam :suburban:

Do you really think you are fooling anyone? 

Well, Ed is the better artist!

I wish atrl would stop living in a bubble. 

The Beatles don't have a single song as good as Galway Girl or Castle On The Hill whew.... give Eduard his praises!

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, byzantium said:

I see the OTHs are mad.  This has been a hard month for them.  

More like you guys are annoyed and whining for absolutely losing every discussion :ahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

This is just singles units. If you're going to troll at least do it right sis 

:suburban:

And the Beatles came out at a time when singles were the main consumption and not albums :toofunny3:

It's funny how when you use reverse psychology on the Swifties they start to use excuses like "bUT it'S juST SINglEs11!!" :laugh:

Anyway, Ed Sheeran has multiple #1 singles outside of Anglosphere. Call me when Taylor has that :toofunny3:

Edited by JaXXXon
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, JaXXXon said:

And the Beatles came out at a time when singles were the main consumption and not albums :toofunny3:

Not sure what your point is. 86% of the Beatles' total equivalent units come album sales. 

Good luck to Ed on catching up with him in total equivalent units in or out of the UK! 

:suburban:

Edited by The Music Industry

Yes not everyone has two albums that have passed 3.5  million units  to be fair :suburban:

• Haha 1

The Beatles new album released 70 years later will definitely chart longer than his newest album that charted for TWO weeks... :rip:

BTW, Adele is bigger than the beatles in the UK based on album units, not Ed who only has quick lil singles.

Not OTH pretending to like Ed Sheeran because he holds a single record that Taylor will eventually break anyway. :deadbanana2:

8 hours ago, Cheers said:

The Beatles don't have a single song as good as Galway Girl or Castle On The Hill whew.... give Eduard his praises!

:ryan3:

12 hours ago, JaXXXon said:

It's funny how when you use reverse psychology on the Swifties they start to use excuses like "bUT it'S juST SINglEs11!!" :laugh:

Anyway, Ed Sheeran has multiple #1 singles outside of Anglosphere. Call me when Taylor has that :toofunny3:

And what will they say when his tour gross surpasses hers because it will.

14 hours ago, vuelve88 said:

Not OTH pretending to like Ed Sheeran because he holds a single record that Taylor will eventually break anyway. :deadbanana2:

Exactly, that's what it's always about. OTH have constantly bandwagoned random artists just to feel they have "points" against Taylor. Absolutely deranged behavior :toofunny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.