One year since Rihanna's "Lift Me Up" & "Born Again." Thoughts on them today?

Diesel is Desire

I legit forgot that Born Again existed :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Well she proved everyone she can sell a lullaby....and it did its effect ( I cried while it played during Wakanda Forevers end credits). Now give us a bop Rih!!

Lift Me Up is absolutely gorgeous.

ATRLers are just mad because they expected Rih to come back with a bop they could do poppers to :sorry:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Lift Me Up is one of the worst songs I've ever heard

billie.thumb.gif.cfc0bab0a88f6d07d4c1ea6

It kinda had staying power on charts, Rih's power I guess

17 minutes ago, Hurem said:

ATRLers are just mad because they expected Rih to come back with a bop they could do poppers to :sorry:

Note to atrl: Me and hurem do not account share hihi

ot:

Lift me up is solid, not anything wow -but a nice song nonetheless. Born again could probably contend for least successful TTH song ever. 

still nothing positive to say about them 

Lift me up is genuinely not a good song no matter which way you spin it. It’s forgettable and utter garbage. If anyone else had sung it, I’d still have the same opinion. I laughed at that video of the producers up her ass all like “omg this is such a bop”

Ruined her musical comeback.

Two forgotten fad songs.

32 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Same wtf...I only remember Lift Me Up :rip:

33 minutes ago, Hurem said:

And is !!

Born Again on the other hand is very bland and forgettable. Sounds like a leftover from the R8 sessions

41 minutes ago, Love Again said:

The fact that she has never ever acknowledged the song, not even the day it dropped....

Wasn’t a fan of either when they dropped.

I see the vision they had for Lift Me Up and the moment they tried to create, but the song just wasn’t good enough. In all fairness, it’s easy to listen to, but the lyrics weigh the song down a lot. 

Slay Again >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> that boring attempt at a lullaby with badly produced vocals and vague lyrics

I’m a huge fan of her but if i will say that i like those two horrible songs i would literally make fun of her discography. She has in her to release fantastic music and those two songs were just not it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.