90 members have voted

1. 1. Better?

• Madonna
    • Taylor
  2. 2. More iconic?

• Madonna
    • Taylor

Are mods going to do nothing :deadbanana4:

Looks like Taylor has pissed many bases lately.

1989 -> 1989tv 

One thing remains the same :ahh:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

What's up with all the Madonna x TS threads recently? Why y'all setting up Taylor like that? 

• Like 2

Just now, jesus del rey said:

What's up with all the Madonna x TS threads recently? Why y'all setting up Taylor like that? 

Taylor is coming for overall numbers and records so meltdown is in full swing

This is with her not releasing Eras Tour gross yet. It's gonna be hilarious :gaycat5:

• Thumbs Down 6

madonna has lav, true blue, lap, erotica

taxlor has speak now og, red og, 1989 og and folklore hide and seek

3 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Taylor is coming for overall numbers and records so meltdown is in full swing

This is with her not releasing Eras Tour gross yet. It's gonna be hilarious :gaycat5:

This is part of it but you also have to show the other side: there have also been Swifties who have been really pushing the ''she has already surpassed Madonna'' narratives when that's factually not true. Yeah she can surpass her most likely in the future, but it hasn't happend yet.

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

This is part of it but you also have to show the other side: there have also been Swifties who have been really pushing the ''she has already surpassed Madonna'' narratives when that's factually not true. Yeah she can surpass her most likely in the future, but it hasn't happend yet.

So they said that in one thread and probably at best 2-3 swifties and somehow we have 10s of thread for comparison 

It's not the Swifties who are insecure here :deadbanana4:

Madonna and Taylor both occupy very different place in culture and can co exist. Records are made to be broken. 

No need to deflect and all

• Thumbs Down 4

i listen to Taylor a lot more and stan her but come on now. why would you set up her visual output against arguably the best pop visionary of all time :rip:

• Like 2

It's really funny how when pop girls reach their peak all the fan base start attacking Madonna :rip: (I know this is a troll thread tho) 

Edited by Digitalism
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, FolkLover1989 said:

So they said that in one thread and probably at best 2-3 swifties and somehow we have 10s of thread for comparison 

It's not the Swifties who are insecure here :deadbanana4:

Madonna and Taylor both occupy very different place in culture and can co exist. Records are made to be broken. 

No need to deflect and all

I never said Swifties were insecure, I said certain Swifties keep pushing that narrative and it's not just in that one thread, that narrative has been pushed for a while. This is ATRL, you can't be surprised when people retaliate :michael:

And yes I agree with your second statement. There's a reason why they're The Queen Of Pop and The Music Industry respectively. Their impact is different, and so is their music

1 minute ago, alejandreaux said:

i listen to Taylor a lot more and stan her but come on now. why would you set up her visual output against arguably the best pop visionary of all time :rip:

k. next time will do Lana vs. Taylor. COCC cover will make her win, I'm sure :ryan3:

Taylor is too provincial looking while Madonna has a more polished/sophisticated look to her so her covers are more interesting and coceptual.

the confessions on a dancefloor cover alone>>>>

Confessions%20On%20A%20Dance%20Floor.jpg

• Thanks 3

Madonna

Like a Virgin

True Blue

Like a Prayer

ROL

Folklore

Evermore

COADF

swifties are desperate to make taylor bigger than madonna

so stupid

• Like 5

Madonna sweetie 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptus said:
Cover artwork of Taylor Swift's 2010 album Speak Now, depicting Swift twirling in a purple dress

Never noticed how awkward Taylor looks on the speak now cover. Like wtf if happening with her arm? :giraffe:

ot: erotica cover alone stomps on all of Taylor’s. 

Edited by Infatuation_Junkie

Is this your mission for ATRL to hate Taylor? :skull: 

Madonna for all duh. 

They both have some god-tier covers and they both have some shitty ones too.

True Blue and Ray of Light, and Red and Reputation are all pretty top tier in my opinion, while Lover and American Life are both pretty awful :suburban:

There will the brigade from a smattering of individuals hiding behind Madonna because Taylor has already trounced their fave in every conceivable metric (and isn't it ironic to see Monsters cowering behind Madonna), but that shouldn't invalidate the objective reality here. Both have good album covers and both have bad album covers. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.